Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Not much. At least nothing event specific are super good must-have to worry about it. You have a little advantage of rolling current event roll chance boosted servant via rerolling. Kinoki is a great berserker if you want to reroll for him.

Inventory slot is up to you, I would save it for rolling until you can get yourself at least three servants that's 4-5 stars. I still have mine at 65.

I'm not exactly clear on this rerolling thing. From what i've gathered it's just deleting the files and starting from scratch, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
One more question for the road: What does the stuff you can buy for mana prisms do and which ones are worth buying? I'm currently sitting on around a hundred.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Friend code's 728,344,136

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Has anyone even been subbing UBW's BDs? Farthest along that I could find was up to ep 12.

UTW announced they would be doing them "October-ish". Remember that the second cour (ep. 13-25) BDs have only been out for four days.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
What is that purple polyhedron thing you can buy in the store for 100 prisms? Also, is Boudica any good because between the normal draw, the quartz draw, and the reward for clearing Rome I got three of them in the span of 24 hours and I'm beginning to think the game is trying to tell me something.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I believe it is the item you use to upgrade a skill to level 10. In other words, you probably won't be using it for a really, really long time.

In case you're not aware, you can upgrade Boudica's NP by feeding her to herself in the Noble Phantasm menu option. She might be worth using in place of one of your existing 1*/2* servants until you get something better.

I'm just wondering if there's any point in feeding her exp cards. My three stars include Caster Cu, Lancer Cu, the aforementionned Boudica, Robin Hood, Mephistopheles and Kiyohime. Any of those worth leveling?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Are the ascension and skill upgrade materials for Saber in the mana prism section of the shop worth buying or should I save up for the next event?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Hahahaha, I've just used 7 out of my 10 summoning tickets, rolled (in that order) the four-star Bazett CE, Tamamo Cat and, on the seventh roll, Caster Tamamo. Looks like I've found the only chance-based game my luck's not absolutely poo poo at.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Had anyone here had the luck to draw the Petite Devil CE and has a high-damage servant to lend along with it to help farming pumpkins? The lvl 90 Attila I've been relying on changed his/her CE and I haven't been able to find a replacement thus far.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

-Troika- posted:

If you've been using a cheat APK or otherwise being abusive, now's the time to stop. Incoming ban wave :v:

Think that quitting the application and restarting it to reroll crits and enemy targeting counts as being abusive?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 29, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

So i just got my copy of TMA and redeemed my Beginning Of A Journey. I just cleaned up my friendlist, and if anyone wants to use a lv90 Castamamo w/ the +75 FP CE to plow through Okeanos, post your IDs so i can add you before i just fill my list back up with pubbies

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So what exactly is that lvl 90 quest? Haven't tried it yet.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Has anyone else's game been much more unstable since the patch? As in, "multiple crashes in a single fight" unstable?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

jellycat posted:

The new daily quests are coming out on the 18th. Ascension/skill material quests are being combined and there's going to be one for each class, one on each day of the week. Experience is going to be split between three classes all the time now; Lancer/Assassin/Berserker, Saber/Rider/Berserker, Archer/Caster/Berserker. That's going to rotate from Monday through Saturday, and Sunday is going to be the QP quest. Master experience and bond quests seem to be totally gone.
The Mana Prism clear reward for each quest is going to reset each week and now all the daily quests will have four difficulty levels.

Will the amount of prisms you get go up, or will the first two tiers remain absolutely useless? Also, the Master exp being gone really sucks, the 30 AP was really useful for getting AP refills in the mid-level range.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

1,2,3,4 from easy to super.

So doing lvl 30 exp card daily and burning the silvers remains the primary source of the prisms, got it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Oh god. I got to the end of Oceanus in FGO and the giant tentacle thing is back :gonk:

Yup. There went my three Command Spells, and even with that I barely cleared that mission. But then again, I made the harebrained mistake of focusing Medea first. Don't do that people, she actually makes the bloody thing weaker while she's alive.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

-Troika- posted:

I basically ignored Medea Lily until the thing that must not be was dead, because she sits there buffing and healing and not attacking 99% of the time.

What was your team?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Leaving healer alive is always a good idea because healing suck in this game.

