Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

...There's something I'm curious about. Why isn't the Counter Force smiting Solomon with great vigor?

The Counter Force is a mysterious and ineffable force that reacts with the minimum level of force needed to ensure absolute survival against extinction-level forces. It's also known to use totally random people who have no idea they're being used to stop things.

Long story short, Gudako and pals can be argued to be manipulated/possessed/guided by the Counter Force and are heir instrument(s) against Solomon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

This post reminds me of a point of contention I have with one of my friends: Can ANY spirit from the Throne of Heroes be a Counter Guardian? He says that only those who have explicitly made contracts to serve in that capacity like Arturia and Emiya can, but I clearly remember Medea having dialogue with Archer that implied that she had been a Counter Guardian as well, and further implying that all of them could be used for that duty.

As I recall, anybody from the Throne of Heroes can be used as part of the Counter Force; that's why the Throne of Heroes exists, to save noteworthy legends to field against the annihilation of mankind.

However, they also have the capacity to refuse any given request Alaya makes. What Counter Guardians are, then, are the heroes who made a deal with Alaya, and thus cannot refuse to be summoned.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Mashu spent the time between London and America working out. That's what the Personalized Training CE in the Prism shop represents.

(Despite the cool animations she still has the same number of hits and does the same amount of damage, so it's only eyecandy.)

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
http://imgur.com/a/20l0x

Due to my attempts at buying Quartz for the anniversary event on my iPhone, I was unable to change my iTunes Account back to Japanese to download the update. So I ended up making a new account entirely, and downloading the app using that. There was no problem here - except now my bind code isn't working.

Could someone translate these error messages for me? I don't know if the bind code is wrong, or if my password is, or even if it's just a connection issue. Any ideas to get this ball rolling would be appreciated.

I saves up a ton of quartz and tickets to roll for Best Girl Tammy, so I'd at least like a chance to ritually burn everything in my wallet for her summer form, too.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
I tried every combination of bind code/password that might work, in case I made a typo putting it to paper, and no dice. I ended up just filling out the account recovery form - any chance someone here knows the rough turnaround rate for this kind of thing?

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
So, after getting my account back, I blew all 300 Quartz and tickets I had - and then I broke IAP and bought 50 Quartz more to try and roll for Tamamo on my birthday.

No dice at all. But hey, I got Lancer Kiyo and Rider Mordred, so that's something.

I mean, I'm totally broke for the Prisma Ilya event, but no regrets, this was the only path.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

So what is NP5. Like do people manage to consistently get their NP bar to 300% or is it about chaining three NP's to 500%? Consistently?

So this is one of the more confusing things about FGO, but the level of an NP and its charging effects are actually two different things. The damage of an NP is only based on how many levels it has. At NP5, the NP will do the same obscene damage at 100% charge, 300% charge, 500% charge, or anything in between. Likewise, NP1 will not do any extra damage* even if you put two NPs before it to get it to 300% charge.

The reason why welfare Servants tend to be innately better to other 4 star Servants, even without taking skills into account, is because you get them at NP5. The overcharge effect doesn't tend to factor into consideration, it's just that Welfare Servants are guaranteed to hit harder with their NPs than other Servants of the same rarity/class.

*Barring some specific exceptions like Angra Mainyu, all NPs do increased damage/more healing/bigger numbers with level, and have an additional effect that's boosted by charge. In Assassin Shiki's case, her instant kill chance goes up with charge. In Saber Lily's case, the amount she self-heals after Caliburn goes up with charge. With certain Servants, like Rider Kintoki, the Lesbian Pirates, Arash, and so on, their additional effect is adding more damage right out to their NP.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
It's honestly amazing how often Extella goes out of its way to poo poo on Tammy. There's 'second billing' and then there's 'punching bag.'

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Kiyohime is only good when she and Tammy agree to work together to destroy all other competitors for Gudao's heart.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Got my 5 tickets, figured I'd burn them now and try my luck for the event CEs, make grinding a bit easier.

Got Zouken 4* CE, Kariya 4* CE, Kriei 4* CE, the 5* event CE... and Ishtarin out of nowhere.

