Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Evil Eagle posted:

You're getting shanked.

Oh poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Actually I'm an idiot and thought I entered the Hyrule Warriors thread. Oops.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I'm seriously digging that Killscreen review linked in the last page: it took me a while to sink my teeth into Bayonetta because I couldn't quite "get" it's aesthetic. My benchmark was Devil May Cry 3/4 Dante, but while both characters had a whole lot of fun at the expense of their enemies and were clearly doing what the did mostly for the sake of amusing themselves Bayonetta had a sort of sadistic streak that seemed to tie in with the overt sexuality of the game that sort of put me off it for a long while (among other things, though only at the time. I've since figured out most of the odd systems and miscellaneous grievances). It wasn't until the cutscene wherein Luka rescues Cereza and he, Cereza and the cat doll all get little eye twinkles that the game really snapped into place for me: the review was right, we are looking at the world through Bayonetta's own (Fe)male Gaze and seeing the world as she does, and once you accept that everything seriously starts to make sense. Of course you're going to dominatrix-torture an angel to death and then blow a kiss to dispel a holy seal, that's just how Bayonetta rolls and how the world rolls around her.

I am really drat excited for this game, having gotten hot off the heels of Wonderful 101's hard mode. Shame I won't be able to afford it for a few weeks yet due to money. :(

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Personally, I always thought Bayonetta felt a lot more like Viewtiful Joe than Devil May Cry, probably because of the slow-mo and emphasis on dodging.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kamiya finally chimed in on Anita announcing she's doing a video.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kamiya is powerful

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he's being exactly the kind of person I imagine created Dante and Bayonetta. He also doesn't need to give a gently caress about any controversy his comments create in America.

Aw snap somebody got mad about my posts.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"Hey, you know who likes to get dragged into fights on twitter? Hideki Kamiya."

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Broseph Brostar posted:

I'm pretty sure that there is no local coop.

There were a couple mentions it had local co-op, but I think most of them were before the game was out in Japan... I heard it has the same 2 screen type of deal as Hyrule Warriors like a month ago, anyhow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like how, after tons of people bitching, he has a far more reasonable response than the actual people flipping out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Count Uvula posted:

There were a couple mentions it had local co-op, but I think most of them were before the game was out in Japan... I heard it has the same 2 screen type of deal as Hyrule Warriors like a month ago, anyhow.

Yeah, they definitely mentioned that as something that might be in the final game but it didn't end up happening.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kamiya-san!!!! inspire me further!!!

You fill my dark soul with light

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Crazy people are just throwing dumb questions at him recently and he's responding quite appropriately:

:psyduck:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If you want to play a Platinum game with a dark-skinned protagonist (who is also a woman), The Legend of Korra comes out tomorrow. Sure it was developed in less than a year and the actual gameplay segments look pretty janky, but it'll surely tide you over until Bayonetta 2 comes out this weekend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if it doesn't, Level Slide?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

What if it doesn't, Level Slide?

Then your life will be suffering for 4 days.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

What if it's even BETTER than bayonetta 2?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Then your life will be suffering for 4 days.

The four longest days of my life, ImpAtom.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

lmao

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also since this is the new thread here is the new Climax theme we've known about forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOcw_F5xuJM

It's even better than Fly me to the moon, imho.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It won't even be better than Madworld.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Also since this is the new thread here is the new Climax theme we've known about forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOcw_F5xuJM

It's even better than Fly me to the moon, imho.

Agreed.

I am going to play Bayonetta 2 for 4 days straight before I have to go back to work. If anyone wants some Tag Climax, hit me up.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It won't even be better than Madworld.

Ouch!

I can't even buy it yet in the UK - despite it ostensibly coming online in 17 hours or something. Steam please!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I told my mom about the no co-op thing. Thankfully, she didn't shank me, but I'm not allowed to play the game while not in her presence, which is better than being shanked so I'm pretty much cool with it.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Are there actually reviews for the Korra game out?

I mean it will at least be the best Avatar property game ever and madworld isn't even a bad game the hell is wrong with you people!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Madworld is bad, Pbaby. I love that game to death, but it is very tedious.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Madworld is like 3 hours long.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wish all Platinum games were three hours long.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
No no

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Evil Eagle posted:

Madworld is like 3 hours long.

Thankfully, there's no space harrier.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How dare you all talk that way about Hideki Kamiya's Pro Brawler. I hope all of your Wii Us fry when Bayonetta 2 comes out :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bayo 2 isn't a Kamiya game and Ninja Gaiden Black is still a better game than Bayo anyhow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bayo 2 isn't a Kamiya game and Ninja Gaiden Black is still a better game than Bayo anyhow.

WOW

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
These wyld rear end posts

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I told my mom about the no co-op thing. Thankfully, she didn't shank me, but I'm not allowed to play the game while not in her presence, which is better than being shanked so I'm pretty much cool with it.

What is it like having a mom who is cooler than you and, frankly, anyone in this thread?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

chumbler posted:

What is it like having a mom who is cooler than you and, frankly, anyone in this thread?

Honestly? Pretty awesome.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bujingai is better than Blood Will Tell. There, I said it, it's done.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Man, if ever there was an IP that needed to come back...it's not Bujingai, but they should make a new one anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have gotten pure platinum on the first two verses twice only to get hosed by Gomorrah's dumb attacks that he pulls out of his butt at the top of the skyscraper.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Bujingai is better than Blood Will Tell. There, I said it, it's done.

I can't believe you prefer Kengo: Legend of the Nine over Seven Samurai 20XX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Golden Goat posted:

Crazy people are just throwing dumb questions at him recently and he's responding quite appropriately:

:psyduck:

Black Bayonetta would just be Lana from Archer

• Locked thread