Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Does the ending of UBW with Shirou and Rin living in London get followed up on in anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Bakanogami posted:

There is exactly one drama CD set post-UBW true end, in which Tohsaka buys a car and Waver helps teach her to drive.

Nasu has also made references to a Grail Disassembly War that takes place 10 years later, in which Rin and Waver team up to return to Fuyuki and destroy the greater grail in a battle on the same scale as a grail war. Maybe someday they'll decide to write about it instead of just giving mysterious references in interviews.

It's not quite the same, but you might also check out Lord El Melloi II Case Files. It's a series of mystery novels set in and around Clock Tower set just before the FSN grail war, following Waver and his students.

Thanks! I also found the UFOtable UBW anime has a 15 minute epilogue of them in England. I checked out the manga for the Lord El Melloi II Case Files and it was an impenetrable wall of Nasu :words:, does that work any better in the novels? Or maybe the translation for the Manga was just not so good.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

I'm surprised Kamehameha hasn't already been added.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

I'm watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies at the moment and Shiki's boyfriend is a very bland young man.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, that is his whole theme. That and "very good at finding things"

I think there's bits of him that I do like, like his developing skills as a detective, and how good he is with people, and his role in Shiki's life. He just never seems to have a clear motivation in the OVAs which makes him feel very flat. We get told he's estranged from his parents after dropping out of university but not the reason why he did that, or why he chose to work for Shouko, or even what he likes about Shiki. Is he better in the novels?

It's fun to see these movies and see where things were developed into Tsukihime, too.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

The moon landing our dear rider, neil armstrong :patriot:

Neil Armstrong as a false Rider summoned by Caster Stanley Kubrick :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

I only just found out the first half of the Tsukihime remake came out, I had no idea it even had a release date. I guess all the info atm is just coming from people who can read Japanese who have played it, but is it an improvement on the original? I read the LP of the original probably a decade ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy on it, but I remember it being a mix of really good weird horror, and some very not-great 90s dating sim sexual politics.