So I now have my first gold non-welfare Archer. Feels pretty good.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Wow, nice. I also had kinda good luck with the 6 tickets I spent today (5 from the cubes and 1 from the mail) and got a second Chevalier D'Eon and Stheno. Considering I've gone through many 10-pulls in the past without a single 4*, 2 from just 6 single pulls is pretty good.

edit: I have a kind of general question regarding NP levels. I know that leveling up to 2 lets you charge to 200%, but when is this actually worth it? Isn't it almost always better to just use it at 100% and charge it to 100% again (unless you ended at like 95% and your next turn got you to 180% or something)? Also, what extra benefit is conferred from level 4 and 5 NPs, since I think 3 opens up to 300% charging?

Generally, unless the secondary effect of the NP is that useful, you totally just want to use it at 100% and then charge it again. As mentioned before, increased NP level increases damage, and it's only at level 5 can you charge it to 300% bar.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

At least now that Mashu's fully ascended it's possible to level break her and toss her up to 90.

Actually, you can't. Even if she's at level 80, she's greyed out in the Grail Ascension menu. (Secret 5* final upgrade during the Solomon event, perhaps?)

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
The Fate/Extra Mystic Code has the same 'negate buff' effect Jalter has on her NP, so you can at least negate the invincibility pierce portion of his first turn NP. Skill Seal can also break his script, so Mata Hari's available as a non-whale option if you desperately need another outfit instead.

...Not that that's been helping me too much. A team of Jalter/Waver/Tamamo still dies too fast, and fielding three 5*s with appropriate CEs means I don't really have much Team Cost to play with. Rider Marie Antionette has the debuff clear on her NP, so a team of Marie, Support Merlin, and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Tamamo/Hans might let you outheal his damage? His NP doesn't actually hit that hard compared to some other AoEs, it's mostly the stacking debuffs that are the real killer.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, though it would have been more lore appropriate for the NP to at least do more damage (a proportional amount would be more "realistic" but also overpowered, but they could have at least increased the multiplier used).

Out of curiosity, why is Gilgamesh considered pretty good? Is it because he generates a lot of stars with his attacks? That's the only thing that seems to really stand out about him. His NP is also pretty decent against servants (which fortunately make up a significant portion of difficult battles), though not exceptional.

Trust me, his NP being so weak is as lore appropriate as it's going to get. Proportional damage would make it more useful but less accurate, as it's pointed out that all the 'pain' inflicted is mental/spiritual; stronger Servants can explicitly tank it, and it doesn't actually do lasting damage.

Anyways, Gilgamesh is good because of his amazing hit counts, which let him A: generate a decent amount of stars, and more importantly B: increase his NP meter by a huge ton, especially with Golden Rule. As far as 5* Archers go, he's pretty plug and play, and his NP effect lets him do good damage against Servants despite being AoE.

Twib fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 28, 2016

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
I've already grinded all my bronzes and silvers to max level.

Now I feel totally listless because there's literally nothing to do except farm prisms or farm bond.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Everyone who is participating in the event gets the rewards of the winning side - which appears to be extra bonus points of that side, as far as I've heard. That actually means it's more efficient to grind out the points of the losing side, since the event will give you free bonus points, and there's no extra reward after you finish the reward ladders for a given side.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Three ten rolls got me the Gil CE and trash.

Then I used the monthly tickets and got Jack and Meltlilith back to back, so I've got that going for me.

Melt's surprisingly strong for a Quick Servant. Getting to whale on some of the most annoying Classes in the game probably helps.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Passionlip is kicking my rear end. Tips and or tricks?

Kuro, David, EMIYA with the Atlas Mystic Code. It lets you stagger your dodges to avoid Passionlip's NP spam during her first life bar, and afterwards you can slug it out since she's doing half damage and your frontline regens 3000 HP per turn.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
The Gil 5* CE that spawns Eater, however, also hits the Type X since it's an Eater.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Tammy Cat, Hercules, EMIYA, and maaaaaaaaybe D'eon are the big hits for the 4*s of note, I think. Martha is great late game thanks to her debuff/buff clears, but she makes wet noodles look like they hit like trucks. Sumanai is Sumanai, and Stheno is Stheno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I will begrudgingly accept short skirt Arc just because Ciel's remake design is just THAT much better than her old one.

On the one hand that's true, but on the other she's basically just blue-haired Mash now.