Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varinn
May 3, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

What would you prefer, trying to destroy the planet from beyond the grave? :confused:

You can hate the way you were treated by your enemies and wish you'd been able to beat them while also acknowledging that changing that isn't right.

This is why time travel plots can be extremely bad, though, because the writer creates a scenario where people have to Respect The Timeline Because of Consequences, and that means saying "well i guess i have to support terrible things happening because they already happened!"

all of the setting work that led to Geronimo having to choose between the extinction of mankind and the genocide of his people was created by the writers, and putting that character in that situation was a choice, and it sucked rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varinn
May 3, 2005

There's a huge gap between "making peace with the choices you made in your life, and the consequences from them" and "making peace with the people who hosed you over"

for instance, the conclusion of medea's arc isn't making peace with what jason did, it's getting a chance to experience a new loving relationship

Varinn
May 3, 2005

the specific point of shinji being shirou's friend has always struck me as hammering home HF's point about shirous bad ideology. the idea that he's dedicated himself to the idea being a hero, and having this sort of intensely passive selflessness that manifests as a convenient way to not have to reckon with the actual material things happening around him.

i think toning shinji down slightly is a good change, though. he can still be a monstrous shitheel AND be a victim of being raised wrong, as a joke

Varinn
May 3, 2005

grandpa hassan

Varinn
May 3, 2005

Medea's whole relationship with her master is intrinsically tied to her fate in the myths?? its like her whole deal??

Varinn
May 3, 2005

the most important herc lore is that bit from some apocrypha materials where they talk about how the greek grail war never got to start because everyone killed each other trying to get the heracles catalyst

Varinn
May 3, 2005

yeah i always assumed kirei's tribal sleeves of command spells were the insurance to stop servants from just leaving and loving up the ritual

Varinn
May 3, 2005

iirc fate and tsuki exist in different timelines, and the branch point is pretty far back, so not really

but that's generally true of everything, per nasu. if theres a discrepancy, its a different timeline, all of them are the canon timeline, dont worry too much about it

Varinn
May 3, 2005

strange fake can do whatever it wants because narita rules

also it had a big delay because he was literally hospitalized for awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varinn
May 3, 2005

narita will never stop introducing new characters, nor should he