Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

You know what?

Everything you can do, I can do better :smug:

besides taking screenshots

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

-Troika- posted:

I disagree, actually. Tamamo's skills are more selfish, but her NP heals, charges NP gauge, and most importantly, reduces skill CT by 1. And if you have a setup for it you can fire it off repeatedly in very short order.

While I like Tamamo much more than Waver, I think Waver's the best servant in the game right now. Tamamo is really limited to a big arts damage dealer (Tamamo + Gilgamesh for example would be so non-functional, it would almost be funny) or someone with really really strong, low cooldown skills, since her Fox Wedding is her only skill that does something. Waver fits everywhere, although he obviously likes arts or crit teams the most. He still charges everyones NP and his NP is still a 30% def down, with chance to AoE stun.
Honestly, if you want her to function optimally, you probably have to pair her up with Waver, while Waver can just go where he wants, buff who he wants and always be super effective.

I can now go Orion/Waver + Freak Futanari's super-Tamamo and its going to be disgusting. Just give me some Fragments of 2030, please

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That was my effort post of the day, no listen to me drone endlessly about Troikas luck, how Kara no Kyoukai is the superior TM work (and the best anime in general) and spread rumors about the gacha.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

4-stars from limited events get added to the story pool, right? I have absolutely no use for Iskandar or any of the event ce's, but I want that Emiya after all

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I almost have 160 quartz again, which will wait until the next event or something I dunno. Now that I have a 4* Girl Caster I think my next goal is getting a gold Lancer. I'm tempted to use the normal gacha that has Liz but you never know what the next event brings right?

We haven't had a free 4-star Lancer so far, so I have some hope that we get one from the next event. I also hope we get Lancer Arthuria from the Camelot gacha

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

But we already have a Lancer Arturia. :v:

Actually, we have Lancer Arturia Alter :eng101:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, I thought Arturia walks on water?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So I have 2 FGO accounts and I'm not going to play both, so maybe someone here is interested in a lovely Gilgamesh account? Heard there are people who actually like the guy :shrug:

Account has only finished Fuyuki story, has no quartz, 32 apples and a decent bunch of CEs. Oh and the saber suit, if you care about that stuff.
I don't have PM, so just say something itt and I'll make you a transfer code.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

f9KHwMSzEQ PW: goons

Just gonna leave this here then.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Got my last Irisviel last night. There are still 3 missions I can do, but they don't seem important since I already got all the Ascension pieces. Should I even bother?

I think the last mission gives a crystallized lore, so yes, do bother.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

True. It is bad, but it could be Orion, or worse Jack

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

There are sooo many amazing 2/3-stars, pretty sure you can crush those events if you put some work into leveling skills (and max them out with fous)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Did you get your angry Avenger?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

GodofDiscord posted:

I think I broke my game guys. I used a 40 roll and got a third copy of Saint Martha, Astolfo and a bunch of Craft Essences, then I waste 7 summon tickets and get nothing... then I try one more 40 roll....

And THIS happens.

BlitzBlast posted:

What the gently caress.

Baal posted:

I'm not surprised anymore, someone got like loving 7 nightingales back when America came out

BlitzBlast posted:

What the gently caress.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Same. Waiting for Camelot or a Okita event personally :shobon:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Or any other saberface the game wants to throw at my poor self-control

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Namtab posted:

I approve of him breaking up the gatcha chat

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I managed to get a +50% drop and a +100% reward, am I able to take on the 2 BP? I have lvl 90 Mordred & Okita, level 80 Irisviel, and a bunch of level 90 supports.

Not sure who to put the +100% and +50% on.

I do the 2 BP one with a lvl50 Mashu, lvl40 David and a friend Jeanne Alter with the 100% CE. poo poo is easy as gently caress, never lost a servant. Just put it on your Okita, use Scathach/Jeanne Alter/Jack support with the CE and melt her.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ignore the hands, just burn her down. The hands vanish when she dies

And don't finish the first battle too quickly, try to get as much NP on your hard hitter as possible

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Just believe in the power of your supports. My highest servant is a lvl50 Mashu, followed by a 45 Hassan. I just stack my team with Taunt servants (Mashu is free, Leonidas and St George are two stars) + David (who is also free) and survive until Scathach can throw some retarded 800k damage spear into whateverhernamewas' face.

