Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Given how most anime are adaptations /a/ attracts all the "secondary" accusations.

(To BL's credit I've never seen that term used unironically)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Wait where did you get that first statement?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

CJ is a fake. Shielder's a servant/human fusion but she doesn't recall who was the servant. (Ten bucks it'll be revealed later on)
The rest are right.

Not gonna :effort: to repost so here's a link to a list: http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3267-Fate-Grand-Order-Servants-and-Cards
(Boudicca's artist totally sucks)

--

So there's these equipment cards to boost your servants, many of'em are masters.
I like these three:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 31, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Her face has no shading and is right next to some lovingly-shaded hair.

She does look nice in short hair though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Compendium posted:

If Fate/Zero Berserker is in this game, why can't Diarmuid also be in this game, more Lancers more problems

Need to save Servants for future updates ofc.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Postal Parcel posted:

You *can* get 4 stars from the initial pull, Chevalier D'eon and Carmilla. And that's it. So initial roll isn't the "reroll" roll.

Anyway, does anyone want a Vlad the Impaler account? I've also got a Stheno, 2x Elizabeth Bathory, EMIYA, and aforementioned Chevalier

Yeah, i am the reroll :spergin:
Anyway, my code is 241880269. I've got Saber(Artruria)

Jeez dude what were you looking for that you'd give away that.
(Also how did you get so many rolls)

(yes I'd like it very much pretty please)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 2, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

FYI servers are being screwy right now, if you do stuff that takes materials the change might get reverted without refunding the mats. I suggest you hold off for now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

It's ok now tho.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Postal Parcel posted:

I was hunting for Huke's saber(Attila the Hun) and gave up after getting Saber saber. There were many rerolls in between that period
I guess you can hit me up at evoless33 gmail.com or pm PostParc on IRC.(Usually on synirc channels)

So you were the source of all the myname zombies? :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

I just pressed the "I'm gonna install these things yeah sure" button then quit the emulator from the system tray and it seems that cancelled the install.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Most people I know use Bluestacks.

-Troika- posted:

If you're having trouble levelling up your dudes, the daily quests at the top of the daily quest thing reward lots of XP items (the top one is saber, archer, and lancers, exclusively). Note that the ones that cost AP are more difficult but give better XP items.
That's for today, mind you. Tomorrow (cutoff is midnight japan time)'s quest is XP items for the assassin, caster, rider and berserker. A list is here.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

-Troika- posted:

For those who are wondering what the gently caress your crafting essences do:

If it has the Green Quick symbol, it increases Quick damage by the stated %.
If it has the Blue Arts symbol, it increases Arts damage by the stated %.
If it has the Red Buster symbol, it increases Buster damage by the stated %.
If it has an Exclamation mark, it increases Critical damage by the stated %.
If it has a Crit Star, it increases the rate at which you collect Crit Stars in battle by the stated %.
If it has a Shield, it increases defense by the stated %.
If it has a sword with Rings behind it, it increases NP build rate by the stated %.
If it has a beam of light, it increases NP Damage by the stated %.
If it has a sword with an explosion-like glow behind it, it increases NP Starting % by the stated %.

Levelling up a crafting essence just seems to affect the attack and HP bonus (and the cost) so I'm unsure if there's any real benefit to doing so at this time.

http://kairosity.tumblr.com/post/125748860299/fategrand-order-craft-essence-compendium
Full list. (Weakness resist should read debuff resist, tho)
The icons are shared between craft essence and skills, too, so you can get an idea of what those do as well.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 3, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Compendium posted:

Huh, so about Da Vinci according to the TM Wikia and something I definitely missed since I've been skipping dialogue I wouldn't be able to read:

So an actual trans character as opposed to genderswapping!

IIRC one of the translators said she tweaked her own summon to pull that off, and actually gets mad at Dr. Roman (the mission control dude) when he insists on calling him He.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Oh, I got Jeanne with my rolls! And also a poo poo ton of craft essences, though at east one was 5 star (Heaven's Feel).

Here's my friend code with Jeanne as leader (different from the one I posted earlier since I had rerolled, but I'm sure I'll stick with this one): 150865798

edit: Jesus, my Jeanne seems to have way more HP and Attack than my 4 star Seigfried that is the same level. Maybe it's to make up for the fact that Ruler isn't strong against any other classes (I'm guessing, it doesn't show up in the little rock paper scissors diagram).

Ruler takes half damage from all classes and does normal damage to all classes (double to zerkers). (I forgot how it interacts with itself). Also a base 10% damage bonus.
She also has naturally high stats.
Jeanne's hax as gently caress, yo.

