Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Harrow posted:

I wish i had a Wii U

I want so many Wii U games

buy one. Or aren't you a Real Gamer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

buy one. Or aren't you a Real Gamer?

i want to be. i want to be a Real Gamer. i bought a PS4 a couple months ago though so i'm all "b-but fiscal responsibility"

I will almost certainly buy one next month when Smash Bros comes out so I can play it with my pals and bust out all my old GameCube controllers

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Harrow posted:

i want to be. i want to be a Real Gamer. i bought a PS4 a couple months ago though so i'm all "b-but fiscal responsibility"

I will almost certainly buy one next month when Smash Bros comes out so I can play it with my pals and bust out all my old GameCube controllers

poor.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

:smith:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Harrow posted:

i bought a PS4 a couple months ago though so i'm all "b-but fiscal responsibility"

Here's your problem, you bought an expensive machine that's still useless instead of a good games machine

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Here's your problem, you bought an expensive machine that's still useless instead of a good games machine

yes in retrospect it was a grave error. i should've waited until bloodborne came out at least.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Harrow posted:

i bought a PS4 a couple months ago though so i'm all "b-but fiscal responsibility"

LOL at this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

LOL at this

yes :agreed:

i am truly a fool worthy of derision

can't even see the irony of my own posts

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Wii U is a good video game machine full of fun games, such as Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, and coming soon, Bayonetta 2. And there's a lot of other fun games out now and in the future. :)

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The Wonderful 101 is like Bayonetta 2 if Umbran Climax is activated all the time.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bayonetta 2 is going to own hard

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to play Tropical Freeze but I didn't get Donkey Kong Country Returns when it came out and now I try to play it but I feel the need to 100% it so I lose interest and don't play

I'm going to do the same thing with Bayonetta 1/2

Somebody please help me

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gimbal lock posted:

Yeah but all current gen systems are useless until the year 2015: A Gaming renaissance

Like seriously you think people are gonna give a poo poo about New Super Mario Wii-U when Zelda Skyrim comes out? Hell no.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Liquid Penguins posted:

I'm going to smoke all the weed and slay all the angels I can't loving wait

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

After the lame twitter thread I am now even more in love with Bayonetta.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

We're not in the Imp Zone any longer, so behave yourselves.

Liquid Penguins posted:

I'm going to smoke all the weed and slay all the angels I can't loving wait

Use wicked weed to make Wicked Weaves.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 14, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Level Slide posted:

We're not in the Imp Zone any longer, so behave yourselves.

gently caress the police

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

This link needs to be in every Wii U related thread:
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You can snag the system for around 200 and under now in some places.

At that price it only takes 8-10 20 dollar games to match the cost of the system. Which is pretty decent.

Like all good gamers, wait for sales and don't pay MSRP. Carve this into your skull in reverse so every time you look in the mirror you can know what truth looks like.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Seriously I mocked the Wii U relentlessly but it really has nailed it. For 200 bucks it's not even a question, and it excels at being a console. Plus you can pick up cheap Wii poo poo from garage sales and get 3 controllers for less than 40 dollars. DO IT.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Seriously I mocked the Wii U relentlessly but it really has nailed it. For 200 bucks it's not even a question, and it excels at being a console. Plus you can pick up cheap Wii poo poo from garage sales and get 3 controllers for less than 40 dollars. DO IT.

Honestly it took like 3 years for it to finally nail something.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy god drat yes. Best videogames thing I've seen all week.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

Holy god drat yes. Best videogames thing I've seen all week.

Real talk, it took me 4 days to get mine and there wasnt even a fingerprint on it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Flying Milton posted:

Real talk, it took me 4 days to get mine and there wasnt even a fingerprint on it.

They're all overstock, they're brand new systems that were sent back to the company.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Bayonetta threads are gonna keep degenerating into gay rear end feminism debates cuz there's still 10 days before the game come out. Probably should just wait till like a day or two before release.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Time to see what's up in the Bayo 2 threa-

wait

something's...different

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Assume regular routine, citizen.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I loving love Games mods

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I look forward to playing Bayonetta 2 very much :)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

notZaar posted:

Bayonetta threads are gonna keep degenerating into gay rear end feminism debates cuz there's still 10 days before the game come out. Probably should just wait till like a day or two before release.

That's why you gotta keep talking about it in as many other threads as possible.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

I look forward to playing Bayonetta 2 very much :)

How is your sister doing? Do your parents still own that radiator?

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I have a series of questions. Why did the posts turn bad? What is the imp zone, and why did the first thread get moved there? Is it where we put bad content threads? Why are 50% of posts in this new still bad?

This is something awful.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bayonetta is a really sexy mama.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

im not gonna play the demo, but i will buy the game when it comes out so i can play bayonetta 1 first.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Earnestly posted:

I have a series of questions. Why did the posts turn bad? What is the imp zone, and why did the first thread get moved there? Is it where we put bad content threads? Why are 50% of posts in this new still bad?

This is something awful.

The posts were ok, even the sexism discussion was relatively civil; but I guess the mods knew it wouldn't last and decided to cut to the chase.

For the love of the game. For the love of the site. For SomethingAwful.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

The posts were ok, even the sexism discussion was relatively civil; but I guess the mods knew it wouldn't last and decided to cut to the chase.

For the love of the game. For the love of the site. For SomethingAwful.

I'm pretty sure it was just done because Kewpuh thinks it's funny. And he is correct.

Like nobody noticed when the dota threads were swapped.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm pretty sure it was just done because Kewpuh thinks it's funny. And he is correct.

Haha, so this was a thing already? I didn't know, I don't go into the Imp Zone.

You can get killed in one shotgun blast there, y'know

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the discount for buying both Bayonetta 1&2 on the EU eshop? I don't think I'll want to get both on the same day. OTOH, since Nintendo are shitheads, I'll end up having to put 60 quid on my account anyway, so I may as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm just sad he didn't change the title to "Welcome to MY Imp Zone!" when he did it.

• Locked thread