Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Is anyone else surprised by the lack by the lack of a decent arena-strategy game from Fate/ setting? I mean, a turn based game where you have Masters moving around nodes (locations) on a city map, where they preform various actions. The game would have say 24 characters total, but only are chosen randomly to be masters at the start of each game, but all 24 appear within every game (the other 16 are humans). The Master's goals are to discern which of the remaining 23 characters are Masters, by looking for suspicious actions taken by the characters.

The actions themselves of course have a risk/reward system. Performing mundane human options keeps you relatively undetected, but obviously has limited utility while using magic or summoning a servant would obviously immediately expose you if seen.

Onto servants, obviously the minimum amount of servants that would have developed is 8, but adding more would increase variety. If we're speaking strictly to something in setting, Noble Phantasms would be a set of abilities that you choose on of at the start of the game. If someone was to simply make a game based on the same concept but different IP, it would be cool to them as a large pool that can be draft picked (IE any servant can have access to any Noble Phantasm). All that's left is some throw away mechanic to resolve combat, or if this game actually has a budget: a real combat system. Some silver bullet mechanics for getting the drop on the enemy. And there, you now have something that looks like a cross between Mount and Blade, Mafia, Spy V Spy, and animu bullshit. The coding required for this is a bi heavy without some middleware (or an existing code base that might adapt nicely <.< >.>), but the art requirements are fairly minimalist and could probably be outsourced for less than a grand or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Someone mentioned there's a spin-off series featuring Illyasviel, is it worth watching?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

No.

I mean, yes.

I mean, no...

I'm so confused. Is this the same show? How much is each video representative of the whole show?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Season one of Prism Ilya, which had the Saber fight, was about 60% comedy, 40% action. Season two, which is where the lesbian makeout scene was from, tips the scales to like... 80% comedy, 20% action? A theoretical season three would actually reverse that, but considering the third manga series isn't even done yet it's not getting animated for a while yet.

Most of the non-ecchi appeal of Prism Ilya is watching the cast of F/SN live a generally happier life, so if you're not up for that than don't bother watching the show and just youtube up the fight scenes.

Are the weird ecchi scenes far and few enough in between to either stomach through and skip?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Is there an ETA on a 'MURICAN localization of this?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Sigh, I suppose it would be too much to hope for an unofficial English patch.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Okay I got onto the Grand Order hype train. Is there a wiki or something similar which will translate abilities for me?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I got my account reset, with all my progress deleted, lost best girl, and didn't even get the free stones. Rank E luck really kicking in here.

So how was your post maintenance log in?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I picked up Fate/EXTRA again after not playing for forever, anyone remeber how to get you servant to attack on the map?

EDIT: NVM I just realized it's actually an equip.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 24, 2015

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

What the gently caress game? I went to the regular quartz gacha to avoid getting Waver and they still give me Waver. Give me Jeanne you fuckerrrrrrrrsssss.

I spend $200 trying to get Gil, I got 3 Jeannes instead. #thestruggleisreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

You know. As much as I hate the over saturation of the moba-genre, I could really go for a Fate/ licensed moba.