Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Man, that really sucks to hear. :(

I mean, she looks cool / has some cool attack animations, but the actual fights with her are so easy. I kept expecting some massive AoE NP from her, but she just has a dinky little healing / buffing NP that doesn't even have a neat animation attached to her. They handled her very strangely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
They should rework Lily's animations. OG and Alter Saber have already gotten a reworking, so it just feels mean to leave her out in the cold like that, even if she's not a terribly widely-used Servant.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, unless you want to go all super wacky time like CCC, there's really not much more that could be done in the EXTRA series at this point. I wish we knew a little more about it, other than it exists in some form, but the odds of it being pretty heavily related to Grand Order I think are pretty drat good.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Archer is extremely Archer if slightly nicer presumably because he doesn't have a Shirou to gently caress with.

That's basically his whole shtick in the EXTRA series. Without a Shirou around, he's just a nameless Heroic Spirit who does what he does best, bail people out of trouble with a smirk. He's much more casual when his alter ego isn't around.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The Deen anime has some minor value to the canon, I'd still never recommend anyone watch it outside of maybe youtubing a couple scenes but its not as worthless or obsolete as people like to say it is.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I think part of it is his financial success has allowed him to indulge a lot more, and discuss more non-traditional gender identity / sexual orientations that he has more interest in. He was talked into Shirou by Takeuchi saying a male protagonist would be more marketable, but now that he has hit the big time, he has a lot more room to talk about what he wants as a writer. I don't think it's a coincidence he's gradually become less attached to the standard male protagonist, between Grand Order and the EXTRA series.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I mean Go and Extra do feature male player characters, the adaptations even favor them to my count?

mind, that hasn't stopped the community from doing everything possible to unperson them, including just making dude versions of Gudako, which is really goddamn funny

Well, "less attached" in that you can choose to have a female protagonist, rather than a dude being mandatory, and there's virtually no change in how female / male Servants interact with the protagonist.

And when it comes to adaptations, I prefer to think of the protagonist of either the EXTRA anime or First Order instead be "Insert your protagonist here", since that's how it should be.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Kyte posted:

Either way that's way too minor a point to really matter. Even the part 1.5 trailers have been 1 Gudako 1 Gudao.

But Gudako's trailer was her in a suit, so that's gotta count for way more than whatever outfit Gudao was wearing in the Agartha trailer.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, would Perseus even respond to a summons for the HGW? Since the dude got his happily ever after, is there even anything he'd want to wish for? Or would he just be like, "Nah thanks fam, I'm cool just chillin' out here in the Throne of Heroes"?

Well, there are many Servants who have no particular desire for the Grail. I guess if the summoner / catalyst were strong enough, you could summon near any Servant, regardless if they have any particular plans for the Grail, should they acquire it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The Grail also senses or something an eligible person's desires to see if they're worthy of it, which is how Kotomine ended up getting chosen. There's a number of factors going into how Masters are chosen (with special allowances for the three founding families, who always have representatives).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Justice for fem MCs

The justice for FeMCs is that they're always cuter, more visually interesting, and just overall much much better than their phony male counterparts.