Also because killing the healer will generally give whatever he or she was healing an additional strike per round. I think that's the design element I hate the most in the game. AOE Noble Phantasms can really screw you over if the big guy has low health adds.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

So I finished Fuyuki and saw the actual OP and uh

did Shielder stub her toe really hard or something

what was going on at the end there

Also I was all ready for Alter to be a ridiculously hard fight and then she just went down like a sack of bricks.

Alter's a pushover, the real challenge in Fuyuki is the last Free Quest.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Also at this point the game seems to be piggy backing off of absurdly strong friend servants to make it through what would otherwise be impossible fights. Truly the proper F/SN experience.

Sent you a friend request, lvl 80 Jeanne with Imaginary Number Magecraft. Terrible growth curve and leveling her is an absolute bitch, but at this point she can really carry your party. I finished the 40 AP Rider quest with her as the last one standing, just chaining Arts cards and NPing whenver she did. Now I just need to farm gems of all the loving classes to level her skills. Or at lest two of them because the NP weakening one doesn't seem that useful to me.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 18, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Today's maintenance will reduce dailies ' difficulty and increase drop rate. Honestly, DW have been really good at listening to complaints and fix most thing quickly.

Good, that 40AP Lancers/Assassins daily really kicked my rear end when I tried it.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

So does the bond level actually do anything?

As far as the practical effects go, it unlocks Servant Interludes. For some level one is enough, others, like Carmilla if memory serves, may even need level four. The other requirement is ascending them at least once.

Other than that, increasing bond level unlocks some fluff for the Servants but that's in Japanese, so...

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BurningDance posted:

^ That and you have her :argh:

I spent 5 tickets and 24 quartz today trying to get Waver so I can upgrade his NP but I ended up with a Formalcraft, a CE I really wanted a long time ago, and the 5* Shirou CE. My Arts team is set for life now with the addition of Formalcraft as an option :toot:. Now I can save quartz and tickets for Casko when she becomes available in the gacha again.

I blew 120 Quartz trying to pull Francis and only got Atalanta out of it. Well, her and Another Ending to be precise.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Schubalts posted:

The extra copies from the Honnouji points are meant to be used to upgrade the NP of the one you get just from doing the first few event quests.

You can never lose any cards you gain. Everything considered temporary only means that you can only get that card during the event.

You can get five Nobunagas for the points, which would make no sense if their only purpose was to upgrade the NP.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. Who else is having trouble accessing the game? How many times has the server gone down today?

It's back up again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm currently sitting at 650K and wondering if I should try to grind out the Crystalised Lore at 1.5M, or if I should switch to the non-point drops. Seeing as the last 1AP quest gave me 70K, the value seems to be going up and there are still at least 5 left, hitting the fifth Nobu seems all but guaranteed.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

If you're OK with not-anime you could always give the FSN VN a whirl so that you can tackle Heaven's Feel because it's starting to look like that movie is not going to be happening any time soon.

And it might also be a bit of a trainwreck, since they have apparently decided to animate the longest route in the game as a single movie for no adequately explored reason.

Coming back to the F/GO chat for a second, it it better to reset the box the moment you get the ticket, or to keep drawing until you get everything you want out of it?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

EzEight posted:

Which Saber should I focus on? Looking for firepower and survivability.
Nero
Saber Lily
D'leon

Nero's got the best stats and the strongest NP, Saber Lily has a better growth curve.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Okay, now I'm really confused. Can someone explain what exactly is going on with that guaranteed 5-star that got mentionned a couple of times?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Which gatcha is it? There are like 3 quartz ones available at once.

Schubalts posted:

8 Fou cards, 2 summon tickets, 20k FP.

Same here. I'm not sure what the 160 one is for.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Baal posted:

It seems like the apple store will not let me buy Quartz because my account I'm using is not the one I downloaded the game with, awesome. RIP my guaranteed Gil, now it's time to grind up 10 more quartz, try to pull him again and cry when I don't

I thought someone wrote that you can't get the limited servants from the guaranteed roll? I'm so loving confused about the whole thing atm.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Same, but whatever. In for a penny, in for a pound, I will get my loving Hero King.

Gil's nice, but I'll probably wait for Scathach. Mostly because i really need a gold Lancer, but also because Gil's NP is really, really terrible.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Arbite posted:

So let me see if I've got this:

There are four places for summoning atm.

#1 is the cash quartz 5* guarantee.

#2 is the event quartz with the chance for Gil/5* of the day.

#3 is the usual quartz summoning.

#4 is the usual friend summoning.

Am I right?

#3 Is the London campaign, with boosted rates for Mordred, Frankenstein, J&H, Paracelsus, Babbage and the new Craft Essences. Standard summoning is replaced by #1.

E:Also, it seems that it's not just the bought Quartz that allows you to draw the guaranteed 5-star, because I've had 36 yesterday and have 41 now, and I didn't buy any new quartz. That additional five was either earned from doing quests or from login reward.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 31, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Unless they changed it, when I looked at it, it had a counter for "paid quartz", which was at 0 because I haven't bought any.

e: No, it's still only for bought quartz. If you have none, it doesn't let you draw. It only asks if you want to go back, or go buy quartz.

All I know is that my "paid quartz" counter magically increased by 5 since yesterday...

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I caved man. I caved so hard and pulled out not only my wallet, but screwed up and had to buy the 25 Quartz twice because I didn't realize that the bonus quartz didn't count but....

Megatron voice: Yeeeesssssss.

But now how do I upgrade her Noble Phantasm. :negative:

e: Wow I really got my monies worth rolling for the story gacha right afterwards with my left overs:

:D

Wait, WHAT THE gently caress, YOU CAN GET OKITA OUT OF THE GUARANTEED 5-STAR ROLL?
Also, her NP is didgustingly good as it is, and się fills her bar ridiculously fast.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Don't you want your very own Orion

Is she really that terrible? Besides the art, I mean.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

So on January 7th EST there's a new gacha? Good thing I still got 40 quartz left over, maybe I can get another 40 saved up by then.

Nyaa posted:

Yes, that's the day where Gilgamesh, Sakata Kintoki, Karna, Arjuna, Scathach all get a rate up on the gacha. Could be jan 6th depend on where you live.

On the other hand, I'd recommend rolling on 5th Jan EST, for the highest Scathach probability. With the addition of Tesla and the upcoming Arjuna there will be a whole lot of gold Archers that can really gently caress you over as a boss of a high-level quest, and she's the best there is at dealing with them. And due to being limited she'll be pretty hard to get as a support.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 1, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Do the tickets work differently from Quartz or is it just like having 4x Quartz?

e: Also thanks Mr. Boat person on my friend's list whose Oda Nobunaga single handedly carried my team through today's 40 AP quest.

You can't do a 10-draw with tickets, that's the only difference.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Is there a reason to focus on the story right now unless I want Medea Lily or Saber Rider? I'm just playing around with Chaldea quests, trying to make my team bigger and buffer, although my low-level stamina really isn't agreeing with that playstyle

Also, what do I do with 3-star essences and servants? I have my team mostly set up, do I want a full team of every class too? Or do I just burn those motherfuckers for more Summoning Tickets?

The story quests for the first three chapters only cost half the AP until January 13, EST, so it's definitely a good idea to focus on those until you finish Okeanos. Also, clearing London unlocks Telsa as well as Lancer Artoria Alter. Not to mention that you get Quartz for completing quests.

As far as 3-and-lower-star Servants go, I'd suggest keeping them, maybe spending a few rocks to increase your inventory size. We've already had two events where specific servants increased the amount of event items dropped and there's no reason to think there isn't more on the way. It's also good to remember that even if you don't plan on ever using a servant it often still pays off to ascend them just to unlock their interlude for more free rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Meanwhile I've 2 5* Sabers :shobon:

I've been abusing the hell out of a lvl90 friend Okita and is every 5* like that or is she just broken? Her Quick cards produce stars like crazy (and for some reason also fill my NP bar), Arts + 2 Quick brave chain basically fills my NP bar from 0 to 100 and she casually critted a berserker for 50000 during a normal buster chain.

Also can someone tell me whats in the 160 Mana Prism bag? I bought the 16 Prism bag yesterday and it had some pretty cool stuff (8 stat cards, 2 gold tickets and 20000 friend points) in there, is it the same in bigger?

Okita's just crazy good and I'm salty as hell that I got Mordred from my guaranteed 5* roll and not her. Oh well, at least I managed to get Scathach in the end.