Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

I'm so disappointed I don't get to lynch.. er play, play! with fast luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Well it looks like I'm bland yet again :(. So unlike rl me! I guess let the lynching of butter begin!

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Both kitiara and pinterest machine (which I keep reading as pinterest mom since it comes after poison mushroom and I keep combining the two somehow) only posted to confirm. That's it. As dumb as talking about what we like on our toast or wrestling could be, there was no more participation after that.

I was at work, follow by sleep. I just woke up now. So to answer all questions, I prefer butter on my toast. I don't understand why anyone would like crunchy peanut butter, and if you were scum, how would you answer this question?

Pretty much exactly like this:

"I'm not really sure how I'd answer as scum. I would think about it a whole lot and carefully word my phrase, probably responding far later than I would otherwise. The pleasure I find in playing town is not having to censor myself in anyway. I may be often mis-interpreted but since I know I'm being honest it doesn't bother me as much. I get a terribly guilty conscience as scum"

This is me word by word. I keep wishing to be given a scum rule because it feels like it'd be more fun, but in reality I'd probably over-think and stress over every post I make and I can't see how that would be fun.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

We don't really have much information to go on, but out of everyone who has posted I find goodness and tithin the most suspicious. Goodness seems to be voting people randomly and wanting to stop discussion. While tithin seems to only post to not appear MIA without really adding anything at all. I'm also kind of eh on poisoned mushroom, but we'll see.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

I know that we're supposed to pick someone to lynch, but seriously?

We have 3 votes for Maltose and this is all we have to go on:

goodness posted:

Who are you to judge when joke phase is over? Seems like you are trying a little too hard to push your agenda instead of just having fun...
##vote Maltose

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is worse though. Again slight easy reads but for me most damning is that she never votes. I suppose it's a vote to no lynch, but she could've at least voted her own reads and made the effort to convert people to those targets. But she didn't do that at all. That sort of non-confrontational attitude seems like scum playing it safe, trying to step on no toes while remaining somewhat concealed. I feel it's the weaker of my cases, obviously not helped by the fact that kitiara's posted so little. Still would vote her as well.

Slight easy reads is all we can have on day one. I have no abilities, so I'm not sure what you expect so early in the game. I try to not vote unless I feel very confident on someone. This may not be the right attitude, but it doesn't make me scum.

goodness posted:

I am not voting randomly though at all. I have voted officially once, and I posted my reason for it. My first "vote" was a joke which is why I made sure it would not even count it on the votefinder.

Am I missing a post somewhere? Where exactly is your reason for voting? Because "Who are you to judge when joke phase is over? Seems like you are trying a little too hard to push your agenda instead of just having fun..." is not good enough for me.

I'm torn between tithin and goodness, but tithin's later posts at least show some effort. So... Vote## goodness

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't like lying when playing this game oddly enough to the point that if I'm scum I do my utmost to not type "I am town." I suppose I don't want to be called a bald-faced liar, I don't know it's dumb. The easiest way to go about this I find is just avoid talking about my role in the game as a whole.

Anyway, I've noticed that you've brought up your role, particularly your lack of powers twice. Your second post:
and now your latest. It's strange because you don't mention alignment but just lack of powers. I know this isn't killer evidence or anything but I can't help read that you are telling the truth, but at the same time willfully omitting something else, perhaps for the sake of your own conscience as I tend to do, or for whatever other reason.

I'm honestly starting to find your weird fixation on me to be very suspicious. Are you trying to get me lynch because I am making good arguments on your scummy friends? I honestly thought that my first post was I'm bland town again. So to calm your nerves: I am town. Trust me or not, time will show you I'm telling the truth, while there are a lot more suspicious people here than me.

"Also, your last vote on goodness, is it done with confidence or have you done it since I called you out on lightly casing + not voting?"

Both to be honest. Apparently random voting is the meta on these sort of games, so I thought I'd change my play. Mostly I'm voting for goodness to see if there's some sort of response on his/her part because up to know we've only really gotten joke 2 line posts.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Do you think he's scum, then? Because you're getting awful defensive but not doing much but talking about how town you obviously are.

If he's so suspicious? Let's see a case on him.

Seriously? I'm not getting awfully defensive. I'm quoting the posts that are attacking me and replying to them accordingly. I'm sure people would find it suspicious if I just ignored them (I know I would), so it's a bit of a drat if you do and drat if you don't situation, no?

Also, I am doing a lot more than talking about how town I am. I am the one who first made a case about goodness, which is a lot better than:

"I like PMom's case. Would still rather lynch Lamp, though."

You didn't even try. Plus you are okay with lynching goodness, when you feel stronger for lynching Lamp. Massive redflag to me. Also I'm not building a case on 100years, because I don't have enough to do so. I mostly think he is town, but I find it a bit odd how he was fixated on me, so I brought it up to him to see how he'd reply. I'm not going to start randomly accusing people with no base, not the way I play.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm actually quite interested to see goodness "gain knowledge from the no-lynch". I'm even more excited to see a case built on it! Who knows, maybe he'll actually find something.

Care to explain why it's a redflag why I want to lynch these two in particular?

You wanting to lynch those two isn't a redflag per se, but you wanting to lynch Lamp and then voting for goodness is.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

goodness posted:

The first couple days and last couple days I am typically pretty cynical about the game, just because of the way some people think they are clairvoyant gods.

