Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

My intention was to reread Fate with the new patch in the intervening months between UBW's cours and I don't think I can do it. I'm putting in maybe an hour a week and it's painful because that route's beginning is nothing but exposition and Shirou being afraid of Saber's cooties. I'm certain it was fine when I had only a passing knowledge of the premise (so like 8 years ago when the first Fate patch came out?) but now it's just nothing but work. I like FSN a whole lot but I think I just have to acknowledge that it doesn't have the replayability of say Steins;Gate which I was more than happy to replay once it came out officially in English.
Wait, the Steins;Gate VN got licenced?
My wallet... :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kellanved posted:

Kara no Kyokai was the first thing I saw of this franchise and it's still my favorite, just wish it was part of the main continuity. Disjointed, interesting characters, crazy setting and noirish - I'm a sucker for this stuff. Then I played Fate, and it was ok although Shiro gets repetitive after a while. Watched Tsukihime :psypop: , then played it. Ryougi Shiki best Shiki. So now I'm thinking of watching the UBW adaptation - is it any good? Fate/Zero was nice enough, but knowing how everything ends made it a bit boring.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Older means better in Nasuland
That's normal for all anime, just like how prototypes are always vastly superior to the mass-produced versions when it comes to mecha/weapons etc.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Compendium posted:

Yer a wanker, Shinji.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure the gacha is not divided by class.

It's not, but if you see an Avenger card at the moment it's going to be Jeanne Alter, so no getting spooked like other limited gachas.
Rainbow orbs. Saber card. Atilla :downs:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

wet your whistlers mother posted:

When did I turn around on DW? I used to get really bored with events quickly and get tired of their loving Quartz costs for poo poo, but the game is so good now and this new event actually is the most the game has ever done to make you engage in its mechanics and servants strengths and it is fun even if it can get frustrating and now I'm excited for another Halloween event.

DW are learning
Let's hope they keep this up, instead of giving us more 'raid' events. It just doesn't work in this type of game. More hardmode stuff is welcome, gives the veteran players a challenge, although tbh I did not see myself being able to beat the pre-nerf Nero fight. gently caress that

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

wet your whistlers mother posted:

I already did that. I'm on the finale and my issue is I can't get Nero alone and I have no command seals so I basically have 1 Kintoki NP since my support slot has to go to a Medea or Tristan to debuff Ozymandias and then another berserker to pick off leftovers like Amakusa or Medea, but it doesn't matter because one of those two will have NP to make up for the difference and by the point I could get Nero alone she'd just kill Emiya at some point and get NP in two turns and waste whatever team I had.

This is pretty much hopeless for me. I don't have the command seals or the extra servants to do this. I should've had a levelled up Medea ready for any scenario since her NP is stupid good, but i don't and this teaches me I need to level up my loving servants between events.

If you're using Kintoki, you shouldn't need Rule Breaker for Ozy; his NP ignores defense. Gives you another slot to play around with at least.
I did it with Tama/Vlad/Stheno front row, with Mahu/Kintoki and Raikou on standby. Having 3 ways to lower NP gauge was nice, and let me stall out Lanceturia Alter's NP enough to kill JTR, Amakusa and Ozy

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

One more grail and I'll get Serenity to level 100. :toot:

Also god drat, the 2015 redux event was easy as poo poo. I laughed when the dialogue shilled Vlad as a tough fight because he went down like a chump.

Crazy how much the game has changed.

We didn't really have the mats to get multiple 10/10/10 servants.
I'm loving how easy it is to farm the drops this time around, since everyone still has the maxed CEs from last year

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Could always hold out hope that they do a Cygames move and add an English language option like Granblue, but given China has its' own FGO servers (which are very far behind) it's incredibly unlikely.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I think we can all agree that it's better the Danganronpa man does servant art than... whoever was responsible for Nightingale

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Wuxi posted:

At least she's not half-naked and/or 10-year old, which puts her leagues ahead of quite a few designs in this game

Jack the Stripper is a very questionable design for any series

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

...and despite her bland art, people are still excited to roll for Cleo because she's voiced by TsundeRie

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

She might be the first 5 stars AOE NP assasin if anyone care. Most assasin are single np.

Shuten Douji says hi
She'll drink sake from your skull for forgetting about her

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Following on with what Twib said, here's a link with some more detailed servant numbers and stuff about each servant, how NP/overcharge level affects their NP and list of skill-up materials etc.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

I can't wait to not roll Tamamo, again.

Now that sounds like a mistake.
How could you not roll for the fluffiest servant?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

I rolled her, grailed her up to level 100, got all her skills to 10 and maxed her Fou boosts

And now i'm depressed she's just NP1.

Now this is some dedication!

TamaLancer is fine though, it's not too hard to play around her drawbacks (using the charm when the target NP gauge is full, using the crit buffs when you've got a brave chain), and having an attack buff with an extra effect is still pretty good. Plus the animation for her NP is great

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

One day I'll get you, Angra.
One day :argh:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

As an Orion owner, i will NOT allow anyone to say bad things about Orion. She loving eats male servants like candy and she has VERY big boobs!

I have NP2 TamaLancer for that though
Despite the poo poo people give her over the drawbacks it's really easy to play around (charm when they've already got a full bar, don't use 3rd skill unless you've got a brave chain without her NP).

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Liz just can't handle Tamamo being cuter and fluffier than her :colbert:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

'tis the season to be giving, so I cleared a few spots on my list for some goons to add me

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

They ended the event a day earlier than usual and I missed half the shop. :downsgun:

It could be worse. I was lazy and preoccupied during summer part 2 and didn't trade in the gae bulg I got on the last day. Missed out on Scatsassin since the first exchange requires the temporary one, and makes her permanent :sigh:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Call me when Sakura comes out.