Heracles is pretty great. He's very durable for a Berserker thanks to his skills and has really good access to brave buster chains with his NP and card layout.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thats why you use taunt units :colbert:

I mean, the event is not particularly fun, with only having one fight and lovely droprate for the currency and no use for Golden Apples, but still

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm new to the Fate series. I finished Fate/Zero recently and am about halfway through Fate/Stay Night 2006 (Yeah I know, wrong order. Blame my friend.)

No spoilery details, can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether Saber/Artoria remembers the events from Fate/Zero? It seems like she doesn't.

Why are you watching the 2006 series instead of the actual good anime, UBW 2014?

Also, watch Kara no Kyoukai.

All of you

Especially Baal

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Yeah? Looking at this Kara no kyoukai box set on amazon, great price.

it's kind of like i have the choice to kill myself every day but i don't. yep, we all have choices

You always have the choice to be a dutch/german/french speaking person, which would make it much cheaper :smuggo:

Seriously, Aniplex or whoever takes care of that stuff across the pond has some serious pricing issues

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I wish this wasn't a fake screencap.

Who's the White-haired guy?

And do any of the Camelot guys besides Merlin actually know that Arturia's a woman?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After 120 Quartz, 33 Tickets and 8 or 9 Mordred CEs I'm still to dumb to take normal screenshots

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

He really doesn't want to read it though

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

They will A. gently caress it up royally (bind your accounts people!) and B. backpedal real quick after releasing it, because that poo poo can't be good for business

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

And no Proto-Arthur to be seen. More Arturias for me :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hear rumours of Artoria Lancer as a non Alter, and of course she'll likely be 5*.

I'm so drat happy I didn't spend any quartz on Scathach. I'm going to need them

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lets just hope Lancelot doesn't get the Siegfried treatment. I'm ok with more 3-star sabers, the current ones are poo poo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Gilles is actually one of the best Sabers in the game right now if you max out his Buster buff.

IIRC, the cooldown gets low enough he can basically permanently have it on.

He still has a lovely 6600 ATK and the buster ups aren't as good with his AABBQ + arts NP setup. His NP isn't that bad in a vacuum, but his NP gain is pretty bad and by the time he can use it any other servant would've probably just ended the fight with a dmg NP. Yes, he has Golden Rule, but that at 10 barely puts him above the other 2.
Compared to Fergus, who has a flat 30% ATK boost with the same uptime, a dodge, 4 buster cards and 800 ATK more he's just poo poo. Compared to Caesar he still has 800 less ATK while Caesar has good group support. And while Military Tactics isn't that good anyway, Caesar can at least use it himself, while Gilles' does literally nothing for him.

Basically Gilles does Caesars damage while having Fergus support.

Gilles best-case attack would be NP + B + B + brave chain attack.

Thats 180x2x1.52 + 210x2x1.52 + 200x2 = 547 + 638 + 400 = 1585% dmg
Fergus is 600x1.3 + 180x1.7x1.3 + 210x1.7x1.3 + 375x1.2x1.3 = 780 + 397 + 464 + 585 = 2226% dmg.

Thats before factoring in Fergus higher base attack or his defense reducing NP or that Fergus best-case is easier to get with more buster cards or that Fergus doesn't have to half his own defense for all that.

:spergin: out

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jul 8, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Why is this event first, I was hoping I would have Camelot within the week, but nope.

More quartz and tickets to throw at the Camelot gacha :getin:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Random apk update in the dead of night? Did they react real-time to the emu hack?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Blitzed through the main event missions, used my summon tickets and got Ibaraki + Jack. That's a pretty neat welcome gift.

FTFM :smuggo:

I sure hope they release Camelot soon, I'm so bad at not rolling

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Well, Arturia Lancer looks pretty lovely, so I can save all my quartz for the anniversary sale I guess?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rider Mordred with Arts NP :toot:

Now I just need an Arts/Quick based Archer Arturia and I have everything I ever wanted.

Besides Okita, I want Okita :(

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 8, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually Artoria and all her clones are quite good.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Guess I have a NP 5 Arthuria Archer now. Highlights include a Martha/Arthuria/Marie/Marie directly followed by a Arthuria/Mordred/Arthuria roll :smuggo:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At least she's not half-naked and/or 10-year old, which puts her leagues ahead of quite a few designs in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just recently started a new account, since my old one was getting a bit stale. Turns out farming is hard if you only have lovely lvl30 servants. Maybe someone here still has a few spots on his friend list open? Preferably with Santa Alter and the event CE, but at this point I take anything with a NP.