Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH WILL BE THE MAIN EVENT OF HELL IN A CELL
This poll is closed.
John Cena vs. Randy Orton 71 36.98%
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose 121 63.02%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

RAW RESULTS

Ambrose came out to start the show. Said nobody can stop him from getting to Seth Rollins. Cena came out and told him to shut up. HHH & Steph bantered for a while about nothing and then booked:

TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
John Cena & Dean Ambrose vs. Goldust & Stardust vs. Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso

This was an OK match. John Cena got the pin on Stardust with the AA.

HHH & Steph immediately come back out. Decide to take Ambrose & Cena off the PPV and books the match for tonight. He makes it NO DQ as well.

DIVA TAG MATCH
AJ Lee & Layla vs. Paige & Alicia Fox

One of those matches where entrances go longer than the actual match. Before the match started they showed a video of AJ teaming with Layla because she hates everybody but hates Layla the LEAST. They hug. Wrasslormonkey made a good gif of the hug.

Layla jumped off the apron immediately when AJ tried to tag out. AJ immediately got back on offense and pinned Alicia Fox after her version of the Shining Wizard.

AJ beat the poo poo out of Layla afterwards. Side note: Layla looked gorgeous.

Orton confronts HHH/Steph backstage. Says he wants a match at HIAC also. HHH says whoever loses Cena/Ambrose will face Orton in a HIAC match. Holy poo poo Meltzer was right.

MATCH NUMBER 3
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

Really good match with lots of nearfalls. Seth Rollins came out to stir tension between him and Orton. Orton pinned Dolph Ziggler after an RKO.

After the match Seth got in Orton's face. He stared him down, then gave Dolph a Curb Stomp.

MATCH NUMBER 4
Seth Rollins vs. Jack Swagger

Another pretty good match. Orton came out for the same reason Seth did earlier. Rollins won via Rollup -> PULLING THE TIGHTS

Immediately after the match Orton gave Swagger an RKO.

LANA & RUSEV are here! Lana talks about American History & Columbus Day.

Her opinion is "That's not very nice." and she calls out Atlanta for having a lovely baseball team.

GRUDGE MATCH FOR AMERICA
Big Show vs. Rusev

THE FANS ARE DOING THE TOMAHAWK CHOP AND BIG SHOW IS LEADING THEM ON.

This lead to a lot of posts in the GDT about The Atlanta Braves & The Cleveland Indians.

Rusev got Big Show in the Accolade. He was pretty much dead. Mark Henry came out to root him on and Rusev let go of the Accolade to attack him.

Rusev got the Accolade locked back in and Mark Henry broke it up for the DQ.

After the match Mark Henry & Big Show ganged up on Rusev and Big Show knocked him out with a punch. Show & Henry left together to Show's music. Yep.

Sheamus is out for his weekly cool match. They decide to interview this guy with a show named Chrisley. He knows best. He talked about his kids.

Oh no Sheamus is facing Miz. Maybe he'll hit him extra hard.

WEEKLY SHEAMUS MATCH / WEEKLY MIZ MATCH
Sheamus vs. The Miz w/ Damien Mizdow

Mizdow was doing his thing. Finish was Sheamus sending Miz to the outside. He crawled under the ring as did Mizdow. Sheamus pulled out Mizdow and Mizdow distracted him (and took a Brogue Kick) as Miz went to the other side and climbed back in the ring. The Ref counted to 10.

Oatgan says Chrisley was already gone during this match.

The Miz wins by Count Out

Some girl named NeNe Leakes hung out with a bunch of divas backstage. The heel divas came up. Cameron got in Nene's face. Told her GIRL BYE. That was the segment.

TOTAL DIVAS 6 DIVA TAG TEAM MATCH
Brie Bella, Natalya & Naomi w/ Rosa Mendes vs. Nikki Bella, Summer Rae & Cameron

NeNe Leakes came out. Ring announcer introduced her. The faces clapped for her. The heels did not.

Nikki Bella still doing mock-YES chants to get some sort of reaction.

Match went a little over 3:30. Brie Bella pinned Nikki Bella with an X-Factor.

HHH & Steph came out before commercial.

WWE DYK is replaced with WATCH THIS ON THE NETWORK. I like it a lot more.

WWE POLE NO DQ MATCH
John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose

Seth Rollins came out. Randy Orton came out. Kane came out. Bell rings.

People interfered. Ambrose got the contract.

Everyone stared each other down to end the show.

The End.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Orton/Cena Hell in a Cell 2014 will be their 21st televised WWE match, 10th on PPV, 2nd time in a Cell. :eng101:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
good op matt

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I'll settle for Ambrose being smarter than Cena.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins in the Hell in the Cell. They did the right thing. Holy poo poo I can't wait.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

raw was fine. ambrose and rollins are gonna tear it up in the cell

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They did the right thing, but in a very disappointing way.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
That felt like a good raw, it had good wrestling in my opinion.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The Landstander posted:

Orton/Cena Hell in a Cell 2014 will be their 21st televised WWE match, 10th on PPV, 2nd time in a Cell. :eng101:

Technically if you want to count the times they faced each other in every other type of match, its their 77th match together.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=161&page=2

78 or 79 depending on if they face each other in a tag match on RAW or SD in the next two weeks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I said if it meant Ambrose winning, Russo this poo poo up. My point stands, and I'm happy with the outcome, but that was still mad anticlimactic. I guess they might wanna do a more legit Cena/Ambrose down the line, which would be remarkably forward thinking of them.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

The Landstander posted:

What's the win/loss record?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I said if it meant Ambrose winning, Russo this poo poo up. My point stands, and I'm happy with the outcome, but that was still mad anticlimactic. I guess they might wanna do a more legit Cena/Ambrose down the line, which would be remarkably forward thinking of them.

