Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Christ, just found someone with an NP lvl 5 Gilgamesh. How much money would you have to have spent to make that even a vaguely reasonable possibility? Not complaining, since he's rather good at vaporizing stuff, unsurprisingly, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So tired of this bullshit of making the midboss incredibly harder than the final boss. Yes, let's stick a loving 140000 hp Fafnir shifted to Assassin in. Because there's so many good Casters with damaging NPs, and hitting the entire party for ~3000 damage a round sure seems fair. So-called "final" boss Tamamo is insanely easier compared to that crap.

Incidentally, what's going on with Ea? Last time I checked it's supposed to be super-effective against Servants, but as far as I can tell it's just doing normal damage against them in this event.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I've only had it doing ~24k damage to most of them with a number of buffs active. And it's coming off a lvl 80. For comparison, that's just slightly higher than my own Medusa's Bellerophon, and well below what the (also lvl 80) Attila on my list puts out. I could have sworn I've had it break 40-50k before, outside Servants in this event.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, as the event is winding down, I'm probably going to have enough materials to buy everything except additional copies of the CEs, which I don't really care about. I really don't give a crap about the debuff boost one, and I have better uses for the price of a 5* CE than boosting healing. The only one I did care about was the Halloween Princess CE, and since I STILL haven't had it drop even a single time despite doing a huge number of runs of the 30 AP free quest, I probably won't bother buying the last few ones in the store unless i end up with bats left over(I might, as I have an absolutely huge number of them - they'll be fueling most of my cupcake purchases).

Also, I managed to finish that final lvl 90 quest cleanly, with liberal help from a lvl 90 Jeanne, so pretty sure I'm done with the one-shot quests. gently caress dealing with all those Fafnirs. Oh, and that Chimera in the final quest very helpfully dropped a third Talon, so at least I can do the third ascension for my normal Liz.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 4, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Combine Jeanne, Medea(Lily) and a good damage dealing Servant of your choice. Proceed to never die. Ever.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, finished off Okeanos today, so decided to do a 40 quartz spin, along with three Summon Tickets. Sure was a great draw. :geno:

Well, at least I picked up Euryale.

Also, gently caress Jason - honestly, he's WORSE than Shinji.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Seriously, what is with the differing difficulties of all the interludes? Most of them are rated basically the same difficulty-wise, but in reality they vary between the idiocy of Boudica's interlude where the final boss has almost 1,000,000 hp, and Medusa's interlude, where even the final boss has less than 5k hp. And if you're not using a wiki, there's literally no way to tell which are just going to cost you large amounts of time/command seals, and which are basically just a free quartz.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Servants with support-type NPs being used as bosses are terrible in this game in general. Just look at them using that 200k+ hp Tamamo as the boss for the last two challenges in the Halloween event. She was pathetically easier than the stages(Assassin-Fafnir in the final Pumpkin iteration and the Servant gauntlet in the CL one) in front of her, because her NP is completely worthless for the enemy. The healing is small, enemies already have no cooldown on their skill-usage, and the NP charge boost helps the enemy far less than it does you due to differences in how the systems work. She herself does decent damage, but you've got the tools to mitigate the general damage from a single Servant so long as you didn't bring an Assassin. The most irritating thing she could do was spam her defense skill, which just makes the fight drag on forever.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Medea's another option if you feel like living dangerously, but you're right that the AI having no cooldown on invincibility/evasion skills, relying purely on the RNG as to whether or not you get hosed over, is complete bullshit.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Problem with Lancers is that quite a few of them use up rather large quantities of absurdly rare ascension items. Cu(Prototype) needs multiple Talons for just his second ascension, and Liz is worse. That's just what I remember off-hand.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Glad for the extension, given I'm currently away from what I use to play G/O and won't be back until late Saturday. The extra quartz is of course appreciated too. :D

In other news, here is what someone's first 10-roll for the event was, if you want to feel spectacularly jealous. Sadly not mine.

The new Saber is now the absolute best choice for single target damage, isn't she? Between the fact that her NP starts at 1200% damage and scales up to 2000%, ignores defense, and has a skill that boosts her Quick card damage I can't think of anyone that beats her. Am I missing someone?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...Wow, impressive. Two 10-rolls, and didn't get a single boosted chance Servant. Hell, just to rub it in, it gave me a Prototype Cu rather than the regular one.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

Fights w/ Servants that have buff/debuff NPs are the worst because the HP is jacked up dragging out the fight to ridiculous levels (see, Halloween event w/ Casko boss).

No, the Assassin ones really are the worst because their counter class, Caster, does not have a single Servant with a powerful damaging NP. All of them have either support or weak-to-middling ones, which means there's no real way to chunk huge portions of an Assassin's health other than just hoping you get chains. Hell, of the four gold Caster Servants only one has an NP that does damage at all and it's a relatively weak area one.

