Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Hm, I'm having trouble. I just started and I have waterbending, and it kinda feels like all I can safely do is do light attacks, dodge and block/counter. Using heavy attacks/that ice waterbending attack you buy from the shop/charging anything just leads to me getting my face smacked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Once I got earthbending the game was way easier. It remained my favourite bending style for a while because of the high damage stunning attacks that were great for just grinding a single enemy into dust. Then firebending came along for rapid attacks to complement the slow, smashy style of earthbending. Aaaaand then I got airbending which is just fantastic. It seems like waterbending is meant to be ranged damage with the water whip to drag enemies close for an earth/firebending pummeling, earthbending is big powerful hits, firebending is speed and some mobility and airbending is...ranged damage, aoe damage, crowd control AND mobility all in one package. It's pretty ridiculous.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I think it's a bit odd they start you off with waterbending since it's pretty much only useful for ranged attacks compared to the other 3.

The avatar cycle goes water, earth, fire, air and then back to water. And if she wasn't the Avatar, Korra would presumably be just a waterbender. Does make me kinda wish that waterbending got some melee stuff, though. Tonraq's style of waterbending seems like it'd work great in a combat orientated game.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
This fight with the two giant spirits is loving awful. It's some real fake difficulty, because I can't loving SEE half the time because there's two huge things in a small arena.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Emalde posted:

That's why they have the bright glowing red outline to let you know when to counter.

Doesn't help me all that much when I can't see when it's about to connect on account of barely being able to tell where I actually am. And besides I cheesed the fight with good old airbending.

• Locked thread