Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Not very likely and even if it does it will be like half a grand

Why is that so anyway? Amazon.com tells me that the Kara no Kyoukai box set is 750$, while I bought mine for 120€ on amazon.de. Thats not even remotely close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I hate to break the Grand Order chain, but lets talk Kara no Kyoukai:

How can I get more like that? Am I doomed because TM/Ufotable is just a unique combination? I know poo poo-all about anime, I watched the type-moon care package with UBW/Fate-Zero/KnK, Attack on Titan, Miyazaki-stuff, FLCL and read Dragonball. So I have pretty much no idea whats out there, help me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Might as well take it to the anime rec thread and point out what specific portions of the things you liked were. For example, from the Miyazaki bit I'd probably wind up saying "Oh, you might like Mamoru Hosoda's films".

If you're OK with not-anime you could always give the FSN VN a whirl so that you can tackle Heaven's Feel because it's starting to look like that movie is not going to be happening any time soon.

True, but if even Baal didn't know KnK when he wrote the op, I figured everyone would just look at me strangely when I say "Something like KnK" in the rec thread.
The other stuff is just the stuff I've seen, no relation to what I'm looking for.

Compendium posted:

Have you watched normie-tier anime One Punch-Man yet

No, but I will. I just want some eye-candy mystery with cool music that takes itself entirely to serious first. Philosophical discussions optional.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

I still need to watch Knk, sorry everyone

The only person you have to apologize to is yourself. (And me, you can't recommend me anything like that)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Alright, I downloaded this. Get ready for my GO shitposts.

So, I'm a giant sperg and now somehow have a fresh account with Mordred and one with Francis Drake. I think I like Mordred more, but I heard that Drake is the god-queen of gacha games or something?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just burned a bunch of 3-star stuff to get enough Mana Prisms for a Summon Ticket and somehow got 12 million QP. Not that I'm complaining, I had 300k before, but still, that seems strange?

Also did the Scathach summon and pulled her (yay) and a Kaleidoscope essence. I need a billion more levels before I can think about equipping craft essences (can't even use Scathach right now), but it looks quite strong.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there a reason to focus on the story right now unless I want Medea Lily or Saber Rider? I'm just playing around with Chaldea quests, trying to make my team bigger and buffer, although my low-level stamina really isn't agreeing with that playstyle

Also, what do I do with 3-star essences and servants? I have my team mostly set up, do I want a full team of every class too? Or do I just burn those motherfuckers for more Summoning Tickets?

Nyaa posted:

Naturally, the voice actors of Arjuna & Mashu rolled it fair and square to get us the 12 mil,12 quartz, some Summoning ticket and 4 Golden Apples today.

:3:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kyte posted:

Events have been asking for specific servants lately for event drop bonuses, and you'll probably want one or two of each class and both AoE and single-target NPs for various situations. Personally I just keep one of everyone and burn the dupes once they reach NP5 because eventually I ascend them and do their interludes for the free quartz.
Plus they've been adding NP upgrades that significantly improve servants.

Let's see...
Euryale & Ushiwakamaru with upgraded NP are near the top of the damage chart.
Caesar has no upgrade but he's ok if you need a Saber, plus fairly good skills. If he ever gets an NP upgrade he should become p great.
Hassan & Cu're pretty good thanks to Protection from Wind/Arrows (Hassan's still excellent for generating stars if you don't have Gil, Jack or Okita). Proto Cu is a bit worse because his skills are not as good and has a bit less attack.
Jekyll with maxed+upgraded NP can turn into a 3* Berserker with 5* tier HP
Medusa and Alex both have stuns (Alex's only works on humanoids including servants but Servants are the hard enemies so eh))
Lu Bu & Darius as Berserkers are really fragile but their NPs are fine, give'em a NP CE
David can give everyone Dodge
Robin Hood has powerful damage because of a quirk of his NP (debuff before NPing)
Arash is funny to use as a suicide bomber
Medea has Rule Breaker to clear debuffs and can spam it
Andersen has good and frequent buffs

Pretty sure I already burned everyone on that list besides Alexander and Cu're (who I can't find?) :downs:
I'll keep everyone from now on, definitely have to upgrade my inventory size though, since I'm so stacked with Xp cards for classes I don't have right now. So far I've been only keeping my 5-stars and my F/SN servants, burned everything else into Summoning tickets for Scathach. Its a bit dumb in hindsight, but since I actually got her I can't really complain.

Hassan is available through Friend summon, right?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Meanwhile, despite playing since almost the beginning(started about a week late) I still haven't been able to draw a single gold Saber aside from Siegfried, of whom I've drawn two. Just spent my remaining four tickets along with a 10 roll in an attempt to get Mordred, but the only draw of relevance was a Frankenstein. But singular ticket draws two days ago cheerfully gave me two Scathachs. Bringing my total of unique 5*s I've ever drawn up to 3(Tamamo, Waver, Scathach), and four total.

