Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How are the Heaven's Feel movies going to work? Will they spend the first 40 minutes rehashing the common route events with "Shirou sees Zouken" thrown in? Because this thing is gonna take like three movies to go through.

Then again, this is the industry that released two Madoka movies that were literally just the series, re-animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
You see, the player gets the dumb RPG Status Screen because that's what you, the player, would see. Because you play video games.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
In the VN, Saber just says that it would be unfair for a servant to enter the church. Saber seems pretty surprised herself when she first sees Kotomine.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What are the replacement scenes in Heaven's Feel? I only know about the ones in Fate and UBW. And Heaven's Feel's H-scenes actually have some sort of warped purpose to them, character-wise (if I remember correctly).

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
It was mentioned in the main UBW thread, but they're adding a lot of new scenes will Illya. I guess she's more popular because of Prism Illya? It's too bad that UBW is the route where she bites it, though. iirc, Saber doesn't get a ton of closure either. UBW really is Shirou's show.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Does HF getting the movie treatment mean that it'll have a bigger budget? Because by necessity it's gonna be like four movies.

Maybe then can even get Rin's face right.

e: Due to budget cuts, every film will be animated with the Tiger Dojo caricatures.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I have no knowledge of Kara no Kyoukai other than that the main character wears a cool jacket and is also named Shiki for some reason. I decided to take a look at the first movie, and - am I supposed to have even the faintest clue who anybody is or what's going on? Because 20 minutes in and I really, really don't. Was I supposed to read something beforehand or start at movie 4 or some other weird condition?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

jellycat posted:

I am trying very desperately to imagine Kiritsugu attending a parent-teacher conference.

Hey, Kiritsugu calmed down enough at the end of his life to have Taiga over on the regular and die smiling.
In other F/HA news, I got a scene where Saber yelled "I refuse to wear any underwear not picked out by Shirou!", these scenes can be even weirder than the Kagetsu Tohya ones.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I believe Seorin italicized the days which are different in Realta Nua, and posted those version instead.
e: oh apparently he just lied or something

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 21, 2014

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
A lot of people like Kiritsugu because he's a guy who shoots things, pew pew. 7 episodes in and Shirou hasn't shot anybody or blown up any buildings, ergo, he's boring. At least, that's what some people say.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
That reminds me, did Diarmuid cursing the grail actually mean anything? Because it was pretty cursed at that point anyway.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I wonder how long it'll take to rip the voices and throw them into the PC version.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Someone remind me, how big of a spoiler is Dark Sakura? I'd love to show the first segment of Carnival Phantasm to my friends someday, but the very first eyecatch is a fullscreen shot of her, and I don't want to wait until the HF movie comes out.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I know it's a fandisk, but I'm really surprised at Hollow Ataraxia's willingness to show the characters drinking alcohol, to say nothing of Rin driving around that convertible with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. Jojo's laid a huge black censor bar when Jotaro smoked, and that was plot related.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
If half as much effort is put into it as was put into the Berserker fight, it'll be the next best thing to UBW itself.

Here's a thought I had: How many masters/servants have there been with actual wishes for the Holy Grail? Everyone (Archer, Rin, Shirou, Rider, Sakura, Caster) thinks they're cool by saying "I'm in it to win it" or "I just want it for the sake of having the grail" or "Whatevs lol" but as far as I know, the only people who came into this thing with a plan were Kiritsugu and Tokiomi.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Raenir Salazar posted:

Okay well that's weird. I got to the scene where Saber and Rin are rummaging around Shirou's shed and Rin seems to have noticed Shirou's specialization might be projection instead; but I don't see/remember how at all Rin would've came to that conclusion. Does Shirou mention leaving some of his hollow projections lying around anywhere?

Yeah, in the VN Shirou describes the shed as having a ton of failed projections lying around. At the very least, when he messes one up earlier he just tosses in to the side.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Just asking for clarification: When Shirou and Kiritsugu have their little chat on the veranda about being heroes, Kiritsugu just fuckin' dies right there, right? That's what it sounded like from the visual novel, but no animated form has ever really made that clear.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I appreciate the info. It's interesting seeing how Nasu interprets legends.

When does this start airing again? The only show I'm watching this season is Jojo's.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I think I'll watch some Carnival Phantasm in preparation for next week's episode. Illya may be a creepy murderous weirdo, but I'm in no hurry to see Gil tear her heart out of her chest.

For such a weird route, Heaven's Feel ends awfully happily, doesn't it?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Well, I thought that was implied.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'll have to google how to play hanafuda but I don't want to

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The game was translated pretty recently, so not yet. To be honest, I don't see it happening.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The Avalon thing always sat weird with me. You're required to play the game in the order of Fate -> UBW -> Heaven's Feel, and Saber is more and more marginalized every route. By HF, Shirou's certainly not interested in dating her, and I've forgotten her purpose as anything other than "girl with sword". And that's when they bust out the *bonus true happy ending*?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Angra Mainyu only showed up in the third war. The first and second wars would've worked but I think they both ended in draws where everyone died and the grail was never filled.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The movie looked amazing but they cut out nearly all the comedy scenes with Illya and Rin. Probably for the best to focus on the romance though, and they had to make room for a cumulative 10 minutes of Sakura looking blushy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Is it any good for somebody who hasn't played Fate:GO? Or too in-jokey