Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fate Unlimited Bitch About How This Isn't Zero Works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

in other news, lots of buff dudes in this japanimation:

i'm 'miring

You're good people Cake Attack.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can't wait for the second half of UBW for Lancer to do his big gently caress YOUUUU because that will basically be me in that thread when the time comes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rodyle posted:

Then they'll complain that there was no purpose to Kirei and all that buildup was for nothing.

Eh, they wouldn't be totally wrong, but Lancer gets to be the cool guy unlike F/Z Lancer whom I love, but that poor bastard couldn't even take anyone down with him when being offed pretty much the same way.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 8, 2014

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm reading a translation of scenes and scripts that weren't used in the Fate/Prototype OVA and man, it's just good fun, what with how different the Grail system is and how the tone is basically Heaven's Feel brand of darkness. Even if this material will probably never see the light of day, I love seeing the ideas that lead up to the current Fate series.

EDIT: Also, the drama CD is Carnival Phantasm level poo poo, it's just goofy fun.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 10, 2014

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It could always be complaining about how the action isn't meaningful and there isn't the strategy like there is in F/Z. (Seriously what the gently caress was up with that one :argh: )

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I gotta say, I was pretty drat hype to see Kuzuki animated with ufotable's flourishes and I wasn't disappointed.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Found this while doing some Googling, goddammit I giggled.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Caster's item crafting skills are A rank.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Fangz posted:

Worth noting that Assassin mastered a variant of the Second True Magic by just practising swinging his sword a lot because he wanted to kill a bird.

Can't forget about Iskander. Guy wasn't even a magus in life, but that didn't stop him from being able to create his own ridiculous Reality Marble that encloses his ideals, philosophy, and his life of conquering with his best buds and army.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Scrree posted:

So yesterday I watched Fate/Zero with my brother, whose only other Type-Moon experience has been watching the UBW anime with me and our sis every Saturday. He has a pretty negative opinion of UBW - basically saying that the fights are cool but the characters act in dumb and contrived ways (which is totally true for the first half of UBW), but he absolutely loved the first five episodes of Fate/Zero. He laughed for a minute straight when it was shown that Kiritsugu fights with guns, and all he could talk about when we finished watching was how awesome Rider is.To be fair, he said that having already watched the slower UBW anime let him jump into the much more chaotic F/Z without having to try and figure out what the Servant classes are or what the hell a Noble Phantasm is.

Hilariously, he totally hasn't connected the Golden Haired Guy talking to Shinji in UBW 10 to Gilgamesh in F/Z, so he keeps speculating how Gil is going to be defeated since Gate of Babylon seems so overpowered.

That last part is definitely chuckle worthy. Gotta wonder what your bro will feel like when F/Z ends and everyone dies.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

lancer makes diarmud look like such a chump, lol

I was rereading End of a Hero in the VN today and yeah, you're right. As much as I love Zero Lancer, all he does is say gently caress you to Saber and everything else, Lancer just goes an extra mile with gently caress YOU and actually takes everything else down with him.

What I'm saying is that the guy goes down like a true hero. :irelandflagsingletear:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

are the kara no kyoukai movies licensed? can't see them on bakabt

also are they licensed by a reasonable company, or is it like fate/zero?

As far as I remember, no. You can find subs of it easily through Google though.

VVV EDIT: or that

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 19, 2014

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nthing about how this was a good episode despite all the talky talk. Taiga going "SHUT UP" was great and the scene between Rin and Shirou conversing in the evening was actually really nice.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
On the one hand, the cost of the nice animation probably has to be compensated somehow.

On the other hand, loving 400 bucks....

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Not looking forward to bride!Saber, straight up :argh: territory for me.

Everything else though, I'm hype.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh yeah, and there's some new Fate/Grand Order stuff that's come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZabuND1LjU

looks like it's actually gonna be a thing!

