Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Thank you, Nintendo. Sometimes, when you get your game on, it's hard to remember how late into the night you've been playing. Thankfully, Nintendo has always got your back and warns you to take a break, maybe walk for a bit if you've been sitting down for a while, and to keep your eyes from getting stressed from staring at the TV too long. Don't forget to stay hydrated, too!

Nintendo cares about you. So why don't you take a break, imps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

PC Gamers don't take breaks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

'your late night playing has activated an in-game tip: go to bed'

best game

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
hell, maybe nintendo are right. we could all use a break to rest our eyes every now and then

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

You don't want your eyes to turn square, now do you, OP

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

No I will NOT take a break you human being you aren't my REAL DAD

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
What is this weak anti-gamer poo poo?

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
I can't take a break now, China must pay for their insults to our glorious Emperor! The Rising Sun will one day rise over Beijing!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

klapman posted:

What is this weak anti-gamer poo poo?

Sorry, respecting yourself, and respecting Nintendo, is EXTREMELY gamer.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Minrad posted:

Sorry, respecting yourself is EXTREMELY gamer.

incorrect

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Minrad posted:

Sorry, respecting yourself is EXTREMELY gamer.

Games are more important than me, in fact

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

putting yourself over games is like bringing disrespect to your family

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
gently caress you bitch i'll play 'till i drop dead

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Haven't you got work

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
when there ARE things like bedpans and there ARE things like microwave meals taking a break is INEXCUSABLE op so gently caress YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

when there ARE things like bedpans and there ARE things like microwave meals taking a break is INEXCUSABLE op so gently caress YOU

call me when you graduate to Depends small son

you have much to learn

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
You aren't my real dad video games!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i take breaks from playing video games to post about video games

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I don't even take a break from video games when I do that.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If I listened to these I wouldn't have been able to 100% Persona 2 Eternal Punishment and I wouldn't have like 8 million posts here.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I'll take breaks when it is an achievement.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, though, you have played the game for a long time. Don't you have anything else to do with your time?

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Don't tell me what to do u loving tweety bird weathervane I am going to die of a blood clot like a true gamer legend

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's awesome, the WiiU straight up overrides a game and prompts a message that you should take a break? Owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That's awesome, the WiiU straight up overrides a game and prompts a message that you should take a break? Owns

no they just include it in a lot of their games, link between worlds will tell you sometimes when you go to save

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Guild Wars did this and the messages got more and more aggressive over time until they weren't phrasing it as a suggestion anymore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

no
a non-intrusive little message pops up sometimes in game menus

there's no overriding or anything

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Guild Wars did this and the messages got more and more aggressive over time until they weren't phrasing it as a suggestion anymore

That's because Koreans have a habit of playing for 50 hours straight, standing up, and falling over dead when the blood clot hits their heart.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just remembered one time i posted "who are the ad wizards who came up with this one" in the wii u hate thread and someone in there actually told me who nintendos ad agency is

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Pretty much every Nintendo game since the Wii involves an in game message or character telling you its time to go outside and stop playing video games

Its kind of hosed up if you think about it

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

i just remembered one time i posted "who are the ad wizards who came up with this one" in the wii u hate thread and someone in there actually told me who nintendos ad agency is

I remember in the Wii U normal discussion thread someone mentioned how it's an optional feature that the gamepad occasionally lights up to display sales when the system is off and it launched into a long argument.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

I remember in the Wii U normal discussion thread someone mentioned how it's an optional feature that the gamepad occasionally lights up to display sales when the system is off and it launched into a long argument.

i got mad about that when i was lying in bed after eye surgery and it lit up my room lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

elf help book posted:

i got mad about that when i was lying in bed after eye surgery and it lit up my room lol

That would be legitimately annoying as hell. I sympathize.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

PC Gamers don't take breaks.

I had to take abreak yesterday after ym left wrist really started to hurt... is this the end for a 22 year old pc gamer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Omar_Comin posted:

That's because Koreans have a habit of playing for 50 hours straight, standing up, and falling over dead when the blood clot hits their heart.

Just another reminder of the awful conditions the Kim family (Glory Be Unto Them) is sparing the people of north Korea from. When will the world stand up and take notice???

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I feel focused

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

*presses start or a or whatever and continues to game hard*

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

*presses start or a or whatever and continues to game hard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
What game you should play when you're buzzing like poo poo like headshot city and chiptunes blaring in the background get in the ring domination loving poo poo goddamit what

• Locked thread