Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

folie - (psychiatry) a psychological disorder of thought or emotion; a more neutral term than mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Looking forward to getting my PM and cackling.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

*playfully wrestles himself to the ground*

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Jam and cheese on toast. No butter. No nightmares.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Reading posts is just as townhelp as writing them. I like find players who haven't.

That said, this post has been written before I've properly read each post so far. Lul.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

OK now I have. It was a cool idea but not enough content posts to implement it yet.

##vote 100YrsofAttitude
More like one hundred years of being scum.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Why do you think 100 is scum?
His name.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Maltose (2): goodness, 100YrsofAttitude
100YrsofAttitude (1): Lampsacus
goodness (1): soscannonballs
Lampsacus (1): Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (4): Kitiara, Mr. Maltose, Pinterest Mom, tithin

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2014 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Hey guys at work will post on break

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

We want to lynch today right? Or is no lynch ok?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly I think we should bo lynch at this point. Unless somebody has found some obvz scum.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

From my pov there isn't one.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Sure that's fine. Just don't be too gung ho day 1 ya feel me

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

We could lynch the least active.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I feel more comfortable no lynching over m.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I said day one was random and then later we should no lynch. If the jump from one to the other was scummy lynch away.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Depends on the game. I don't think I'm alone when I say nobody stood out as scummy. Poor posting. Hell, the mod called us out on it just now. Anyway, I'm not going to omgus vote you back pm because you seem legit so far.

So does tithin actually. I'll have another read and try read between lines.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Arguing against a collective action, lynching m, is not necessarily shutting down conversation though. Hm.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Say with a straight face the mr. M wagon wasn't pretty much a random lynch for the sake of d1 lynch.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

due to the flip flop vote first on 100, and then later for no vote.

The vote could be fake, the reason given could be a joke, but at the same time it could also not

Oh god is it seriously ambiguous that my first d1 vote for 100 because "of his name" wasn't a joke? That's really unfortunate.

Just because I want to say my last piece on the matter: I wish people would stop saying I was disrupting Day 1 srs talk with my joke vote. It was literally like half a dozen posts from the last joke vote and there really wasn't any proper content from what I can read. Only "hey guys we should get serious now" Which I disagreed with because I always like to do at least one joke vote and wanted to get mine in before that.

There was no intention of mine to push the town away from serious talking. That would be a blatant and poor scum tactic and I like to think in an alternative universe where scum-Lamp is playing this game he wouldn't be so dumb to try do that.

Now.

The lack of energy in this game points to an inactive scum. I feel like nobody is really stirring the pot as such.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Do you think he's scum, then? Because you're getting awful defensive but not doing much but talking about how town you obviously are.

If he's so suspicious? Let's see a case on him.
oh that's in reference to Kitiara.
I just read but can't find another post like this against goodness which basically reads "if you are spending all your time being overly defensive and not prodding other players that is pretty scummy"

And I think that's just sloppy. Newbies, and some vets, have a tendency to spend all their posts just defending themselves from being scum. It's an easy trap to fall into to. But what really helps t find s is.. questions and offensive posts! Not emotional pleads that "I'm townie guys wait till I flip!!"

I'm hella guilty of it myself. And I definitely don't see it as a reason to label somebody scummy like Poison Mushroom etc might.

OK so.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I was feeling fairly strongly on him being town Day 1, because he was here and engaging and my gut said town.
Poor.

But also I really do think scum is being lurky lurks.

goodness posted:

The first couple days and last couple days I am typically pretty cynical about the game, just because of the way some people think they are clairvoyant gods.
This is a very terrible fake reason not to be participating dude. No offense.
And if you are town, your absence isn't helping much. With only a couple hours to deadline and two votes already on you - ##vote goodness

I am hesitant to defend my day1 no lynch now. I mean, I still think we didn't have enough content to lynch anything more than random (and I curse those who argued against this!) but I was hoping for some more pages d2. Nevermind.

Also Poison Mushroom props for actually trying and making good posts. You come across as strongly townish so please keep an open mind on me ya bish

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

At least it's not nearly so quiet as the Australia game where the mod's threatened to modkill / close the game because no one's loving talking.

Thanks for the explanation on WIFOM

It's difficult to say the logic, but it would be a good way of diverting attention to Maltose, which honestly makes me a bit averse to voting for him on that ground.

That being said it's almost literally all we've got to go on.

Might try to do a formal read - how much time do we have left?
We have two hours. With this lethargy I'd be surprised if we even get to vote out goodness.

