Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Anyone else having trouble getting Bayonetta 1 to show up for the discounted price after purchasing 2 on the eShop?

Same, it seems to be busted for everyone. Because, y'know, Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's possible that the discount won't be active until noon or whenever their usual update happens.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

For now, I guess just buy whichever one you want to play first, and wait it out. If you pay too much now, you might end up having to call them to fix the charge or give you a credit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Supercar Gautier posted:

For now, I guess just buy whichever one you want to play first, and wait it out. If you pay too much now, you might end up having to call them to fix the charge or give you a credit.

I wonder if you did buy the second one at a higher price and then get refunded, how much you would end up being credited in the digital deluxe promotion.

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
The discount is showing up for me now. Either they took awhile to get it working, or it takes about 20-30 minutes to activate on your account.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Similar discounts have worked instantly for me before (like when they had that "buy two get the third free" deal on Kirby VC games), so I'm guessing there was just some trouble at the switch this time.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My Bayo 2 download is going painfully slow. Not good.

I won't be able to play until tomorrow after work but it looks to be taking even longer than that to finish. I hope it speeds up while I'm asleep.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I called ahead to Best Buy to make sure they had it tomorrow. It was kind of funny spelling out the name and then describing the box art to an employee who either had no idea or had a fun grief on me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

We should have the original OP back since the game is out now.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Slanderer posted:

Same, it seems to be busted for everyone. Because, y'know, Nintendo.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Quick look for those interested!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icf6E5CjUwE

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Asking for a non-friend Goon of mine: has anyone else in England ordered through GAME and had a Spanish/French/German version shipped to them instead of English? She says the game itself is unaffected, but the manual, art book, etc, are all in foreign languages. :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Starting at climax 3 might have been a mistake, I am getting my butt kicked :( I thought it was like in B1, very easy - easy - normal, but climax 3 seems a lot closer to B1's hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Nvm, fixed it.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 24, 2014

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Concept art of the Nintendo costumes:

Bayonetta regular:

Princess Peach Concepts:

Mario Accessory

Peach Final:

Daisy:

Literally a recolour, but with a Luigi accessory in place of Mario.

Samus Concept:

Samus Final:

Morph Ball:

Link Concept:

Nintendo's reproposal:

At Nintendo's insistance, they told Platinum that they could show cleavage on the Link costume :lol:

Link Final:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This game's fun as hell so far. The plot is so, so dumb but most of the cutscenes are funny enough (intentionally or otherwise) to watch once

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bayonetta drawn with vaguely more human proportions looks weird. And I think I like the original concept for the Link costume's hat more.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Pesky Splinter posted:

Nintendo's reproposal:

At Nintendo's insistance, they told Platinum that they could show cleavage on the Link costume :lol:

Eiji Aonuma's life is a Greek tragedy.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The hat hasn't changed, it just isn't being pushed up by her hair in the first picture.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There are ninja cats like the one from Rising at the beginning of chapter 2. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Methinks I shouldn't have picked hard as my beginning difficulty, but gently caress it. I'm hardcore.

Damone
May 3, 2009
This feels soooo good. Platinum really did a really good job making this feel smooth as silk.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Welcome to the foundation of a Barter Economy."

Oh my god, this game is wonderful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The second song I hear in the game is the "next level" jingle from Wonderful 101. How fantastic.

(The news report at the start plays it when the reporter is done)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Alex Kidd reference, game's best game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Noatun is beautiful and I've spent like 15 minutes exploring the area around the reflecting pool.

Please return the OP back to this side where it might actually be read.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No mommy I don't want to go to work, I want to stay home and play Bayonetta more.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing on my lunch break but when I get back it's 4 days of Bayonetta 2 without work. Let's do this.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Evil Eagle posted:

Noatun is beautiful and I've spent like 15 minutes exploring the area around the reflecting pool.

It is but to be honest it looks a little bit too much like Vigrid from the first game.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I'm still on the first game and oh my god I forgot how annoying Grace and Glory are, I've completely forgotten how to deal with them and they just wreck my poo poo.

I never did figure out how to deal with Joys so I anticipate having multiple rage-aneurysms once I get to them

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I went through 4 whatever the extra levels are called and still missed four fights. If I had actually found them I would have gotten platinum instead of gold on the first real chapter :(.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

A lot of Alfheims are found by turning back when you're about to pass a point of no return. Of course you won't know where those points are until you've played the level at least once. :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

A lot of Alfheims are found by turning back when you're about to pass a point of no return. Of course you won't know where those points are until you've played the level at least once. :v:

Yeah, it's been a really long time sense I played Bayo 1 and a while since I played Revengeance so I forgot that Platinum liked doing stuff like that. Bayonetta 2 is great so far, it's really really smooth.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Played one chapter of Bayo 1. Game clocked me at five minutes and change. Real world clocked me at thirty minutes. Holy poo poo there are so many cutscenes.

Also Peach costume is hilarious.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

kater posted:

Played one chapter of Bayo 1. Game clocked me at five minutes and change. Real world clocked me at thirty minutes. Holy poo poo there are so many cutscenes.

Also Peach costume is hilarious.

Doesn't Bayonetta only count time during the actual fighting parts and not when you are just walking around?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mr E posted:

Alex Kidd reference, game's best game.

Best part is it's a Sonic and Knuckles 3 reference at the same time.

Bayonetta standing on the plane like she does, leaping off and zipping forward and all that.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What is the cheapest/best way to get a wii u in the USA? Is there a model that is recommended? I wasn't gonna get a wii u but Bayonetta...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh jeez didn't even know this was actually out. Now I've got this AND Hyrule Warriors to play and I kinda wanna play Wind Waker again too. Good time to dust off the Wii U :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

redreader posted:

What is the cheapest/best way to get a wii u in the USA? Is there a model that is recommended? I wasn't gonna get a wii u but Bayonetta...

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

It's "refurbished" but mine was in brand new condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Ciaphas posted:

Oh jeez didn't even know this was actually out. Now I've got this AND Hyrule Warriors to play and I kinda wanna play Wind Waker again too. Good time to dust off the Wii U :v:

Why did your Wii U have dust on it

• Locked thread