Casters can still beat them fine due to their myriad of support skills to mitigate damage, NPs, etc., but it means fights tend to drag like no other favorable class matchup.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eh, I ended up focusing my efforts regarding event materials in picking up the two non-Hiragumo GUDAOs first, so I've been managing to reach 330%. Missed the first few days of the event due to being out of town though, so only a bit above 315k currently. With only 6 point events left, I'm not terribly optimistic that I'll reach 1 million and thus the final card.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Baal posted:

I don't remember exactly how this works, but are pretty much all of the five-star servants that get boosts during events limited? Like am I still able to get Gilgamesh, Kintoki, or Okita from a random draw or is it only certain servants become possible to draw all the time now and others don't?

Kintoki and Gilgamesh were both listed as time-limited availability, so they're definitely not available at the moment (though presumably will be again sometime in the future), as was Orion. Tamamo no Mae was also only available for a limited time, though we already know when she'll be available again (when the next world unlocks). And obviously Halloween Liz and Oda were event Servants not available by standard means.

On the other hand, I do not recall anything stating Okita was time-limited, so she might still be available, if no longer at an increased draw rate. I very possibly could be wrong though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yeah, just checked the wiki, and Okita is indeed gone after this gatcha, at least for the foreseeable future. Scathach too, which really sucks since that draw was unannounced and released at the tail end of an actual event before people had recovered quartz stocks after spending it during the event. That latter issue is really aggravating, and I'm not particularly happy with the company - doubt many Japanese players are either.

On the flip side, I was also wrong about Orion, and apparently she's part of the normal gatcha.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, at least the Christmas rate-up gatcha is completely uninspiring, so I can freely save during it. The first 5* Assassin is the only really decent thing in it, and she's being released into the standard gatcha(possibly with another rate-up) when London drops.

Of course the 40-roll I just did gave me a Marie in this one, instead of any of the new Servants. :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

gently caress! Just noticed Saber Alter is a Rider. Was hoping to finally get a gold Saber that wasn't Siegfried.

I suppose Rider is fine too, but I already have multiple decent ones, if only one of the golds, as opposed to Sabers where I'm rather hurting.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Santa Alter feeling sorry for Nursery Rhyme and Jack and pretending to lose is one of the more :shobon: things ever.

Her presents for them were cute too.

As opposed to "gifting" our Archer trio with a special concert by Liz. :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Yessss. Drew Scathach on my seventh Summon Ticket - was starting to get annoyed after 5 of the preceding 6 had been 3* CEs, but all's forgiven. Now debating whether to blow my other seven, and possibly a 10 roll, in an attempt to get another copy.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 4, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...Huh. Decided to spend some more Summon Tickets tonight and managed to get a second copy of Scathach in three. Much as I'd love to try and max her NP out, I think I've stretched my luck enough for one day, and unlocking her NP bar up to 200% is a real prize in and of itself. As great as she is, I do need the rolls for other Servants too, after all.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I love how salty this game makes us all.

I think it happened to me, getting Mordred and Okita burned up my luck as I didn't get Scathach. :(

I figure tonight I'll try using my two summon tickets for Gil and then start saving up for the next big event.

Meanwhile, despite playing since almost the beginning(started about a week late) I still haven't been able to draw a single gold Saber aside from Siegfried, of whom I've drawn two. Just spent my remaining four tickets along with a 10 roll in an attempt to get Mordred, but the only draw of relevance was a Frankenstein. But singular ticket draws two days ago cheerfully gave me two Scathachs. Bringing my total of unique 5*s I've ever drawn up to 3(Tamamo, Waver, Scathach), and four total.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'd imagine Scathach and Okita would be rather high up there damage-wise as well given their base NP damage percentage combined with both possessing an up to +50% damage boost to their NP card type in their available skills. Scathach possessing ANOTHER damage boosting skill with the massive boost of up to +100% against enemies with one of two tags boosts her specifically even higher. Not sure what the highest damage someone has recorded in-game, but I know I've gotten ~250,000 damage off a max-level Scathach's NP on my friend list. And while there were likely other attack boosts involved(probably Liz's and the player skill), I'm also fairly certain said Servant was still at NP lvl. 1.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pretty sure it has been confirmed that the awarded Servant from this event is the actual 4* Saber Lily, as opposed to some weird new one. So yes, that list is probably fake. Besides, Ryogi as a 4* would indeed be dumb. :colbert:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm getting pushed that way too. Gee, thanks for four 3* Servants I already had and never use - hell, two of them were Lancers to add insult to injury considering this event, and another was the terrible Babbage, who I've never seen anyone use. And of the three 4* and three 3* CEs it gave me, it included the incredibly lovely Holy Shroud of Magdalene and Parted Sea. Gave me a whole one of the new CEs, and only the 3* one at that.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The real trick to beat the Ruler fight reasonably is to find someone with a max level & upgraded Servant such as Scathach or Okita that has Purely Bloom attached.

edit: Suppose you could try a high-level Berserker too, but I just find them too fragile for those sorts of gauntlets.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 22, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, my second 10-roll of the event nabbed me Nero, along with a Bridal Training and two more Trueshots. Given how horrid the first 10-roll was this doesn't quite make up for it, but picking up Nero and Tamamo's CE was pretty nice.