The ending was anticlimactic but Ambrose being all snarky about it made it worthwhile.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

i think they clearly want ambrose to be a star so yeah cena and ambrose does seem like an inevitable program in the future

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Fun time for my first RAW but traffic is gonna be poo poo so I may not make it home.

I'll just fly out with Ambrose.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Barreft posted:

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins in the Hell in the Cell. They did the right thing. Holy poo poo I can't wait.

Wonder which match will close the show?

Incidentally, end some midcard feuds already. Or progress them in ways other than having the participants fight three times per week to build a PPV match.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Holy poo poo you guys are negative. Dean was the star the whole night, and now gets to kick Seth's rear end, win or loss in the Cell.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The first 2 hours and 20 minutes were awesome and then it ran out of steam.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So glad they did the right thing. Also, unrelated: Miz/Sandow should be a legit tag team and go after the belts.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

The first 2 hours and 20 minutes were awesome and then it ran out of steam.

i know it seems crazy, but imagine if raw were a two hour program every week. wouldn't that be something

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I felt like raw was boring tonight but that's just me. Glad Ambrose won though.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i only saw the second half and i'm furious Chrisley didn't get to punch The Miz

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Thank god Cena lost. The Ambrose thing has been fun, but the Ambrose/Rollins thing needed to end in a Cell. It's the only way.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Uh excuse me matt, but paige is still challenging aj le.e cesaro is challening dolph and miz is challenging heamus. good job fuckin ti up matt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Also Dean vs. Cena was a bad "match"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope they keep the inevitable real Cena/Ambrose match face/face, or at least tweener/face. Dean is in Punk territory, where he's going to be popular with a pretty sizable chunk of the crowd for the rest of his career IMO, especially against Cena.

Also, watching this opening for the first time I actually like the ending better than before. Cena was an overconfident condescending prick and paid for it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There's just enough time for Dean to jump out of one more box to beat up Seth.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

DarkstarIV posted:

Technically if you want to count the times they faced each other in every other type of match, its their 77th match together.
Whoops, should've said singles match.

Jonny Angel posted:

What's the win/loss record?
Cena 11, Orton 7, Draw 2

Though actually without DQs/NCs, it's tied 6-6. Best of 13 series to be completed!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I wonder what the hell they do with Rusef now. I mean, he's beaten both Big Show and Mark Henry multiple times. Who is a credible threat to GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA? Not counting the Rock, who was apparently a one-off.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wonder what the hell they do with Rusef now. I mean, he's beaten both Big Show and Mark Henry multiple times. Who is a credible threat to GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA? Not counting the Rock, who was apparently a one-off.

Cena.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Would.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm weirded out that ambrose has a physique

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jon Moxley and Tyler Black are going to do unspeakable violence to one another in the main event of a WWE PPV in the year 2014.

Can't wait.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I wonder if Cena would avoid the "mixed reaction" he normally gets or if the crowd would just chant for Lana.

If Rusef actually did cause a universally positive cheering crowd for Cena (or at least for USA USA USA), does that make him the greatest heel possible?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Leave the memories alone :smith:

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cena/Orton and Ambrose/Rollins will both be ****+ encounters. Ambrose/Rollins SHOULD close the show, but not sure it will.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Leave the memories alone :smith:

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Cena/Orton and Ambrose/Rollins will both be ****+ encounters. Ambrose/Rollins SHOULD close the show, but not sure it will.

cena and orton have had good matches in the past (most recently i really liked their tlc match last year) but i'm not entirely confident it'll be a ****+ affair, but it'd be nice if they could surprise us

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope the crowd hijacks Cena/Orton like they did at the Rumble

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I wonder if Cena would avoid the "mixed reaction" he normally gets or if the crowd would just chant for Lana.

If Rusef actually did cause a universally positive cheering crowd for Cena (or at least for USA USA USA), does that make him the greatest heel possible?

Depends on how they build it. Rusev and Lana will need to do some pretty heinous stuff to get people to go full-blown patriotic in order to support Cena. Coming out every Raw/Smackdown to talk poo poo about local sports teams won't cut it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I was so worried that they may have put Cena over on the PPV. That they hosed that and just had Dean win tonight is amazing. WWE bores me so much at times but Hell in the Cell with Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. All I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

cena and orton have had good matches in the past (most recently i really liked their tlc match last year) but i'm not entirely confident it'll be a ****+ affair, but it'd be nice if they could surprise us

I mean that's why I said I'm goin' out on a limb. I know it's a long shot for sure but I think Orton and Cena will go balls to the wall and surprise everyone because they know Ambrose and Rollins will.

My question: assuming Dean goes over (which he should and I think he will) what's his next feud? I think Rollins will beat a newly turned Orton to build him back up, but am honestly unsure what Dean does.

• Locked thread