Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Darth Walrus posted:

Did this episode of Babylonia have a guest director? The character designs, animation and colouring were quite different.
It was directed by Nakaya Onsen. He also did the big ep in Apocrypha.

Interestingly he's mentioned he doesn't find FGO very interesting but it's where the money goes so here we are lol. Dude prefers Apo.

As another fun fact this was actually his first time as episode director!

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

sieg and jeanne are both decent characters in fgo imo

granted with sieg they basically just completely rewrite his character, he's way goofier and they lean on the whole 'dragon' aspect of him more

I feel it's less a rewrite and more a "ok now we have a chance to actually let the character breathe" kinda thing. His limited screentime in F/A was used up in setup and fighting. And his setup had to start from 0 what with being a homunculus and stuff. And, y'know, the dragon bit only actually happened near the end so that wasn't available either.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

The fact Sieg starts as a puppet lacking in will or, you know, anything and grows into his own agency is one of the points of the story, you know.
I can't say it was done very well, but the character arc was still there.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raxivace posted:

Are the English translations of the Garden of Sinners light novels worth the time? I was thinking of checking them out at some point but various online peoples have accused them of being inaccurate to the point of being fanfiction.

Is this actually the case or is it fans just exaggerating issues?

If you mean the cokesakto translations, I've seen evidence he'd added, changed or removed paragraphs and it's not just the local translators being pedantic.
The fanfiction thing is partly the above and partly because he tried very hard to rename every possible Nasu-original term into something that's sound at home in a World of Darkness fanfic, so there's that.
Caveat: I saw this years ago, so I wouldn't be able to provide you with proof.

Still, as Endorph said, the movies are still the superior experience.

E: Google found me something. Apparently at some point BL went through some passages. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1NEZzQsil7Zgkajr6ESYIoW1JNN6aeBuG4kE2SZWghXw#h.aj3s5lvyxjh3

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 6, 2020

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Logical1234 posted:

Let's be honest, Arthurian Legend + Anime was always gonna lead to a sis-con Arthur jokes, or a bro-con yandere Morgan.

They wouldnt be able to resist it, mostly because Morgan in actual legends alternate between trying to kill her brother, or seemingly regreting killing her brother in some interpretations. And let's not forget acutally loving her brother on his wedding night. Shr was already a yandere.

The joke was always gonna be made. Mostly because it wasn't a joke in the end.

We should be more worried if Morgan becomes summonable in FGO. Once that happens the doujins shall turn the joke into a reality.

And thus the Saberface hell shall gain a new circle of horror.

The first Morgan fanart was three years ago, it came out when she was cameo'd in Apocrypha anime and it's a Morgan x Artoria Lancer pic. It's the one Stairmaster posted, actually.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

How does FGO system manifest heroic spirit? Some alternate Third Magic?

The Einzbern factory, whose objective was to rediscover the Third Magic, did achieve a minor success with Justeaze, but she couldn't actualize the Third Magic on the scale required to save the world. Instead, they lashed her into the Greater Grail and used her power to materialize the summoned heroic souls.
This is what makes the Fuyuki HGW special, because normally it takes the authority of the world itself to materialize them. Regular HS summoning is closer to a seance or Shaman King-style possession.

HSs themselves are provided by piggybacking off the (human) world's self-defense system.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

The FGO system is also its own (special) system.

It's still based in the Fuyuki system, anyways.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

There's other differences, but they're all superficial. The core of it is still the same as in FSN. Most of the weirdness comes from the fact history is broken.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

AlternateNu posted:

Is this why demiservants are so common now?

Pseudos, but yes. The basic idea of pseudos was first mentioned in passing by Rin in FSN, it only really became a thing in FGO. Although both Apo and Case Files leverage the idea as well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

I guess the cost of localizating all the text was just not worth it compared to potential sales of an outdated VN.
Or maybe they lost the sources or something who knows.

Hope springs eternal for this new release.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1430632708976254976

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

taser rates posted:

Tweet seems to have been deleted whatever it was, but I wish people would stop linking that guy honestly.

The sequel will be titled Tsukihime: The Other Side of Red Garden and will include the Satsuki route. #tsukihime #tsukihimespoilers
Tsukihime: The Other Side of Red Garden preview visuals #tsukihime #tsukihimespoilers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0eUsUcAgd9ci.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0eyOVIAAKB3U.jpg:orig
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9v0f1GVkAE-AnM.jpg:orig

Also what's wrong with him?

E: it's sequel info fyi

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 27, 2021

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rody One Half posted:

Big new Nasu interview on Tsuki R and TM more broadly. Some interesting lore stuff, some claims about theming (Mahoyo, FGO, and TsukiR are apparently bound by their critique of modern consumerism), and the patently ludicrous statement that Type Moon just doesn't have the resources for localization, so long as you don't count a war chest fit for purchasing whole countries as resources.

E: More specifically

Presentation probably referring to certain visual effects and points where VO and text diverge.

You'd think you could hire up or make deals with localization companies or any number of things to do that work but oh no tm is a small bean company, no resources

TM is a tiny-rear end company, dude. And even a localization company has to rely on the original development team for things that involve the programming of the game itself, which is what Nasu's talking about here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Strange Fake sucks because nobody is there to tell Narita to stop adding new poo poo instead of resolving the huge pile of preexisting poo poo.

Also I find a lot of its ideas to be dumb but that's more of a personal opinion.