Does this count?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Start using Waver and marvel at how amazing it is to hit max NP with just his attack and defense buffs.

This is how I farm QP dailies.
Zerkalot and Raikou with K-scopes, and a friend Waver to top up the last 20% for each. Lance NP turn 1, crit down wave 2 and Raikou NP wave 3, without getting screwed on command cards it's usually an easy 3-turn clear

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Droprate for these stockings is horrendous. I hope they patch it, or give us another quest which nets more than 10 a run (with 3 shop CEs)

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

More importantly, you can use Jacks with their unascended art.

This but with Tamamo
Her last sprite looks weird, but the first two are fine

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Honestly makes it interesting that the whole lot of them are in the second slot when third is reserved for support servants.

Reserved for support servants by default, you can change it in the party screen (for some teams I move support to one of the back rows so I can have 3 of my own servants in front row.

BlitzBlast posted:

Must be tough having such awful taste!!!

Face it, the animations just look weird when she's awkwardly flailing around in a full shrine outfit :colbert:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 8, 2016

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

30 quartz for everyone? Sweet, that's like 10 mana prisms right there

More like 14, since we're guaranteed a 3* servant and a gold card craft essence

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just had Angra basically solo the fight with 6 Berserker Ushiwakamarus because his Kairi CE just kept reviving him. Something like 6 or 7 times in a row.

He's my bro forever now. You and me Angra, we're going to the top.

I love that dumb CE so much. Throwing it on Raikou was what carried me through the Gil fight in the Nero event.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, but Waver was originally super poo poo before his buff. Though Gil is still considered good I think and he was early.

People in this game really don't appreciate party-wide damage buffs. Almost everyone thinks Charisma is a wasted skill slot, look at how far Drake has fallen in popularity... hell, people thought Waver was complete garbage until his double attack buff also gave 10% NP gauge.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

You weren't wrong about that last fight. He seems to be immune (or at least highly resistant) to charm as well; TamaLancer can't even land charm on him.
On the plus side, I did have him ticking away for about 8k curse damage a turn at one point :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm looking forward to an adaptation of Notes, coming 2034

Same, but with the Tsukimike VN remake that was announced nearly a decade ago

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't know how to beat Goetia. :(

I could grab friend Shouten to skill seal but I don't have anyone for party wide invincibility/dodge.

I can sacrifice my front line, and then grab Waver or Merlin; but Goetia was hitting my poo poo in for 7k each turn I'm not sure how to stall long enough to actually deal damage and none of my Servants are above bond level 7.

Another viable option is Waver with Iri+any 50% starting NP CE so you can give the party Guts turn 1 and keep a front row. The rest of the NPs don't hit too hard, at least.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I don't think berserker art team is very viable unless you pair them with art healer?

Vlad+Tamamo+Waver is great and a lot of fun. It's also quite easy to drop his NP 2 turns in a row under Fox Wedding and Waver buffs, which hits pretty hard (and generates a ton of stars).
If you prefer offense over defense, swapping Waver out for another Arts attacker (Nero Bride is probably the best choice, but Surfer Mordred is my personal go-to since I haven't got the former) to kill stuff a lot quicker, and you'll have someone that's not a caster to be using those stars that Vlad generates with his NP.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Not quite as lucky as these double rolls you've all been getting, but Caster gacha gave me Sanzou (woulda preferred Waver but it's better than a Tamamo dupe I guess), and managed to roll Musashi with the leftover quartz.
From initial testing, she's pretty drat good and the double hitcount makes for some BS NP gain for a turn which makes for a very neat skill. Really dig the triple buster deck

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Ah but who cares, I'm hype as hell for Apocrypha animated and mah girl Mordred.

You broke rule number 1 of dealing with Mordred; surely you know better than this :colbert:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

FGO is a waifu/husbando collection and farming simulator

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Hey, hey, it's all good, I'm not overly praising her, just saying I'm looking forward to seeing her and Kairi kick rear end. Nothin' wrong with appreciating a good fight.

Whoops, forgot that one. Rule number 2 is what I meant (about treating Mordred like a woman). She gets right-pissed at Kairi for even mentioning her gender, after all.
It can't happen soon enough

Pretty sure friend codes are fine in this thread, can't go wrong with having more good servants to borrow.
650 720 124 is mine

Primordial Languo is holding me back from getting the first skill maxed on Musashi, why does she need so many of it :argh:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

Why did you max Kuro's projection first?

I use her more for the NP burst than a sustained crit hitter (That's JAlter's job, after all). I personally don't like things like crit damage being tied to a defensive skill; it's good, but not quite good enough to blow an evade cooldown just because I have a few Kuro cards and a lot of stars for the turn. Not-prana burst being on a defensive skill isn't so bad though, since you'll be using it the turn they NP and that will get the enemy's attention.

InfinityComplex posted:

If we're dropping friend codes again, here's mine.

855 769 817

I switch between Martha and Jeanne on my wildcard, Musashi and Okita for sabers, and Cleopatra and Jack on assassins sometimes.

At some point I should finally max my crew but meh.

Dumplings CE on Musashi? I'm guessing this is left over from swapping her out with Okita, but it's not much use when she only has 1 quick card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Could be worse; hearts have about a 5% droprate and the 40ap caster daily is the only place to get it (An uncommon drop from an uncommon mob is the worst)