Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Ballz posted:

Not too surprising, though, since Arienne was ditched. They might have another character take on that role, however.

Kind of excited at the new Tyrion/Varys interactions we'll be having... even if Varys' loyalties will be changed from the books.

What do you mean; he's still loyal to the mermen in both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

BillBear posted:

Some hopeful *desperate* people believe Mel will revive his corpse afterwards and Jon will assign him his mission then.

Only problem is... he would be mostly charred bones.

Does this mean Mance is going to be one of those wacky CGI skeletons for the rest of the season?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Does LF getting called back to King's Landing mean he is going to take the spot of Kevan and get crossbowed by Varys at the end?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Is Barristan actually dead? I mean they went out of their way to not have his throat slit. Maybe he's just taking an old man nap?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Atreiden posted:

It could technically also be Mance, since it's Rattleshirt, disguised to look like Mance, with Melisandras glamour magic, who is burned in the book. I kept waiting for something to show this in the episode. But since a quick google search told me Rattleshirt hasn't been in the show since season 3, I guess this is another cut plotline.

Rattleshirt was shown in one of the trailers.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I'm going to guess Meryn (loving) Trant is going to be killed by Arya this season because he's traveling to Bravos with Mace Tyrell. Maybe he's the actor who complained that he was killed off while he's still alive in the book.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

BillBear posted:

Whoever is going to face Robert Strong is 100% hosed. I can't think of anyone who would be stupid enough to fight him in the High Sparrow's name either.

Headless-Oberyn Martell

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I just realized Qyburn asks to use that dwarf's head for his experiments. Is that going to be Robert Strong's new head?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

lifts cats over head posted:

There's an extended scene available on the Blu-Ray where they linger on the last shot of the Hound and he looks directly at the camera and winks.

The camera then pans around "that rock" and reveals a hiding maester who also looks directly at the camera and winks.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

He's not dead, he's just pining for the fjords.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Varys set the whole thing up, giving Tywin a laxitive to have him sit on the privy for a long time

Does the laxative cancel out the constipation poison that Oberyn snuck into Tywin's food?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
The next episode is going to have a minute long scene of Olly sharpening a knife with a whetstone and then looking directly at the camera a nodding.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Did anyone else get the impression that Mel started the camp fires instead of Ramsay and his "20 good men"? I mean the scene starts with her looking into the fire and the fires just seem to appear out of thin air like magic.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Tyene seduces Bronn and he proceeds to cut off Myrcella's ear.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
So if I remember correctly there are suppose to be four TV only deaths this season and I think we're only at three right now: Barristan, Shireen and Hizdahr(?). Who is the last one going to be? Or is it just going to be that Jon for-real dies?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Oh right, forgot about him.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Arrrthritis posted:

What's your source on this info?

I seem to remember hearing that Ep. 10 was going to be a bloodbath.

I don't have a source; I just remember hearing it a few times in this thread.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Drunk in Space posted:

Reminder that it has to be "20 good men" specifically. Yara had 50 of the "best killers" and was forced to flee from a shirtless maniac and his dogs.

Stannis had his shirt on and didn't have any dogs.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
What if it's just Bronn in a mask doing a Christian Bale voice?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
So Ramsay made no comment about his 20 good men burning Stannis's food so I guess it's still possible Mel was the one who actually started the fires.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Normy posted:

Did I misinterpret the Brienne and Stannis scene? It seemed like she was struck in the back right as she was about to swing her sword at Stannis.

That was Varys randomly shooting crossbow bolts from Mereen trying to hit Kevan.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

I wonder, why doesnt anyone sail from the western side of Westeros to Asshai or to the eastern parts of Essos.

Seems like sailing is only done in the narrow sea going east.

The world is flat, they'll just fall off!

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Are they going to cast Bryan Cranston to play the role of Walter Whitewalker?

1-800-DOCTORB fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 2, 2015

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Turns out Ser Pounce was Azor Ahai all along

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Archers at the bottom can hit Night's Watch at the top.

Well when you have a bunch of giants with Dragonslayer Greatbows...

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

lifts cats over head posted:

It seems like Ian McShane won't be Randyll Tarly. Now I'm not really sure who he'll be. Any thoughts?

Ser Robert Strong

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Where did all these Stark men come from? I thought they were all dead/trapped below the neck. Is Jon dressing the wildlings up as Stark men?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

bobjr posted:

So what are the odds of Potato Boy surviving a Jon Snow revival?

He's going to take one look at Olly and say "Ed, fetch me a block"

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I hope the first scene this season is just Blackfish coming back from taking his piss completely unaware of what happened the last two seasons.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Beeez posted:

I identify with Carl Drogo the most, on accounta I'm an alpha male with a huge dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
What if Davos and Mel find Jon's dead body next season but instead of resurrecting him they just carry his corpse around everywhere pretending he's still alive like in Weekend at Bernie's.

• Locked thread