Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So that confirms tithin as town. And the numbers look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Lampsacus posted:

So that confirms tithin as town.
How, exactly?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Reread yesterday - I was jailed

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

tithin posted:

Reread yesterday - I was jailed
That would make sense if the jailor was scum, because a scum jailor wouldn't hit their own. All I'm seeing is that it confirms you're telling the truth that you were jailed. That could mean a lot of things.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Two scum
One dead
One scum
Jailer dead

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, now I just feel like I'm exceptionally thick for not getting whatever you're implying.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If tithin was Scum, being jailed would take priority over the scumkill and Pinterest Mom wouldn't have been killed.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm at work for another 9 hours but I want to start looking at Kitiara - the last message they posted about people not voting being suspicious stuck out to me as the wording implies they were also confirmed town and I don't think they've been confirmed.

If someone could put a case together I'd be appreciative - failing that I'll do one tonight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I still don't quite get it, but there's enough people saying it that I kind of have to assume I'm just being thick, and it will make sense when I reread in the morning. :shrug:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Jailing is a roleblock and a protect, and the nightkill can be roleblocked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I mean why the same person would definitely be jailed two nights in a row?

I mean, no one else is claiming to be jailed instead, so I guess that makes sense.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

There was only one scum last. We know this because the mod setlist for this game calls for, at most, two scum and one was nabbed yesterday. Agreed? OK.

PinM was jailer. We know this because they flipped jailer. So far so good? OK.

If jailer ever jails somebody-they can't do their night action. Scum's night action is KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. So if the jailer ever managed to jail the last scum, scum couldn't kill!

PinM jailed tithin. We know this because they said so and would have no reason to lie because they flipped town.

So last night tithin, if they had one, couldn't perform their night action. However! Somebody was murdered by the scum last night. And whomever the murder was wasn't in jail because if they were they couldn't perform their night action.

So scum must have been not in jail last night.

So scum must have not been tithin last night.

So scum is not tithin.

So tithin is confirmed town.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not claiming I was jailed.

Pmom said in the thread at the prompting of others that he was going to jail me.

There is only two scum in the game.

If I were scum, pmom jailing me would have overridden my kill command.

Pmom was killed, therefore I cannot have been the killer and am confirmed town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hope you didn't think I was being patronizing, it was fun to write the logic of it out in excruciating propositions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, I see. Okay.

But what if Pmom decided otherwise? Not lied, but came up with another idea, maybe thought they knew who was going to get NKed?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

I'm at work for another 9 hours but I want to start looking at Kitiara - the last message they posted about people not voting being suspicious stuck out to me as the wording implies they were also confirmed town and I don't think they've been confirmed.

If someone could put a case together I'd be appreciative - failing that I'll do one tonight.
Yeah that post blipped on my radar too. I think he was saying we should lynch those who jumped on the goodness bandwagon later. Which I don't think is entirely fair to those people because it only become evident goodness was def. scum when he started to cave under the pressure of the first votes.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh, I see. Okay.

But what if Pmom decided otherwise? Not lied, but came up with another idea, maybe thought they knew who was going to get NKed?
*shrugs* Perhaps. But highly unlikely and not useful. I would stake this game on Pmom telling the truth about who they were going to jail.

Might have been a double bluff so that the scum wouldn't nightkill tithin for whatever reason but gah. at that point you are really grasping for straws.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh, I see. Okay.

I doubt they would have - my posting puts me high on the scumdar, I was being jailed as a test.

The smartest thing scum could have done last night is no kill to "confirm" me as scum.

Instead they cleared me - thanks Mr Skeltal

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, alright then.

What's the case on Kitiara? Lack of content and a suspicious way of bowing out of the goodness lynch?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
The case on Kitiara, as far as I can see, is that SHE said we should look at those who voted late for goodness or didn't vote for goodness at all. Since goodness is the only confirmed scum, and she didn't think scum would be so daft as to vote for themselves.

