Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Eej posted:

Maybe I'm just older or maybe it's just ufotable being good at what they do but I'm liking Sakura a lot more in the UBW anime. Maybe her polite nature comes off better in motion than in text? Gonna suck for her when Rin comes in and steals him away.

No, it's not an age thing. I went through and read all of HF again two days ago, and yet I still like the little of Sakura I've seen in UBW more than any part of her in any FSN arc. Maybe she's just a character that needs to be animated to not come off as so - for lack of a better phrase - one dimensional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Silver2195 posted:

In practice, almost everyone seems to summon a Servant similar to themselves in important ways. The main exceptions that come to mind are Kayneth/Diarmuid, Medea/Kojiro, Gordes/Siegfried, and Selenik/Astolfo. I guess you could argue that Medea and Kojiro are similarly "empty," have pointless goals, are indifferent to the deaths of innocent people, etc., while Diarmuid counts as Sola-Ui's summon rather than Kayneth's.

Lancer was also not Kayneth's first choice, but then Rider's personality agreed with him even less (and Rider said as much). It would have been interesting to see what happened if Kayneth actually tried to use that artifact to summon Rider.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Sylphid posted:

From my understanding, the Holy Grail needs to be in the world for the Servants to exist, which is why she disappeared.
This is something I've never really understood. Saber, Rider and Gilagemsh all have their arcs that end with them staying around after the war is over. I'm pretty sure I get the situation with Gilgamesh but I'm unclear on why Saber and Rider are able to stick around, other than 'their masters are soooooo great'.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Yes, you are.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Her ripping that little hair out during her restaurant worker scene in Carnival Phantasm is basically the best.

On the Rider note, I like her but I'd like her a lot more if she didn't spend her mortal hours dressing exactly like Steve Jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Just swap in the scene with Caster's figure workshop from Carnival Phantasm and you're gold.