Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Saber's fatal flaw is her utter failure at comprehending direct interpersonal relationships. Literally talking to anybody would have kept Camelot from imploding but she thought she had to bottle up everything to be the perfect king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Twib posted:

On the one hand that's true, but on the other she's basically just blue-haired Mash now.

Excuse me Mash is a kouhai while Ciel is a Senpai they're completely different. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

nrook posted:

I always figured The Once and Future King was canonical to Fate.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly using Le Morte d'Arthur as its base.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah that's a big Chekhov's Gun they make sure to set up.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Captain Baal posted:

Iirc Medea kills her own children in the original mythology after she owns Jason and the circumstances surrounding the killing of Medusa are a little different (Like idr if the King is brought up at all in her backstory in FSN, iirc Perseus specifically targets her because she doesn't have the divinity her sisters do), but this is not the first time they've been written sympathetically at all.

Actually Medea killing her children doesn't happen in every telling of her tale. It just so happens that the play written by Euripides in which she does so is famous one.

And even that is kind of also meant to double as "Sparing them from a Fate Worse Than Death" thing because once Jason divorces Medea her children are no longer Greek citizens and will be sold into slavery.

Just Andi Now posted:

Medusa in Fate is a little odd. In Metamorphosis, she was normal human priestess who was assaulted by Poseidon in Athena's temple, who was later cursed by Athena for this "transgression". But Fate uses a different version, where Medusa was one of three sisters who were explicitly not human to begin with and were cursed because of their beauty, which seems to be an amalgamation of different myths.

Fun fact one older academic theory is that the the Perseus vs Medusa myth is a mythological retelling of a older Greek civilization defeating a different civilization. That does line up a bit with the Fate version of the Gorgons.

Acerbatus posted:

Has TM ever established if in it's setting the christian God is just another god like there's dozens of running around as servants already, or is he somehow different?

About the only thing He's been mentioned to do in the story is in FGO where He ordered Solomon to hide away one of his seven rings. Which does directly lead to Goetia being defeated.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nasu seems to have put God at a similar level of power as Buddha, that is to say so powerful that their direct interference would basically solve the series problems so he just doesn't have them be involved. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nyaa posted:

Umineko’s first chapter is all about introducing 10+ supposively uninteresting/bland characters. It’s the most boring intro chapter I ever read in VN.

The good part only starts around chapter 3, so it’s quite a long slob to power through. I can’t say the pay off is worth the grind, but you might as a avid fan of mystery genre.

Like are you talking about like the first chapter of Episode 1 or Episode 1 in it's entirety.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

YggdrasilTM posted:

I was talking about the whole Episodi 1

Then I don't know what to tell you because the "Good part" starts party way into Episode 1.

Nyaa posted:

I can't recall exactly, it's been so long ago. I think chapter 3 of Episode 1 should be where the boring character introduction are done and things start moving along. :thunk:

Episode three is where the real payoff begins imo.

Episode 2 is fantastic though and has some of the best scenes in Umineko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:hmmyes: