Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking/betting it's not so much that Nasu "dropped the ball" as much as it is that... y'know, it's a really loving long Visual Novel and he probably forgot at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Hollow Ataraxia the one where Lancer's real master shows up? Y'know, the lady with the badass "hitman" look.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
... is Hollow Ataraxia at least fun to read/play?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
All right, all right! I'll check out F/HA. I need to cool off after doing all 43 Routes in 3H to see if I want to do another Ashen Wolves run or what-have-you.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shyrka posted:

Also HA has fun minigames!

I spent a surprisingly long time getting super into that card game with the Einzbern maids.
Okay that sounds like fun!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I got sidetracked for a while by the Takeshi's Castle one
What? A Takeshi's Castle minigame? What the gently caress? :crossarms:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Pepper posted:

This is why I want Fate to do some take on Princess Kaguya because you just know there would be some high level glorious nonsense.

Stairmaster posted:

We'll only see the chaldea servant's theatrical rendition of it. Gilgamesh will be directing
The best dumb Princess Kaguya take already exists and Nasu would be a fool to attempt anything of that caliber.

A fool I tell you!

(Actually, I don't think I would mind seeing Nasu write a Princess Kaguya story; especially with how the 'verse plays fast and loose with the rules)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
(KnK spoilers! Do not read if you haven't watched the movies/read the novels!) Didn't Touko more or less achieve 3rd magic in spirit, if not in letter already? I mean, doesn't Cornelius freak the gently caress out at the thought that Touko has become effectively immortal and that she cannot be killed by any conventional means or that individuality is kinda like "meh" to her? Can even Ryougi themselves even kill her?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nrook posted:

Hmm, can I read the spoilers if I watched KnK 10 years ago and don't remember any of it except that Ryougi Shiki is cool
It's more of a general thing I try to do to keep away from spoiling goons on stuff across ADTRW as a whole. Because, while I don't mind/care getting spoiled because I'm of the general idea that, if a work has strong enough writing to make you still have a reaction, then the spoiler doesn't matter, but I completely understand and respect if other people don't want to get spoiled; and I'm sure that a number of thread regulars haven't watched/read/played/heard a good chunk of works from the franchise/verse/whatchamacallit.

In other news, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia has been a fun romp so far!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AlternateNu posted:

Is that from her ability to perfectly clone herself through her dolls? I’ve watched the movies a bunch of times but if that’s the reason Cornelius is freaking out, that’s pretty baller.
Indeed! From the conversation from a few pages ago about how maguses/magi in TM are in general pretty loving ruthless and... beep-boopy, if I had to use a somewhat silly term? It still strikes me as a very special sort of "Holy poo poo!" moment.

Clarste posted:

My understanding is that she's not transferring her soul around, she's just making perfect copies with all of her memories (updated remotely) and doesn't care if she herself actually dies. Like, the copies will live on with her memories but the continuity of consciousness that is a person is still dead. So it's not the 3rd magic at all, in any sense that might matter to a mage.
Huh. Well, nevermind then. Silly me for jumping to conclusions. :sweatdrop:

Well if the magus is content with the end-result, more power to 'em.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know, I guess with yours and Clarste's explanations, plus the fact of what constitutes the 3rd Magic, while it wouldn't qualify, it does sorta make that one scene way more understandable, especially for a "traditional" magus.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, FGO Babylonia works well enough on its own. I mean, I know precious little about the game aside from:
  • The gargantuan success it has met so far.
  • That it has 7 chapters so far.
  • That emulation and trying to get around the region locks has been a complete failure on my end. :negative:
... and I still enjoyed the anime for the most part!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It sounds... fine? Admittedly I'm kinda biased to certain versions of the song, but maybe it'll correspond with whatever scene it ends up being used with.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

Interestingly he's mentioned he doesn't find FGO very interesting but it's where the money goes so here we are lol. Dude prefers Apo.
It's very important to have an Apo, after all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3evf7w158mw

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

what did space flower mean by this
I don't know but that seems like an extremely AV-worthy image.

Rody One Half posted:

That pedobait is bad civilization I assume
But is probably this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

just read the vn it's about as long as breaking bad but it's also about the same level of quality
That's just unfair to Fate/Stay Night.

Better Call Saul is way better, imho.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's less :argh: "Breaking Bad sucks! It sucks!" and more that everyone and their dog was on my case about not watching the show that, when I finally sat down to watch the show a little before the actual final season was airing, and I was like, "Oh hey! It's good!". But since I wasn't all :worship: "In this house we stan for Walter White!", then yeah, I was like whatever on the show after it ended. Like I'm not "It's absolute tripe that doesn't deserve squat!". It just wasn't my bag.

On the other hand, I got into F/SN early by sheer coincidence. Back then, I was obsessed with Sakura Wars and I had all 4 games that were released on the Dreamcast. The timing was good enough that I got into the 2006 anime as it got weekly or bi-weekly fansubs so I watched it as it was getting subbed in Spanish, and while it wasn't like "gently caress yeah! This is my jam!", it was entertaining enough that when a friend/former classmate (the same person that sold me her dreamcast + games so that she could keep a roof above her head) was all "You know, the Visual Novel is way better", so I played/read through that when I borrowed her copy and sure enough, I got hooked.

Also it's probably worth mentioning the differences that with F/SN it was that one friend + her girlfriend telling me "poo poo's off the hook, homeslice!" when I was in my early 20's and finally getting out of a crappy financial situation vs a crap-ton of people just telling me "Watch Breaking Bad" for 2+ years and being on my mid-to-late 20's and just wanting to be done with that loving job.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Medea for Smash.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

Gilgamesh is going to get in so he can reclaim all of the anime swords that have been stolen from him.
Naga is gonna be so mad, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, my phone is being rear end right now but I swear among my recommendations on YouTube I saw a PV for the Camelot movie, so that seems to be happening sometime this year? Or was this a known/sure thing already and I just need to get with the program?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Conspiratiorist posted:

It's been known for about half a year.
lmao, always late to the party. :mmmhmm:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine an Emiya arrangement but with festive trumpets.

That would loving rule.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please, click on the tweet. :mmmhmm:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Never forget the true, peak performance power of Tohsaka.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
CYOA's are games, so VN's are games. This is what I think in my heart of hearts.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tohsaka is extremely powerful.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's also in the competition for Top 3 characters in the loving thing, so it evens out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Polgas posted:

I thought the movies made some major changes to the sixth one?
Yeah, like there's no shortage of hosed-up shenanigans in any of the other 8 chapters, but by comparison Chapter 6 was way less hosed up as a movie than as a novel chapter.