I understand how someone might disagree with me, but I don't see how that would make one suspicious of me. After soscannonballs, who was the first person to get killed by scum, I was the second person who voted for goodness and the one who spoke highest against him/her. I honestly don't know what to say if you guys still believe me to be scum.

The third person who voted for goodness was PinM, followed by Poisoned mushroom, then Lamp, then tithin, and finally 100YrsofAttitude. The only person who didn't was Mr Maltose (who goodness voted for on day1). So at the moment, I'm most suspicious of him and 100years, who only voted after goodness was declared to be scum. Thoughts?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Lack of content and a suspicious way of bowing out of the goodness lynch?

Are you paying attention? I was the first person to vote for goodness on day 2. Also, my posts might be fewer, but they are not lacking in content.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

Are you paying attention? I was the first person to vote for goodness on day 2. Also, my posts might be fewer, but they are not lacking in content.

No you're right.

I was hesitant to vote goodness D2 because, as I've said, he was consistent in his disinterest. While him not caring wasn't great it at least struck me as reliable. I was waiting to see what he had to say and since that turned out crap the decision wasn't particularly hard.

Goodness had earlier voted Maltose on D1. He was the first to do so and that could've been a bus, he disappeared after his vote and never tried to fight to get people to vote him afterwards. I voted him second after waking up suddenly remembering it was deadline. I'm not a proponent of no-lynching and out of the ones we had on the table Maltose seemed by far the worst. Maltose has also barely played with full days nearly separating his posts.

I feel good about the rest of you and I hope that Mushroom is over Lamp because for me the only choice is

##vote Maltose

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

i had intended to do a proper read on Kitiara tonight, but I'm honestly tired as balls so I'm going to take a break for the rest of the night. Also, her post sort of alleviates some of my concerns. How much of it is true, I don't know as I've not confirmed any of it, but if true I'll be happy to clear her mentally from my scumlist.

Kitiara posted:

The case on Kitiara, as far as I can see, is that SHE said we should look at those who voted late for goodness or didn't vote for goodness at all. Since goodness is the only confirmed scum, and she didn't think scum would be so daft as to vote for themselves.

Sorry, I suck at telling gender on the internet. Just ask P Mom after the game - I've called him female based on his name about 10 times in our last few games :greenangel:

Nothing intentional - sorry!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Note to future self and others: Reread 100 in the context of being an effortscum. I think there might be something there.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

To be frank, Poison, I don't trust your ignorance of tithin confirmed. not that you would try persuade town against it but I don't think you are that confused about this game.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

No clue who is scum. I'll reread Mr. M because of 100s suspicion and I think I trust 100 the most at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

To be frank, Poison, I don't trust your ignorance of tithin confirmed. not that you would try persuade town against it but I don't think you are that confused about this game.

Lampsacus posted:

No clue who is scum. I'll reread Mr. M because of 100s suspicion and I think I trust 100 the most at this point.
These two posts don't mesh at all. There's only one scum left. The only reason I'd have to lie about what I believe is that I'm scum. You 'don't trust my ignorance', but don't believe I'm scum. There's a glaring flaw in your logic, and it's all but confirmed what I already kind of suspected since the start.

##vote Lampsacus

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

These two posts don't mesh at all. There's only one scum left. The only reason I'd have to lie about what I believe is that I'm scum. You 'don't trust my ignorance', but don't believe I'm scum. There's a glaring flaw in your logic, and it's all but confirmed what I already kind of suspected since the start.

##vote Lampsacus
Oh come on Poison. It is possible for a player to poke another for something amiss and also say "no clue who is scum". I'm defending myself because I know I'm town but I would definitely call you out if you used this as a reason to vote somebody else.

