Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

taser rates posted:

It's relatively short yes, with no branching paths. But the writing is still dense and intensely stylistic as you'd expect, and given the track record on translations of Nasu's writing I'm not going to get my hopes up on the quality until I see it for myself. Was going to buy it anyways so it changes nothing for me, but I'm very curious to know who they got translate it and how long they had to work on it.

Based on this article, sounds like Aniplex is distributing/licensing it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...sh-text/.184542

If true, based on previous history of Aniplex localizations, they have not had a good track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

FGO translation is quite good, I'd like to think they'll be the same people.

I believe a lot of people criticized FGO translation when it first came out. They have improved since though.