Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
This thread needs more Tiramie and Moffle .gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Is that better?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

bubblegumbo0 posted:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
channeling Nichijou in that last one

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Episode 8 was fantastic. Tiramie and Macaron completely have the show.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Mascots carried this episode but I wish they'd stick more to park stuff instead of hijinks you can find in any highschool romcom show.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dunno, it'd be hard to get this kind of silliness in a regular high school romcom. Magical people disguises and ex-convict mascots aren't standard fare.

And man Tirami is a horny bastard.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Kyte posted:

Dunno, it'd be hard to get this kind of silliness in a regular high school romcom. Magical people disguises and ex-convict mascots aren't standard fare.

And man Tirami is a horny bastard.

In this show can you blame him?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I do like how they got his voice actor to imitate the stylings of the mascot characters as they pretended to be him. I thought it was pretty drat funny watching Kanye's rep getting more and more twisted.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This episode was several straight minutes of going "oh no". But it was oh so wonderful.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I see Miyazaki was in charge of this week's attraction.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't know why I've let myself fall a week behind on this show

I kinda love it.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

Pureauthor posted:

The Mascots carried this episode but I wish they'd stick more to park stuff instead of hijinks you can find in any highschool romcom show.

KyoAni are the best at doing highschool romcom since Fumoffu, this is their throne and all the others studios wish they were as good. It's usually when they go outside of high school romcom to the serious plotlines then the shows start to suffer, even here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bubblegumbo0 posted:

KyoAni are the best at doing highschool romcom since Fumoffu, this is their throne and all the others studios wish they were as good. It's usually when they go outside of high school romcom to the serious plotlines then the shows start to suffer, even here.

they were so good at it that they created the perfect show in Haruhi and should have just abandoned the genre completely after that

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
It's hard to abandon the genre that makes the most money.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

I don't know why I've let myself fall a week behind on this show

I kinda love it.
To be fair, Vivid fell nearly a week behind on the show too :v:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

To be fair, Vivid fell nearly a week behind on the show too :v:

the script for this episode was huge, and this is the only show not being simulcasted this season. i think it is still pretty great we got the show when we did even if there was a delay

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the script for this episode was huge, and this is the only show not being simulcasted this season. i think it is still pretty great we got the show when we did even if there was a delay
I was more surprised that some random dude from 4chan who got sick of waiting on Vivid got it subbed faster though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The random anon dude had it really in like 12 hours (not counting the wait for Vivid), Vivid didn't have any excuse.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How's "we're translating for free" as an excuse?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

People bitching about having to wait a little while for their totally legitimate and not at all pirated free fansubs is as old as time.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Kyte posted:

The random anon dude had it really in like 12 hours (not counting the wait for Vivid), Vivid didn't have any excuse.

My translator was busy with work all weekend and literally did not start until Monday. It happens.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
Episode 9 is out, back to the usual schedule this week.

Any episode that features pseudo-rhythm-games is a good episode.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I enjoyed this episode. The method to get the Elementarios to work together was so convoluted and did way more damage to the park than it should have, not to mention the 2nd half could've been paced a bit more slowly for the sake of more character interaction. Nonetheless, I thought the resolution wrapped things up decently enough and it got the point across what they had to fix between themselves. It's not as GOOD as the last few episodes, but it was passable.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was really disappointed they didn't resolve the last test by voting for each other in such a way that everyone got 1 vote.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dumbest security system ever. How exactly is the princess supposed to do that on her own? What if she needs food or water or medical attention? My immersion! :saddowns:

Salama didn't disappoint in the first one. :allears:

Sindai posted:

I was really disappointed they didn't resolve the last test by voting for each other in such a way that everyone got 1 vote.
Yeah, I was pretty much expecting the other three girls to have tried to betray each other at least since only one them was shown.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 28, 2014

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

So each test targeted one of their weaknesses.

Except Sylphy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sylphy has no weaknesses, beyond being a total space case.

One'd think she was actually a proper hire for the job!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It keeps bothering me cause I keep reading Elementario as Elementrio and I keep wondering why there are four of them in a trio.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kyte posted:

Sylphy has no weaknesses, beyond being a total space case.

One'd think she was actually a proper hire for the job!

She just did a little too much LDS back in the 70's.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Argas posted:

So each test targeted one of their weaknesses.

Except Sylphy.

To be fair, what kind of stage performance job requires speed-typing as a part of it?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I was somewhat expecting Fire to sheepishly reveal that she actually chose Earth in the final challenge, and vice versa.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sakurazuka posted:

She just did a little too much LDS back in the 70's.

What do Mormons have to do with anything? :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Like FMP this show is at its weakest when it tries to focus on the plot rather than the comedy.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Plus the princess has the most anime-as-gently caress sickness; a curse that drains her powers, slowly kills her, renders her physically weak, keeps her from aging, and erases her memory for the past year which happens to occur the day after the park's deadline. Bittersweet ending anybody?

Needs more three stooges goofing around though that heart-to-heart with Kanye and Moffle at the end was kind of sweet and touching. :unsmith:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Edward IV posted:

Plus the princess has the most anime-as-gently caress sickness
Haha, the laundry list of curses just made me think, "Wow, really..?" But I suppose I don't take it too seriously 'cause they're all magical fairy tale-esque creatures.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Edward IV posted:

Plus the princess has the most anime-as-gently caress sickness; a curse that drains her powers, slowly kills her, renders her physically weak, keeps her from aging, and erases her memory for the past year which happens to occur the day after the park's deadline. Bittersweet ending anybody?

Needs more three stooges goofing around though that heart-to-heart with Kanye and Moffle at the end was kind of sweet and touching. :unsmith:

In the LN it also makes her blind!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sounds like that wizard is definitely dead forever and won't be showing up any day now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
LN spoiler:

He already has.____________________________________________

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I just noticed that the new cast members get added to the openings. That's absolutely lovely.

• Locked thread