Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

nuru posted:

I can't imagine that being written seriously.

I certainly don't think it was written seriously, but writing that poo poo then being a grinch makes you pretty punchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Toast posted:

I certainly don't think it was written seriously, but writing that poo poo then being a grinch makes you pretty punchable.

Fair point!

jomiel
Feb 19, 2008

nya

Doom Rooster posted:

Fess up time.

I emailed Bart last night, but Toast, I am your Santa. I sent out a bunch of awesome stuff: Local Farmer's Market goods, Texas Beers, Dried chilies, etc... on Dec 28th.

Unfortunately, when I searched my email for Bart's email with the info, I pulled up the info for the person from the LAST GWSS that I participated in, which I didn't realize until I saw Bart's latest email asking for a status. So, a certain other goon got some great stuff!

I will be sending out another package to you early next week after I have had a chance to go rebuy all of the stuff.

I am SO sorry Toast, completely my fault.

Oh hey, I'm the other goon! I just got an email from my previous apartment saying I have a package there, and was super confused when I opened the package...

That was a super surprise! :D Awesome goodies!

I'll send you something from San Francisco ;)

e: Toast I'd totally be up for sending you something in compensation too! Please PM me :)

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
i guess its over then?

i really should stop participating in these but i love giving things out. i guess i should just stop expecting the receiving part.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

oxyrosis posted:

i guess its over then?

i really should stop participating in these but i love giving things out. i guess i should just stop expecting the receiving part.

There were a few volunteers, maybe PM Bart to see if any of them got in touch.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Doom Rooster posted:

Fess up time.

I emailed Bart last night, but Toast, I am your Santa. I sent out a bunch of awesome stuff: Local Farmer's Market goods, Texas Beers, Dried chilies, etc... on Dec 28th.

Unfortunately, when I searched my email for Bart's email with the info, I pulled up the info for the person from the LAST GWSS that I participated in, which I didn't realize until I saw Bart's latest email asking for a status. So, a certain other goon got some great stuff!

I will be sending out another package to you early next week after I have had a chance to go rebuy all of the stuff.

I am SO sorry Toast, completely my fault.

Unfortunately one of the beers split in transit and another drained so everything was moldy and gross when it got here. I salvaged as much as I could and it looks great. For future reference though... putting that high a value on a gift leads to some scary duty if they don't exempt it. $57 dollars worth ><

Edit: Err on second glance the duty form lists NES Machine/Machinery Parts, is it possible they read the code on your amazon box then? ><

Toast fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 10, 2015

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Oh my god toast. PM me your address, I'll send you some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Echeveria posted:

Oh my god toast. PM me your address, I'll send you some poo poo.

No no no, it's all good. Just for future reference.

I'm guessing Doom Rooster put all this heavy stuff to disguise the fact that there was beer but heh, even if it's duty exempted they can be dicks and charge taxes and handling fees on it and they did. You're better off just saying 20 pounds of spices/jams and saying you ran out of space for the beer if they call you on it later. I'm going to try and appeal it and get most of it back but it came to the place and was signed for while I was on holiday so I may be out of luck on that.

• Locked thread