Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nate RFB posted:

100% this. The fire may have broken Shirou but Kiritsugu ultimately did very little to actually fix him.

I'm not too sure he even could. I mean, the fire really messed shirou up, and it's not completely clear that he ever actually understood how badly it had broken the kid, because of the way shirou has always acted. How is he supposed to know what this kid was like before when the kid himself doesn't really remember?

Granted, he definitely was teaching shirou wrong but weakened as he was he might actually have only taught shirou step one without living long enough to teach him step two, not even realizing the kids body had natural magic circuits.

And he can't have known, since turning your nerves into a magic circuit is "heresy" and there's no reason to do it if you have natural ones, so he must have thought Shirou was a normal human.

BardoTheConsumer fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Aug 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Just saw Heavens Feel part one in St Louis. Really solid flick. In particular I loved the way they avoided the infodumps that were so ever-present in every other Fate work ever. I wouldn't say it was completely spectacular, but it was definitely worth the drive.

Err... not to interrupt Game Chat or anything.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

taser rates posted:

Everything on the TM wiki is written/translated poorly, it's not a good resource. But yea, more or less every work exists in a separate timeline though they tend to be related by overall concepts, organizations, and key people.

More to the point, there are literally infinite timelines so the primary difference between the FS:N timeline and the F:Zero timeline might literally just be some tiny piece of information given in Fate that doesn't jive with what we're shown in F:Zero.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Stairmaster posted:

Saber doesn't know about gate of Babylon in F/SN and also knows that kiri shot kirei. Additionally she claims she fought gilgamesh at the end of the fourth holy grail war which really doesn't happen in f/zero.

tbf the last ones the only one worth actually complaining about.

How could she possibly fight gilgamesh without knowing about fate of babylon?

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, it's really hard to write good fight scenes and I feel it's a skill Nasu has. At least they tend to be more hit than miss.

Yeah it's honestly a surprising amount of hype from written words. Especially the end of Heavens Feel. Like the whole last third.