EDIT: Gah, that's an old video. New link instead

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Joan of Arc is Ruler if we're going by Fate/Apocrypha, the other girl in the trailer is Shielder and according to the TM wiki, Red Saber from Fate/Extra might be in the game.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Eh, there's enough differences in terms of armor and hair length where it's not that hard to tell them apart.

And yeah, it was a minor plot point since Zero Caster thought Saber was Jeanne and thought she was just denying it. But you know, he was a crazy motherfucker of course he'd mistake Takeuchi's samefaces. :derp:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Shielder was an older character design that they were going to use in the original VN, but she was one of many corners cut out of the final product.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I was going to say don't forget about the Illya route, but then I remembered Prisma Illya exists so I guess there's that.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
She also looks good in glasses, what more do you want.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
For the longest time I put off Carnival Phantasm because I also had zero interest, but then I watched it and I realized what I was missing out on.

Watch it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Carnival Phantasm's easy to digest even if you're not familiar with Tsukihime/Melty Blood so it's not like you're suffering through anything bad. It's 80% Fate jokes anyways and the eps are short.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
^^^

Seriously, he has no personality traits to the point where he just gets influenced by Lancer's personality so gently caress him

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
One of the few designs in Extra that was for the better and doesn't involve grossness.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Thinking about it, next Fate spinoff they should just have Shiki summoned as Assassin, to troll all the "Could Shiki kill a servant?" people.

If you're talking about Ryougi, she was in Extra so... (If we're talking Tohno then I'm staying away from that one)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When you make a new UBW thread, in the OP post just write, "no it's not F/Z you fuckers"

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When I look back on the DEEN and manga adaption of FSN, all I can think of is how angry Shirou looks.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Playing Hollow Ataraxia is a good way to kill time before April.

The way Rider begins to hover around Shirou when he calls Tohsaka to go out on a date is pretty hilarious...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nate RFB posted:

My intention was to reread Fate with the new patch in the intervening months between UBW's cours and I don't think I can do it. I'm putting in maybe an hour a week and it's painful because that route's beginning is nothing but exposition and Shirou being afraid of Saber's cooties. I'm certain it was fine when I had only a passing knowledge of the premise (so like 8 years ago when the first Fate patch came out?) but now it's just nothing but work. I like FSN a whole lot but I think I just have to acknowledge that it doesn't have the replayability of say Steins;Gate which I was more than happy to replay once it came out officially in English.

I want to try and reread the Fate route too, but I just end up reading the last third of UBW because it's somewhat more fast paced and it's more fun.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Rider ruined perfectly good banter between Ayako and Lancer too (although cockblocking him might have been for the best).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Twiddy posted:

It really doesn't matter if KnK exists in a separate timeline because if Shiki ever needs to interact with anyone from the main timeline, she can just kill the barrier between those timelines. Or kill the differences between the two timelines.

My favorite fan comics are the ones where Ryougi Shiki interacts with the other Type-Moon cast members.

Yeah, this. KnK is just a few parallel threads away from being in a different timeline from Tsuki and Fate. Besides, it doesn't stop her from being in Melty Blood and Fate/Extra so.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Well, that image is going right to my pictures folder.

I'm really excited now. :getin:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I want to make love to all Riders and Casters.

I can understand Iskander Rider, but are you absolutely sure about Zero Caster...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
yes

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The best time of year. :allears:

Here's a list of twitter accounts from various Fate characters it's pretty great.

http://flamingo-chan.tumblr.com/post/115129880057/type-moon-characters-twitter-account

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yer a wizard, Shinji. :(

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Bholder posted:

Can't wait to see people lose their poo poo about Wedding dress-Saber, at least I'm sure the magical vibrator will be gone.

The most necessary scene in the history of necessity... God, even if they're gonna cut out the really creepy poo poo, nothing stops the awful feelings of :froggonk:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fate/Zero is, by all means, about how adults can't solve problems and thus why we have Japanese high schoolers deal with their leftover bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
In light of Sella and Liz getting offed last week in UBW, it reminds me how much I loved them in Hollow Ataraxia, especially with how much Sella shat on Shirou.