It seems like you have it lodged in your mind's eye I am scum. There is danger in preconceptions.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

And yeah. 100 is right about Mr. M. Check out how much he has posted: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672202&userid=172618

Once again, I can't pin down scum out of the effort posters. I might be partial to voting out a lurker again.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Mr. Maltose, are you be able to defend yourself? Or even add something to the discussion or your reads on people? We're really not getting any information from you, so until we do:

##Vote Mr. Maltose

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kitiara posted:

Mr. Maltose, are you be able to defend yourself? Or even add something to the discussion or your reads on people? We're really not getting any information from you, so until we do:

##Vote Mr. Maltose
Are you voting Maltose because you think he's scum or because you're trying to 'motivate' him into posting?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

This. I don't think Lamp is scum based on the fact that he was the 3rd person to vote for goodness, but boy do his posts sound scummy.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you voting Maltose because you think he's scum or because you're trying to 'motivate' him into posting?

I already explained my reasons for being suspicious of Maltose... like a couple of posts above yours. Basically I think he is suspicious because he was the only person who didn't vote for goodness. Plus the lack of content/frequency on his posts. I would withdraw those suspicions, except that he hasn't posted to defend himself at all. So until he can prove to me that he's innocent, or starts contributing to the game, he gets my vote. Does that make sense?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's a pretty bad position, but it's certainly not incomprehensible. Lurking is a great way to become an easy target which is pretty poo poo scum play. I didn't vote for goodness because most of the discussion landed when I was unable to access the internet. As cool as Mafia is (so cool) I can't exactly play it while working.

I am currently rereading and gleaning around goodness' posts.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kitiara posted:

This. I don't think Lamp is scum based on the fact that he was the 3rd person to vote for goodness, but boy do his posts sound scummy.

Wait so are you supporting Lamp or Mushroom in this latest spat? Because I have to say Mushroom's determination against Lamp is just odd. At least in my mind Lamp's pretty much redeemed himself.

So I'll make a case against Mushroom because out of the people who're actually active he's the one that most pings me.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk about actual scumhunting and realvotes. It reads like he's trying to sidetrack the discussion, and that bugs me a lot.

##vote Lampsacus

Votes Lamp on D1 for the same reason that goodness voted Maltose. Remember goodness' vote was more or less the reason Maltose was being voted back on D1.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Power role claim! :byodood:

Later makes his own joke, so his Lamp vote just reads hypocritical.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Meh. Not really feeling Maltose. Goodness is taking Mafia very seriously and bitching about D1, which is just kind of What He Does, so that's a null read.

Definitely feeling Lamp, or maybe Tithin or a lurker lynch. Not sure about anyone else.

This post... Goodness was not taking Mafia seriously look at Goodness' vote:

goodness posted:

Who are you to judge when joke phase is over? Seems like you are trying a little too hard to push your agenda instead of just having fun...

##vote Maltose

He voted to continue joking around! So a blatant mis-read of Goodness lets Mushroom declares his buddy town (assuming Mushroom is the last scum) and writes him off. Offers up Lamp, tithin (now confirmed), or a lurker. The latter being a easy scum vote to jump to. To be fair, I and many of us are guilty of this considering the lack of posting in the thread so it may not be the best point to be made. But that goodness mis-read is pretty glaring to me because I don't know how he could've gotten that interpretation.

He finishes off Day 1 with a no-lynch after maybe role fishing for the cop, which knowing Goodness was the roleblocker could be a real possibility for the game and a useful target to remove early on. Post here.

D2 he starts early on voting Lamp. Again. He accuses Lamp of no-lynching and meta:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I've played with Lamp in other games, and there's at least some semblance of effort on D1. Here, he threw out a jokevote in the middle of discussions, and very nearly ended up sidetracking conversation because of it. He hasn't contributed much of his thoughts, and didn't vote anyone or mention any feelings about anyone.

At the last minute, he said he'd rather no-lynch than lynch Maltose, but he said nothing of the sort before, and said earlier that D1 lynches are essentially random. This doesn't match up in my mind. For me, it reads like distancing from a known town lynch.

In conclusion, ##vote Lampsacus

Note he references the jokes and he references the no-lynch, both things Mushroom is also guilty of. Also I don't follow that train of thought: if Lamp thinks D1 votes are random and then decides not to vote Maltose, that makes sense. Seeing as he feels random lynching targets town it would then follow he'd feel that randomly lynching Maltose makes Maltose naturally town. Mushroom mis-reads goodness and his logic here doesn't follow. We see this more recently in regards to his misunderstanding of tithin's town status. Maybe he just has a really different sense of perception?