-Troika- posted:

I got Jeanne D'Arc from my 10-roll :unsmigghh:

Also, after you finish Rome (which I just did), Jeanne Alter is added to the gacha.

Oh? Someone actually got Alter?
Or somebody read that J.Alter is in the game and made the rest up?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 6, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Buy quartz, spend quartz refilling AP bar (best done once you're high level enough to have an 80 AP bar), grind the gently caress out of the QP dailies, next day grind the gently caress out of the XP dailies.

http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/1056-Mining-for-Bits
Data I've pulled. There's a ton. Skill up reqs, ascension reqs, skills names and effects, weakness table, servant XP requirements and how servants' stats grow (it's not always linear).
Might be adding more depending on what I discover or figure out.
Once I have the time I'll give the precise numbers for all skills and NPs but that's in a 'later' stage.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Is Gilgamesh (and some other servants like Gintoki/Medea) even in the game at this point? I noticed you list his skills.

Also, that information about stat growth curves is really useful and seems to explain why, initially, some servants seem so drastically better than others; they were generally servants with reverse S growth curves. Also, every single servant that made me think "jesus, why is he/she so lovely" was an S curve (like EMIYA, though from what I understand his end-game stats aren't that good either).

A handful of servants are in the game but not obtainable. This is probably so they can be used as enemies, but it's likely they will become obtainable at some point. (Except Jeanne Alter, but then again she has a profile for some unknown reason)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Neo_Crimson posted:

How are you guys actually playing this game? Even with English guides, I have no idea what I'm doing.

It felt p intuitive for me, I just guessed and stuff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My only issue with fgo is how shoddily coded it is.

The engine is just unity tho?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Is anyone else getting an error when they try and do friend point rolls?

Most common reason is time zone desyncs. Client thinks it's time to give you a free roll, server says no it's not, you don't have enough FP to do a roll. Or you wanna do a roll, server thinks "wait you need to do the free roll first" and things get wonky.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Koyama is a good artist that draws sexy ladies without making them trashy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Is it just my luck or Zero Caster boss only attack my Jeanne and no one else? :allears:

Deliberate. Same with Lancelot and Saberfaces.
The engine is actually quite flexible at modeling interactions and lore.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 25, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

You get to say no, though. It's counter guardians that get stuck with the lovely fine print.

And Nasu afterlife is pretty clear, actually. If you don't get your soul stored somewhere then you're sent to the mystical woodchipper to be torn apart and the basic core (aka ze Origin) recycled into a new thing. No afterlife here.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Does anyone know what the Bazett craft essence does? From what I can tell it increases something related to stars by 600%. I think it's a new essence since it's not listed on that kairosity blog.
Star attraction +600%. How exactly this works is explained in http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3305-How-are-critical-stars-distributed
I also posted a bunch of other info, so I'd visit the rest of the blogposts too. :v:

Btw the other cards are:
Sea of Reeds (parting of the sea): 1 dodge + 5% debuff resist
Prisma Cosmos (Ilya #2): 8% NP per turn
Shroud of Magdalene (Caren): +25% def vs males

Compendium posted:

Whoever said that Delightworks really don't know how to make balanced gameplay was right.
The gameplay per se is fine. It's the drops that are designed to suck out all your money. :v:

Ytlaya posted:

Question - does the attack "style" affect anything at all? Like, different servants/classes will hit enemies a different number of times for certain attack types. For example, Gil's Buster attack hits the enemy 4 or 5 times I think. Are certain attack types better for different things (like generating stars vs doing damage vs generating NP gauge)?
NP and crit stars are calculated per hit and %s are stored per servant. The former tends to balance itself out but the latter doesn't, meaning Gil (and to a lesser extent Hassan) is the best star maker in the game.
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3306-How-much-NP-do-I-get-in-combat
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3307-How-many-crit-stars-do-I-get-in-combat
Numbers.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 31, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

The one kind of underwhelming thing about Gilgamesh seems to be his Noble Phantasm. While it gets a bonus against servants, even against them it seems to do a LOT less than Arturia's Excalibur. This would be okay if it had some debuff/buff attached to it like many/most other damage NPs, but it doesn't. It's about comparable to most other AoE damage NPs in damage, so it's not so much that it's *bad* - just that Excalibur is ridiculously powerful.

Also, what another poster said about his attack pattern generating a bunch of stars is very true. He routinely generates 4-5 stars with individual non-Quick attacks.

Put Tokiomi on Gil and the crits will make up for everything.

