Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Myurton posted:

Actually dude there is 4 more episodes after that, the last 2 movies, the epilogue and the extra OVA called Mirai Fuken.

Edit:

You know I was thinking that the characters I would love to see in a future Nasu work are Altrouge Brunstud along with Primate Murder and Type Mercury. Both would have absolutely insane fights, that and the fight against Crimson Moon.

Primate Murder and Altrouge makes the thing that was being created in Heavens Feel, Angra Mainyu to be weak in comparison, and Type Mercury is just really freaking weird and horrifying and very OP.

Hey hey, those guys might be faster when it comes to quality Angra Mainyu's just as good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Wasn't Waver's essay about efficiency? Like how if scrub generation #3 mage has 30 magic circuits and prestigious generation #18 mage has 90 magic circuits then if the scrub mage uses certain techniques to accomplish an effort using 1 circuit that the accepted method uses 3 for, then the newer families can match the older ones.

Kinda falls apart if the old families can use these cool techniques as well, and I dunno if they really existed or were just a theory.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

nothing to see here

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Fangz posted:

I don't recall any mention of Shirou's Origin, or any explanation where his magic came from, in the game. In terms of the story, it really seems like Avalon essentially disappears from the game except for that one scene at the end of Fate, where Shirou gets rid of it without any apparent ill effect. So making it sorta pivotal can't help but seem an unwelcome retcon to me.

Given the fact that the sheath essentially doesn't exist in the story outside that one scene, it's hard for me to see it as representing anything, except I guess how forgetful Kiritsugu is that he would leave an uber-powerful healing artifact just lying around, instead of using it to, say, save his own life?

I think we can thank Avalon for Shirou being active and doing stuff every day, otherwise he'd be hospitalised for the rest of the war everytime Berserker or really any other servant grazes him.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

The hanafuda minigame in Hollow Ataraxia is oddly compelling, too. Pity it never got any reference in Carnival Phantasm.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Scrree posted:

Speaking of not good Type Moon works, this has come out recently:

It's notable for featuring possibly the most wank of all Saiba-clones yet and this.

That looks like Luvia to me. She's even doing the gandr pose!

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I like in Hollow Ataraxia where Shinji is reasonably terrified of Sakura. The bit where he and Shirou read her diary is one of the funniest moments, and yeah it's kind of hard to square that with how he is in the main game.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Also HA has fun minigames!

I spent a surprisingly long time getting super into that card game with the Einzbern maids.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

After Cursed Arm and Hundred Faces got short shrift in Stay/Night and Zero I'm so happy that Assassin can be cool now.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

I'd love a Platinum style fighting game in the Fate-verse.

Screaming Rules of Nature while Saber beats gently caress out of some giant Beast.

I guess there's the Extella musou games but they don't really click the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

The Sakura and Kohaku stuff makes more sense when you remember Nasu was a big Revolutionary Girl Utena fan

Fate/Extra CCC is basically Utena.

I've never actually watched Utena, but I did play CCC recently then read a review which made the comparison so it feels legit in light of this post.

Also, I just wanna say how much Archer owns in Extra and CCC. Dude really owns up to his traumas and failures and concludes he did the best he could and he'd do it again. I started the series thinking I'd use Caster or Saber just to get to know the characters better, but then I saw how if you say no to the "Are you my master?" question at the start the other two assume you're goofing around and carry on as normal while Archer peaces out and leaves you to die, I couldn't not pick him after that.