This is probably not the right attitude to go about it, but out of topic... I loved this sentence. I am seriously planning on setting up scenarios irl so that I'm able to say "clairvoyant god" :P

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Come on guys, where's the participation? I'm still waiting to hear from goodness, you should be home by now.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Goodness' fate was pretty much decided, so there's like 0 reason why pinM would lie and risk being killed. Can you proceed to hammer goodness, 100yrs?

I think it is safe to assume that all of us who voted goodness early are town. So I'm looking at all of you who didn't. Jailing one of them might be the best choice.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

I guess you missed 100's vote.

:redhammer:

Yes I did. Massive fail.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

The case on Kitiara, as far as I can see, is that SHE said we should look at those who voted late for goodness or didn't vote for goodness at all. Since goodness is the only confirmed scum, and she didn't think scum would be so daft as to vote for themselves.

I understand how someone might disagree with me, but I don't see how that would make one suspicious of me. After soscannonballs, who was the first person to get killed by scum, I was the second person who voted for goodness and the one who spoke highest against him/her. I honestly don't know what to say if you guys still believe me to be scum.

The third person who voted for goodness was PinM, followed by Poisoned mushroom, then Lamp, then tithin, and finally 100YrsofAttitude. The only person who didn't was Mr Maltose (who goodness voted for on day1). So at the moment, I'm most suspicious of him and 100years, who only voted after goodness was declared to be scum. Thoughts?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Lack of content and a suspicious way of bowing out of the goodness lynch?

Are you paying attention? I was the first person to vote for goodness on day 2. Also, my posts might be fewer, but they are not lacking in content.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Mr. Maltose, are you be able to defend yourself? Or even add something to the discussion or your reads on people? We're really not getting any information from you, so until we do:

##Vote Mr. Maltose

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

To be frank, Poison, I don't trust your ignorance of tithin confirmed. not that you would try persuade town against it but I don't think you are that confused about this game.

This. I don't think Lamp is scum based on the fact that he was the 3rd person to vote for goodness, but boy do his posts sound scummy.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you voting Maltose because you think he's scum or because you're trying to 'motivate' him into posting?

I already explained my reasons for being suspicious of Maltose... like a couple of posts above yours. Basically I think he is suspicious because he was the only person who didn't vote for goodness. Plus the lack of content/frequency on his posts. I would withdraw those suspicions, except that he hasn't posted to defend himself at all. So until he can prove to me that he's innocent, or starts contributing to the game, he gets my vote. Does that make sense?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait so are you supporting Lamp or Mushroom in this latest spat? Because I have to say Mushroom's determination against Lamp is just odd. At least in my mind Lamp's pretty much redeemed himself.

Sorry, my bad. I meant to type mushroom. I don't think mushroom is scum based on him voting for goodness early on day 2, but his posts do sound very scummy. If it were not for Mr Malt adding nothing to the discussion, I'd vote mushroom. But as it stands, I suspect Maltose most.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Mushroom case.

This is a really good case on Mushroom.

A. I had completely missed his "Meh. Not really feeling Maltose. Goodness is taking Mafia very seriously and bitching about D1, which is just kind of What He Does, so that's a null read. " posts which is a serious misread. It does sound a lot like he wanted us to skim over goodness post and take his word for it. I thought that he was probably a really misguided but well-meaning town after his "confusion" over tithin being confirmed town. However, his "case" on lamp makes me feel like he isn't as misguided as he wants us to believe.

B. "He finishes off Day 1 with a no-lynch after maybe role fishing for the cop, which knowing Goodness was the roleblocker could be a real possibility for the game and a useful target to remove early on". I didn't think much of his "Power role claim!" post, but good point. He is the only person to have nailed on it.

I'm really town between Maltose and Mushroom at the moment, but Maltose defense was really weak. So I'm really looking forward to hearing Mushroom's.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

tithin posted:

IIt stuck out to me because this is the fourth or fifth game in a row that I've been in a game with Pmush and it's pretty out of character for her - especially considering how experienced she is at the game. Hell, she's been giving me advice post game for several of them.

I agree. Like I mentioned before, it seemed like she was a really confused but other posts make it seem like she's actually pretty clever. So I'm starting to feel like the confusion is just an act. Based on Tithin and 100's posts and the scum vibe coming from Mush (seriously? power role searching?), I'm happy to change by vote.

##unvote Mr. Maltose . vote## Poison Mushroom

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

##vote Poison Mushroom

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

I still think it isn't lamp based on how quick he voted for goodness. So it's either Mr. M or 100 years. Mr. M has been extremely inactive, so I'm heavily leaning towards him. However, I'm very suspicious of 100. He keeps making cases on good people and getting us to lynch town. He didn't vote for goodness until it was very obvious that goodness was gone, and he even defended him once:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While goodness's motivations differ from me, I feel like they've got their heart in the right place (watch this bite me in the rear end later on).

Plus he voted early for Maltose, same as goodness.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Honestly, I very much doubt that scum will pick Maltose as the person to kill, regardless of who ends up being scum. So I don't think that we will get any information by waiting. I'm very torn between M and 100 and I can't seem to get a rid on them.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

*get a read on them.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

If you are scum, 100 then you deserve to win. Your posts reads town to me, therefore: ##vote Mr. Maltose . I don't know the order of abilities, but if you are saying the truth about being bp and Maltose doesn't flip scum I do recommend using your shot on lamp. It's the only chance town has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Hah, I completely forgot about that post. I totally saw it coming, but quite honestly I felt Mr. M should be lynched anyways because he didn't contribute at all. It was a bit disappointing towards the end, because it felt like it was just me and 100 posting. I can't wait for next game though!

• Locked thread