Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
ive gotta plow through zelda because it's gotta go back this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
why dont you own a 3ds

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
smash
link between worlds
ocarina 3d
fire emblem awakening
mario 3d land

why don't you own a 3ds?

the only acceptable answer is the dsi style refresh in 2015, but you can get a 2ds for around $100

don't deny yourself

ps: smoke weed

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
because i gave mine to the hospital last year that isnt the point tho

does link between worlds suck if you rush it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
link between worlds is fine if you rush it because you can't skip anything important

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

thuly posted:

not really, since it follows the delightful game design principle: do the objective that sounds the most fun.

go north if you want an early challenge

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the story is also neat. i like it.

the final boss' gimmick doesn't work until a certain part which is a dick move if you figure it out beforehand

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
There's a couple optional things that are worth doing and a couple that really aren't (collecting all the stupid snail fuckers). It's a great game

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod210018 buy this

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Plowing through Zelda is good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Plowing Zelda is good.

:mrgw:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

thuly posted:

It takes like a day to beat even uf you don't

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
i liked the puzzle where you went into the wall

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Get a new 3ds immediately

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

i liked the puzzle where you went into the wall

"puzzles" that are "go into wall, go right. If that doesn't work, go left" 90% of the time.

goty

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

I like how link is 2d when the view is 3d that's pretty clever

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

thuly posted:

That's cool of you. I think you've earned enough karma to just keep this one

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

"puzzles" that are "go into wall, go right. If that doesn't work, go left" 90% of the time.

goty

:thejoke:

it wasn't a very good game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

:thejoke:

it wasn't a very good game

I was agreeing

with your joke

it was a good game though imo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hero mode is rough and I got one shot from six hearts

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

PantsBandit posted:

I was agreeing

with your joke

I sold my copy off as soon as I beat it. Nothing of value was lost.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

why dont you own a 3ds

probably because he's an adult

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I was agreeing

with your joke

sorry i have a hard time telling with zelda opinions sometimes. idk i think it had some pretty decent ideas but the actual dungeon design was piss poor because instead of doing the cool and fun thing by relying on all the tools you have they went the unfun route and assumed you'd have none of them so every single dungeon plays like the first one of the game in terms of relative complexity. The bandit caves were neat and the trials in the castle were too but really if they just took the combat system and transplanted it into a better game I would be happy.

No Such Thing posted:

hero mode is rough and I got one shot from six hearts

I didn't like this at all but I'm also biased against any hard mode that's just "take more damage" instead of "new mechanics are introduced"

consequently i don't like a lot of hard modes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

probably because he's an adult

why

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

because carrying childrens gaming toys with you when youre in your late 20s or 30s is really pathetic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

because carrying childrens gaming toys with you when youre in your late 20s or 30s is really pathetic

why would anyone want to be an adult

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

That's why you don't carry it with you but rather huddle over it at night, where nobody can see your shame.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

That's why you don't carry it with you but rather huddle over it at night, where nobody can see your shame.

Pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pussy.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

why not just play wii u then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you play games and think you should be ashamed of them you probably need to be put out of your misery or talk to a therapist, or at least think about how actually childish that is. If you don't play games why are you in this forum.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

why not just play wii u then

all handhelds are cool and wii u is an honorary handheld

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think people who act like their in middle school still are in serious danger of being sex offenders, and must be stopped.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I think people who act like their in middle school still are in serious danger of being sex offenders, and must be stopped.

if i was acting like i was still in middle school i would be playing pokemon under my desk on my game boy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

if i was acting like i was still in middle school i would be playing pokemon under my desk on my game boy

Doing something innocuous but hiding it from the world is acting like your in middle school, which is what half these "Gamers" in this forum do with themselves. Wasn't nothing against you matey, your a true gamer through in through.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

link between worlds was a very good game and better than some recent zelda titles, although it lacked any memorable characters like Groose was which is a shame

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm a gamer in sheeple's clothing

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

This is probably better than minish cap unless it takes a huge poo poo later

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I like that the dungeons felt connected to the world as opposed to unique zones like in other Zelda games. It was cool when you'd go through a door in a dungeon and you'd be back in the overworld and then you'd go through another door and be further into the dungeon.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Same op except I bought it and my parents are really mad :smith:

• Locked thread