Eventwise, I'm just lazily making my way along. Overall I'm a bit shy of 250k Artorium at the moment, and have gotten through all stages except Super Dimension, which I'll probably be making an attempt at later.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, would have been easy if the RNG hadn't tried its very hardest to gently caress me over. Still managed to get it done without a continue. And by very hardest, I mean poo poo like Jack exclusively targeting the Okita that had just filled her NP bar and every single one of her attacks in that round being a crit, killing said Okita from like 7k health, and later on proceeding to give me 5 cards for my Caster over the course of ~30 cards(5 rounds+a card change).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

From what I've seen people talking about the 16"/50 caliber Mark 7 triple turret was a ranking reward last month, so people are guessing there will be an Iowa or two around spring or so.

Anyways, I'm starting to believe that claims that event bosses drop CEs is an elaborate lie. I've never had one drop from them in any event, and this one specifically I've done a fairly large amount of grinding, at least for me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eh, pretty easy skip for me. I've already got both Scathach and Liz, so another 4/5* Lancer really isn't needed, and it's not like the characters or designs really hold my interest either. More time to gather quartz and tickets for the next event.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

So what are all these 5 mana cube options in the 500 million DL section?

Limited edition CEs. They all do the same thing and have the same stats, but you can only pick one.

edit: They're all cutouts from this promotional image.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, burning through 8 Summon TIckets was... interesting. Didn't get anything good in the way of Servants, but did pick up one copy each of the two Rin/Sakura event CEs, so I guess I at least have good coin generation(and they're cute too). Probably use 40 rolls and anything else I've acquired when either Jeanne or Jack comes around. Jeanne's good overall, and I desperately need a decent Assassin. Jing Ke just does not cut it, even at max level.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, um, yeah. 228 Lancer coins(+4 Anything) in a single run. :psyduck:

I don't think too much grinding is going to be required for this event.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I actually ran into that on my last run. Managed to hang on and kill it though, and then finish the run cleanly, mainly because I was running a Scathach as support from my Friend List instead of yet another Saber. Both as backup against that sort of thing, and to rake in even more coins per run(she had a Street Choco-Maid CE equipped). Was running Nero and Siegfried for my other two frontline slots.

If you already have good Sabers(or whatever the counter-class is) at least consider grabbing something else from your friends list, to help mitigate situations like that. Admittedly, the Fafnir being the one shifted is worse than most other possibilities due to the hit everything attacks.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 12, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I 10-rolled and got no gold except the CE with the Tohsaka sisters in the kitchen :negative:

I somehow managed an even worse 10-roll. Also only a single gold, and it was a CE, except instead of an event one which actually has decent effects along with the event boost, it was a bloody Primeval Magic. No F/GO, a 4* CE that only boosts debuff resistance and does nothing else is not something I ever want to use.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...Wow, that is complete and utter bullshit. Make that two 10-rolls this event that have given me exactly one single 4* CE and not a single other gold card. 9 ticket rolls didn't turn up a single gold of any sort either.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It just will not stop giving me the "Stopped working" error in battles. I've moved to Memu, fixed the ludicrously slow framerate I initially had, and am pretty sure I've followed everything in the links. I guess I'll try doing a full install, but not really seeing how that's going to stop actual errors, rather than low framerate.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Been playing Extella. It's kind of amazing how much Cuchulainn's fortunes have improved now he's in the same game as another Lancer who actually deserves to get poo poo on constantly.

The wonders of having D-rank Luck instead of his normal E.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Waver? Who cares about Waver. Trying to attack Clock Tower with a bunch of Servants would probably get people like Zelretch and Aoko involved, simply due to just how absurd that event is, let alone the whoever the hell the mysterious Director (who's apparently always been the director of Clock Tower - and is over 2000 years old) is. Plus whatever weird poo poo they've got stored away in vaults. You'd also probably see lots of favors called in with other organizations.

But yeah, the likelihood of any assault on the Mage's Association is basically nil - especially since I think that's where a fair chunk of Chaldea's material support comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

People should probably actually play to the end of Tamamo's route before making your final determinations, because there are some rather pertinent reasons she's acting like she is, even beyond some of the relatively legitimate points being brought up.