Meanwhile I've 2 5* Sabers :shobon:

I've been abusing the hell out of a lvl90 friend Okita and is every 5* like that or is she just broken? Her Quick cards produce stars like crazy (and for some reason also fill my NP bar), Arts + 2 Quick brave chain basically fills my NP bar from 0 to 100 and she casually critted a berserker for 50000 during a normal buster chain.

Also can someone tell me whats in the 160 Mana Prism bag? I bought the 16 Prism bag yesterday and it had some pretty cool stuff (8 stat cards, 2 gold tickets and 20000 friend points) in there, is it the same in bigger?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can you number wizards tell me if I should use a Brave Chain with 1 or 2 buster cards or a Buster Chain if I want pure damage? Without stuff like Mad Enhancement

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't want to believe, it would mean Shiki would only be a 4-star :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Whats happening on the lvl90 event stage? I'm an idiot, so I wasted my command spells on Scathach and I don't want to go in there blind.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can beat Jeanne, probably easier now that I've figured out how to edit my party ordering and now have the CE's; it's just takes 40 minutes. :v:

My lvl90 friend Scathach literally oneshots her (and Tesla, no suprise there). So get a Scathach friend I suppose?

How good is Heroine X? I wanted to save my stones for another Okita gacha, but I'm stacked with Sabers already and her attacks/NP look pretty cool too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I finally did the lvl90 quest with only using my command seals and I was pretty happy about it (it was close).
Just watched a video where someone does that poo poo with a solo lvl80 Nero, I'm loving bad at this game. :eng99:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

My 3 5-stars have sucked literally every bit of luck out of me, I haven't pulled a single 4-star so far. Since I started around new year I don't even have Caster Elisabeth or Santa Alter, I just want a gold servant thats not a saber.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I hope you all regret it for the valentine event in three days :qqsay:

What are the chances its going to be a 5-star Saberface? What are the chances it's also a saber?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Now I have to watch KnK... again.

Not that I need an excuse, it's amazing

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Is Ryogi available yet if so how do I get her

Only if you've watched KnK before. And don't try to cheat, the game knows

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

We're too busy grinding levels to keep Shiki Ryougi as our Servant, we'll be back in full force

63/98, slowly going insane.

Baal posted:

I did the impossible I watched the first KnK movie

It was alright

I hate you

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A bunch of missions also throw apples at you, its not like you actually lose them.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I had Scathach procc a few times against Jeanne while farming ahoges during Saber Wars. Not that it mattered, she did well over 200k damage anyway with her NP.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

So to keep Assassin Shiki after the event all I have to do is clear room 504, right? Because I really don't think I'm gonna be able to finish all the quests.

Yes.

Try to finish all the rooms up to 604 though, so you get all the ascension materials for Shiki

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

97/100

Pretty happy with this, considering this account is only a week old. Gonna wrap up the last two missions tomorrow.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Meanwhile, I am at chapter 3 in France :downs: Maybe I should stop using all my Stamina for Xp/Ascension materials for a bit

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Remember when Shirou visited Saber's grave in UBW ending? Well...

I'm sorry, but the only ending I can remember is when Rin took Shirou and Saber on a world tour and everyone had fun forever :colbert:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At least we're due for a new Assassin. Haven't had one added to the gacha since London.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

30 rolls, best card was Lancelot

Then a last single pull, Gold saber! gently caress you Rama

I hate you Troika. I hate you from the bottom of my heart. I'm also definitely not jealous or anything

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So what is Assassin Emiya anyway? Shirou with Kiritsugu's magic crest?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I would actually be ok with this, as long as he gets sweet new animations and a Crane Wing NP

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Ok i read through the op. is there a watch guide for this poo poo? im confused what is in what universe and whats not.

Watch Fate/Zero followed by Unlimited Blade Works. Then (unrelated) watch Kara no Kyoukai. Everything else is crap

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I would watch paint dry, as long as its animated by ufotable

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Also apparently Assassin Emiya is Kiritsugu and I don't want him anymore

EDIT: lmao look at this fuckin dork

On one hand I want to hate your opinions for casually rolling Iskander, on the other hand you're clearly right

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Seems like we got 40 quartz today for all the maintenance stuff the last days

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This game has broken me, I'm actually afraid to roll

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I thought the maintenance immediately after the event start was to remove him from the gacha?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I really wish people would stop spreading that stupid rumor

And I wish Troika would stop rolling 5-stars. Some things are just not meant to be

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I also wish for you to roll Angra whatever, if that helps :shobon:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Thanks, i'm farming my rear end off as we speak. At least the extra FP CE is finally useful for something, because i've wanted Angry Mama ever since FGO loving launched and i'm going to freaking get him even if it kills me

Well, I just rerolled a fresh account (so I can finally have my 5-star), if you don't mind some gutter-tier friend on your list, I would gladly run with your FP-CE over and over :yayclod: 291,223,921

You get the 100 FP per run too, right?

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 28, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Your Tamamo is an absolute monster and I'm having so much fun with her

Crazy how much of a difference lvl 10 skills make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

And I wish Troika would stop rolling 5-stars. Some things are just not meant to be