Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh, I see. Okay.

But what if Pmom decided otherwise? Not lied, but came up with another idea, maybe thought they knew who was going to get NKed?
*shrugs* Perhaps. But highly unlikely and not useful. I would stake this game on Pmom telling the truth about who they were going to jail.

Might have been a double bluff so that the scum wouldn't nightkill tithin for whatever reason but gah. at that point you are really grasping for straws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

To be frank, Poison, I don't trust your ignorance of tithin confirmed. not that you would try persuade town against it but I don't think you are that confused about this game.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

No clue who is scum. I'll reread Mr. M because of 100s suspicion and I think I trust 100 the most at this point.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

These two posts don't mesh at all. There's only one scum left. The only reason I'd have to lie about what I believe is that I'm scum. You 'don't trust my ignorance', but don't believe I'm scum. There's a glaring flaw in your logic, and it's all but confirmed what I already kind of suspected since the start.

##vote Lampsacus
Oh come on Poison. It is possible for a player to poke another for something amiss and also say "no clue who is scum". I'm defending myself because I know I'm town but I would definitely call you out if you used this as a reason to vote somebody else.

It seems like you have it lodged in your mind's eye I am scum. There is danger in preconceptions.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

And yeah. 100 is right about Mr. M. Check out how much he has posted: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3672202&userid=172618

Once again, I can't pin down scum out of the effort posters. I might be partial to voting out a lurker again.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Its way late and I should be asleep but just quickposting to say
mushroom is a woman and not a he
i'm really digging how content rich these latest posts are by everyone
ok night will try to add mine tomorrow yo

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's a pretty bad position, but it's certainly not incomprehensible. Lurking is a great way to become an easy target which is pretty poo poo scum play. I didn't vote for goodness because most of the discussion landed when I was unable to access the internet. As cool as Mafia is (so cool) I can't exactly play it while working.

I am currently rereading and gleaning around goodness' posts.
The trouble with lurking is it means we just don't know if it's scum play or not. Somebody will eventually call you scum for it and then you'll defend yourself with (which may very well be honest) cries of RL and work etc. Lurking is WIFOM as.

Kitiara posted:

This. I don't think Lamp is scum based on the fact that he was the 3rd person to vote for goodness, but boy do his posts sound scummy.
I'm glad you ammended this to say you were talking about Poison being scummy not me. Not only because well, it's me, but this post pinged me pretty hard in how ambiguous it sounded. I'm going to trust that it was an honest typo and not backtracking. I think you're OK in my books.

I really really like 100s read of Poison. I never would have written it because I haven't been investigating her too much in posts because it'd look OMGUS (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck)

But this read - drat. I'm especially glad 100 picked up on the oddness of her d1 vote for me because she didn't "buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk". PM's idea is that I'm using scum logic in this game - starting with my jokevote. Even if I was scum, I wouldn't play the game like that. It's too obvious. It would be too obvious for most players! Plus, would anybody really be thrown off serious discussion by a jokevote? Perhaps if the discussion was honing in on the scum buddy. The 'serious discussion' d1 was focusing on.. wait. It wasn't. I just did another reread of the posts before my jokevote and... Jeez. It's pretty bleak. There was exactly 1 joke vote from Poison and three 'serious-ish-ish' posts. Suddenly Poison's:

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't buy Lamp making a jokevote in the middle of this talk about actual scumhunting and realvotes. It reads like he's trying to sidetrack the discussion, and that bugs me a lot.

##vote Lampsacus
Looks really disingenuous. I'm finding it hard to believe this was written without some semblance of an agenda. Questions for poison:
Which realvotes were you referring to? I can't find any.
Specifically, where was the scumhunting?
If you aren't scum, would you admit to writing this post in an exaggerating manner to prod me a bit? Tell us your thought process behind it.

Maybe I'm getting too much into this one post but the more I look at it's context the more it looks fishy.

After my reread etc. and some time I'd now rather vote Poison over Mr. M because fishy post > no post. And also 100s case of course.

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring with
##vote Poison Mushroom

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Civ BE is out?! oh my lordy

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I have absolutely no case on anyone but to say Mr. M lurked too much. Shrug. This game is a little lethargic.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Well either mr. M hasn't read this thread in a while, likely, and is the real bp, unlikely, or 100 is town. That leaves you myself and Mr. M. There is no case to be had on you.. although I haven't just read your posts in isolation yet. So from my perspective it is most probably the lurker.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

If it wasn't the game decider I'd vote him now. I'm probably sixty-forty to no lynch atm.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

##vote Mr. Maltose

You two are trying and he is not.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I actually drafted an effort post at the end there but didn't post one for fear of screwing it all up.

If we did no lynch I would have dredged up some old cases on 100 and pushed hard to get him lynched. I would have also carried on being "over' this game and not being able to see anything scummy myself.

Gg guys I real enjoyed playing with people at my skill level.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I thought you played well 100 and I enjoyed pmushs relentless attacks on me. For truths sake: My day 1 joke vote wasn't to put off real content. I actually hadn't read the thread and assumed we were still in joke phase.

My strategy was basically pick off anybody who was playing sharply. Goodness wasn't putting much energy into this game and seemed a bit cynical about it from the start.

My first scum victory. Scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Nk = night killed.

• Locked thread