Of course mushroom says he didn't vote Maltose since he was pretty sure he was town. For scum it's better to no lynch as they then reveal no information and don't put themselves at risk, voting a known town would've been riskier and hence the no-lynch safer. I've asked him on his Maltose reads a couple times and never got really precise answers, we last left it here:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I was feeling fairly strongly on him being town Day 1, because he was here and engaging and my gut said town. I've got errands and Survivor tonight, but I'll try to get a good re-read of him and the thread in.

right before the goodness false claim. So I can understand if he got sidetracked.

In regards to voting goodness, he votes 4 setting me up for the hammer. Scum try to avoid hammering scum mates since that makes them look suspicious and often try to be second to last, but that's WIFOM. I think a more solid accusation is that he relies his goodness case on what Pinterest had posted, rather than adding to it himself. I was the same way too, though the reason I didn't vote was because I wanted to hear goodness' side of the story. Earlier that day I had accused both tithin and kitiara who cleared their names, in my eyes, with decent responses. I wanted to see if goodness would go the same way.

We finish today with seeing him vote Lamp again for, what I find, to be a weird connection. Either mushroom is a really misguided but well-meaning town or a scum playing a type. Of the effort-posters I would absolutely vote mushroom, especially as we've got enough for a case against him as opposed to Maltose. We did catch goodness due to his lack of posting though so it's possible that Maltose won't bring anything new to the table either.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Let's be honest here. There's a decent case to be made against me, mainly built alongside my relationship with goodness. I voted alongside goodness on D1 for what would've been a town lynch (were I the other scum), I refrain voting him till the end on D2. My reasons boil down to disliking no-lynching and reading Maltose as the scummiest of the posters at the time and then for D2 as I just said above, wanting goodness to get his two cents in, since I had seen him as consistent enough a poster, in tone not quantity, to warrant a reply. If they're other points let me know. We can win this tonight and I think our most likely suspects are probably the one we want.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait so are you supporting Lamp or Mushroom in this latest spat? Because I have to say Mushroom's determination against Lamp is just odd. At least in my mind Lamp's pretty much redeemed himself.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to type mushroom. I don't think mushroom is scum based on him voting for goodness early on day 2, but his posts do sound very scummy. If it were not for Mr Malt adding nothing to the discussion, I'd vote mushroom. But as it stands, I suspect Maltose most.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Mushroom case.

This is a really good case on Mushroom.

A. I had completely missed his "Meh. Not really feeling Maltose. Goodness is taking Mafia very seriously and bitching about D1, which is just kind of What He Does, so that's a null read. " posts which is a serious misread. It does sound a lot like he wanted us to skim over goodness post and take his word for it. I thought that he was probably a really misguided but well-meaning town after his "confusion" over tithin being confirmed town. However, his "case" on lamp makes me feel like he isn't as misguided as he wants us to believe.

B. "He finishes off Day 1 with a no-lynch after maybe role fishing for the cop, which knowing Goodness was the roleblocker could be a real possibility for the game and a useful target to remove early on". I didn't think much of his "Power role claim!" post, but good point. He is the only person to have nailed on it.

I'm really town between Maltose and Mushroom at the moment, but Maltose defense was really weak. So I'm really looking forward to hearing Mushroom's.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Its way late and I should be asleep but just quickposting to say
mushroom is a woman and not a he
i'm really digging how content rich these latest posts are by everyone
ok night will try to add mine tomorrow yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

mushroom is a woman and not a he
I appreciate that. Thank you.

I haven't been putting forth the effort I should be, considering how late in the game it is. There have been two possibilities bouncing around in my head, and I need to take a good look at both of them, get some posts going both to get my thoughts 'on paper', and out in the open. They are, as I mentioned, '100 as effort-scum' and 'Lamp on scummy logic'.

• Locked thread