Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

The Devil Tesla posted:

Gender swap Arima and leave everything else the same.

Yes. Yes!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Yuri lie in April

still looking for that artist to help me with my doujins

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I know a guy who has spent thousands on paying artists to create his weird sexual fantasies

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'll have you know that it was only $782 and it got a rating of 4.8 on Furaffinity.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Hey guys what is the name of the piece emi plays for her preliminary?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

krampster2 posted:

I know a guy who has spent thousands on paying artists to create his weird sexual fantasies

This is literally how most video games start.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Razzled posted:

Hey guys what is the name of the piece emi plays for her preliminary?

i think its winter wind

Chopins etude in a minor (winter wind)

----------------

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think its winter wind

Chopins etude in a minor (winter wind)

Thank you Dick Spacious-shisho

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

here is the cd of all the classical music played in the show

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ESCL-4302

here it is on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Q7T_9vNNE

----------------

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just watched the last episode.

I pretty much expected that ending, but it still hit me pretty hard :smith:

Overall I'd say this is a very good anime, one of the best I've seen in the past few years. Good story, good character, stellar production values. Though the pacing suffers a bit in places.

Also it managed to make the dreaded Childhood Friend character the Best Character, so that's a point in the show's favour.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Hikaru Nara is definitely the best opening I've heard, I've had it stuck in my head for days now.

I did a really good job at avoiding spoilers in the few days it took me to binge watch this. I was really hoping Kaori wouldn't die and when she did, it really hit me really hard because despite knowing better I still was holding out on some hope. Her letter was what really got to me, especially when she was apologizing. This is the third time I've ever cried watching something too (Wolf Children and Up are the other two.. I have a theme)

I am definitely going to pick up the manga when it's available.

God gently caress this show :smith:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wolf Children was too weird/infuriating to make me cry. What got you in that one?

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Takoluka posted:

Wolf Children was too weird/infuriating to make me cry. What got you in that one?

Probably the capacity for empathy if I had to guess

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Harettazetta posted:

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Harettazetta posted:

Seriously though, the gently caress? Oh no they're wolves welp I guess I can't care about them in any way.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yawgmoft posted:

Seriously though, the gently caress? Oh no they're wolves welp I guess I can't care about them in any way.

What? I never said that.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Takoluka posted:

What? I never said that.

Then what did you say? I can understand the whole wolf children thing being weird, what did you possibly find so infuriating that it overrode your basic empathy?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ViggyNash posted:

Then what did you say? I can understand the whole wolf children thing being weird, what did you possibly find so infuriating that it overrode your basic empathy?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I just recall being so angry at the son (Ame?) that I forgot to be sad for the mom. She deserved better.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
But it's not like he directly wronged her, in any way. He chose his wolf nature over his human one not to spite his mom but because he truly believed it was his calling.

That said, his mom definitely deserved better than the life she got, but that's by no means her children's fault.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ViggyNash posted:

But it's not like he directly wronged her, in any way. He chose his wolf nature over his human one not to spite his mom but because he truly believed it was his calling.

That said, his mom definitely deserved better than the life she got, but that's by no means her children's fault.

Oh, absolutely. And seriously, I teared up in the scene where she discovered that her husband had been killed, but beyond that, I just got so frustrated with Ame and how his choosing his wolf side seemed to mean he totally abandoned her, instead of just leaving the nest.

I should probably watch it again though. It's been over a year.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Oh no, I didn't care about that part. Tbh, I thought the ending was kind of weak. it was the death of the wolf-man and the way they revealed it that got me. Like I said, a theme!!

Sorry about the incidental derail!

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Overall, a really beautiful show. Arguably, it belabours its theme a little, but I don't think it detracts from the high points.

Nate RFB posted:

Finally, it's in the past now but I don't think I ever got over how they handled both Kousei's mother and Kousei's trauma in general. No matter what the author's intentions were, and no matter what excuses the various characters made for why she did what she did and why they in the present "helped" Kousei the way they did, it still came off as subtle victim blaming and I never really bought the story's use of it as a means to develop Kousei.

Mixed feelings on this. Maybe it's a blind spot of the author, or maybe they simply chose to present reality without comment. Either way, how unaddressed it was is interesting in its own way.

The ending tugged the heartstrings, didn't quite bring me to tears, but I think only because of its inevitability. Angel Beats extracted tears from me though, so, you know, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

CuLT posted:

Overall, a really beautiful show. Arguably, it belabours its theme a little, but I don't think it detracts from the high points.

Mixed feelings on this. Maybe it's a blind spot of the author, or maybe they simply chose to present reality without comment. Either way, how unaddressed it was is interesting in its own way.

The ending tugged the heartstrings, didn't quite bring me to tears, but I think only because of its inevitability. Angel Beats extracted tears from me though, so, you know, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey now, Angel Beats was pretty sad! Though it hit me hardest at Otonashi's back story rather than the ending.

• Locked thread