From my reread just now I think sos was killed because he seemed like a strong aggressive good player. I don't think reading in anymore than that will do us any good.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

I'm just going to make my vote for goodness now, my earlier ~big post~ combined with the subsequent explanation post don't tally as a good enough reason for me.
##vote goodness
Good enough reason for what? Sorry I am dumb.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We'll hammer tonight, as long as no one moves their vote, I'll finish it off when need be. There's a good enough case against goodness at this point where I don't really have qualms voting him. Though I didn't have a hand in making the case, I just never felt like he was trying too hard for most of the game but that at least he was sticking with a specific style of posting. I'd still like to see a rebuttal though if any is coming.
yeah please post goodness. Even if you are going to be lynched tonight it'll be good to get your reads on everybody for future intel if you flip town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It'd have to be pretty fricking strong to justify us no lynching d2.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

die cis scum

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

Why?

How do you know there's no tracker?

Am I missing something there?
There is no set up where pin is their role and there exists a tracker. So pin knows goodness is lying (or pin is lying but I doubt it)

pinterest just claimed jailer.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

There can absolutely be a tracker.

I find mushroom to be pretty inconsistent, despite active. He doesn't bandwagon Maltose, but quickly got on the goodness vote when all we had nothing more than pinterest's 1-phrase case. I don't know how he can call Maltose engaging. Maltose had arguably 3-4 posts of his total 7 that were somehow about Mafia but he never cased or made effort in the slightest of ways. Mushroom could've just called his non-vote gut but he added the extra really false qualifier.

I'm really uneasy about poisonous mushroom.

His case on Lamp was never particular strong, and lamp has shown himself to be pretty forthright so far.
There can only be a tracker if pin is scum. If goodness flips town we'll probably lose one more town and then lynch pin tomorrow but I highly doubt pin would do that play.

I like mushs vote on goodness but it's not because of his lurking right? I think any case on goodness that isn't about his 'cynical lurking' is a poo poo reason for reasons I've already given but whatevs

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I just want one last fail-safe. If it turns out Pin's doing a gambit or whatever, where does this put us towards LYLO?

We've got 8, we get town tonight and they kill one of us. Brings us to 6 where 2 v 4. We hit Pin for lying and they kill. We're down to 4 where it's 3 v. 1. If we mis-lynch then that's it.

It's not a fool-proof gambit but it's a pretty good one for scum seeing how little posting we've gotten.

That said I think it's worth the risk.
thanks for counting that through - I was too lazy to ever do it.

In a way, I hope pin is doing a gambit just to spice it up a little.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

goodness posted:

At least I know he is scum now. Or just a vanilla town that really wants me to be bad haha.
No vanilla would lie to get you lynched, goodness. It's not worth the misleading of town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah but if you tell us who you're jailing, and we figure out your priority we can better figure out who is town. I think... I'm confusing myself frankly.
Telling us who you are jailing won't actually help scum because they are going to be jailed regardless right? So there isn't any harm in it. The question is, is there help in doing so?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool ok. So, should I hammer then? Everyone who's around relatively in agreement?
I was hoping goodness could give us a quick read on everybody before he perishes

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why would he do that?
To help town if he is town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

which I doubt but it was an idea I had earlier. I guess I'm ok with a hammer bleh whatever.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm surprisingly awake now so I can make it at least 1 more hour if not more. I can wait.
yeah we aren't getting a content post from goodness, hammer away and get some sleep!

ok thanks goodness, only dreams now.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

I'm gonna straight up say I'm VT, I have 0 powers whatso-loving-ever.

So if he's saying he tracked me, and got a success, and that I did something, he's talking out his arse.
goodness confirmed as scum. hammer

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

goodness posted:

meant bp, looked at the chart wrong.
bp don't action. 100 w r u

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

So that confirms tithin as town. And the numbers look good.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Two scum
One dead
One scum
Jailer dead

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

There was only one scum last. We know this because the mod setlist for this game calls for, at most, two scum and one was nabbed yesterday. Agreed? OK.

PinM was jailer. We know this because they flipped jailer. So far so good? OK.

If jailer ever jails somebody-they can't do their night action. Scum's night action is KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. So if the jailer ever managed to jail the last scum, scum couldn't kill!

PinM jailed tithin. We know this because they said so and would have no reason to lie because they flipped town.

So last night tithin, if they had one, couldn't perform their night action. However! Somebody was murdered by the scum last night. And whomever the murder was wasn't in jail because if they were they couldn't perform their night action.

So scum must have been not in jail last night.

So scum must have not been tithin last night.

So scum is not tithin.

So tithin is confirmed town.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hope you didn't think I was being patronizing, it was fun to write the logic of it out in excruciating propositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tithin posted:

I'm at work for another 9 hours but I want to start looking at Kitiara - the last message they posted about people not voting being suspicious stuck out to me as the wording implies they were also confirmed town and I don't think they've been confirmed.

If someone could put a case together I'd be appreciative - failing that I'll do one tonight.
Yeah that post blipped on my radar too. I think he was saying we should lynch those who jumped on the goodness bandwagon later. Which I don't think is entirely fair to those people because it only become evident goodness was def. scum when he started to cave under the pressure of the first votes.

• Locked thread