---

In other news after about half a week of coding and debugging an unholy combination of SQL and Javascript, I finally finished this:
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6110-Fate-Grand-Order-Gameplay-Profiles

Now you can finally see what exactly does your servant's NP do and how it upgrades.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 1, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Medea's totally made to spam the poo poo out of Rule Breaker. (Too bad it's not beamspam but eh. Buff dispel has its uses. Way too many high level enemies buff themselves to hell and back)

Yeah Divinity is flat damage increase. Way crappier than I'd originally though.
Sad.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Why is it that some Noble Phantasms are listed twice in a row? Do you get the rank up as you ascend the servant?

Yep, gold servants get a 2nd interlude that lets them upgrade their NP's rank. That's why when you first get them their NPs have lower rank than they're supposed to.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm sad that the gameplay isn't a little more complex; googling around while the visual effect of UBW is nice with leaving all the swords lying around, I don't think it has any secondary benefit or buffs to EMIYA on deployed?

I think that might be a visual bug, actually.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Monk E posted:

So has anyone else been getting a disconnect messages when the game tries to show the animation for certain noble phantasms?

It tries to download them on the fly, so if your connection is spotty for whatever reason it'll do that.

If you don't like that you can go to the settings screen (4th or 5th option in My Room) and press the big button near the bottom to download all assets at once.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Man, Gilgamesh totally destroys Gilles in the latest servant event update. The combination of Gilles being a Saber (and thus weak against Archers) + the 150% damage from Enuma Elish against servants resulted in it doing over 40,000 damage (which is really high for an AoE NP).

Just so you know the 150% is multiplied on top of the regular damage, so Enuma Elish hits for 450%. :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

For those people who've watched unexpectedly :black101: webms of combat in Prisma Ilya, checked it out and then immediately ran away for perfectly understandable reasons, the anime, starting with today's ep (7), has switched over to primarily action, which Silver Link is actually surprisingly good at.

http://gfycat.com/RightAcclaimedDutchshepherddog

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

A perfectly reasonable sentiment. I just watched this one 'cause I wanted to see the fight.

Funnily (or sadly, I guess), the combat looked cooler than what Ufo put out for ubw.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

UBW super disappointed me with its action scenes. The choreography was lame, there was too much talk and worst of all they kept cutting away at the worst times possible times :argh:.
Even Shirou's two iconic fights were lame, with little to no sense of progression in the fight. Hell, at one point in Shirou vs Archer in UBW they show him running all motivated, cut away and when they cut back he's further away than when he started.

When I was watching it all I felt was fatigue, not hype.
E: I should say that this was mostly on the 2nd half. The early fights (Herk, Lancer) were cool.

This was particularly glaring because right after watching UBW I started watching Danmachi and those fights had me so hyped I shotgunned through the entire season in like a single night.

(lol who said watch the loli ecchi scenes I meant just watch today without context it's not like it's important and fortunately they don't mix fanservice and action. anyways last I'll say about it)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 5, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sylphid posted:

Shirou vs. Archer was never meant as an action fest. It's the symbolic culmination of the entire route, with Gilgamesh being "we have to tie up the loose ends to end the plot" kind of thing.

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, they didn't feel exciting to watch.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Kana Ueda's a known game addict IIRC.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

IIRC Shirou chants it in japanese.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Add Semiramis, Ramses, Shuwen, Alexander Dumas and Astolfo instead of rehashes/evil versions you godforsaken japs

You're getting four out of five and two of them will actually show up twice each.

For those that can't or don't feel like translating that japanese thing:
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3273-GO-You!-The-Blacklist
It also lists the artists doing'em.

For the guy who was interested in Mary Reed & Anne Bonny: Don't be. I saw the art. It's baaaaaaaaaaad.
E: So bad I won't post it. Just link it. https://data.archive.moe/board/a/image/1439/00/1439002774830.png

AlternateNu posted:

I don't even play this, but the above bolded part is awesome.

It only says "Iri" though, whereas Rin, Sakura, Taiga and Waver all follow [Hero] ([Person]) format.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 8, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

It'd just make the magic ghost disappear like if they'd gotten killed by something else.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Raenir Salazar posted:

I liked Gilles having that vision of Jeanne though, because it's probably the first time I realized just how much more to the Type-Moon universe there is when you realize "Oh, she's not just fan fiction by the author."
This reminded me of Garden of Avalon, which everybody expected to be maximum saberwank but ended up being surprisingly good at fleshing out the world and their characters.
Fun fact: Vortigern was basically the avatar and last bastion of magical Britain. Seiba was basically magical british Captain America, literally made for the job of King.
The wikia page has links to translated bits.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

The chapters will be released in future updates from what I understand. I think there are quite a few Grand Orders total.

Oceanus, London, USA, Jerusalem, Babylon.
7 worlds total, although since they've said it'll go longer than a year I guess there'll be further non-main story stuff later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Given the twitter says "Who is your master?" I assume they're annoyed as his infidelity. :v: