Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

[source]

Mafia is a party game that can be played in a group or online. The premise is that a group of townsfolk (the good guys) try to discover and root out the Mafia menace hiding amongst them. The game has day and night phases: During the day everyone attempts to discover who the Mafia are, and vote to eliminate them (execution). During the night discussion is halted and the Mafia choose someone to kill. The game ends when either the Mafia have control of the town or every Mafia member is dead.

For this game we will be playing a Matrix6 set up. I will roll a genuine six sided die and based on the result we will use one of the following set ups:

Each one has an equal chance of happening. There will not be any roles that are not listed here. If you're unfamiliar with the roles, I've included links to the relevant articles explaining each role.

Action Resolution
Roleblocks completely stop the target's role from happening. If recipient had an action, they will be informed that it was not successful. If the Town BP is roleblocked, they aren't considered BP that night but they will not be informed. The Roleblocker can also perform the night kill.

The Jailor adheres to all applicable rules above but the person they use their action on will be protected for the night. The Jailor can't Jail themselves. If the Jailor and the RoleBlocker target each other then the Jailor will be Roleblocked and the Roleblocker will not. This only matters if the Roleblocker is also submitting the scum kill.

Regarding all other actions, no target will be informed the actions were used on them, although the scum kill target can probably guess.

The Doctor cannot self protect or target the same player on consecutive nights.

The only reason priority matters is if the Jailor and the Roleblocker target each other the Roleblocker wins.

Votefinder

There will be a little posting bot called votefinder who counts your votes. Don't mind him, he's just here to help. To make sure it reads your votes properly use the bold tags (control-b will get them to pop up) and put two pound signs, then write vote and who you're voting for. It will look like this:

quote:

##vote MMM

RULES

• No editing your posts.
  • No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
  • Don't post your role PM.
  • Don't spectator-post.
  • Don't post after hammers.
  • Don't post after dying.
  • Don't encrypt your posts, make Toxx clauses, or play Truth or Dare.
  • Don't lurk. I will tell you if I don't think you're posting enough.
  • Don't go against the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is inviting and fun.
  • :sun: Be nice! :sun:
  • :chillpill: Remember it's just a game :chillpill:

Player List:
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. goodness
  3. Kitiara
  4. Lampsacus
  5. Mr. Maltose
  6. Pinterest Machine
  7. Poison Mushroom
  8. soscannonballs
  9. tithin

Resources:
The Mafia Wiki Info about mafia on Something Awful
The Mafia Discussion Thread The central hub of our great community
The New Game Announcement Thread The place to be if you want to hear about upcoming games without reading a lot of bullshit

Older Games:
Bread Mafia 1 - Where it all began
Bread Mafia 2B - The sister game to this one
Bread Mafia 3 - lovely veterans that tried to ruin your fun

Beard Mafia - A pale imitation of the real thing imo

Game Updates:

~

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Role PMs:

Vanilla Town posted:

You are BLAND and BREAD ALIGNED. You're on the good side but you have no special powers

Cop posted:

You are a BREAD ALIGNED COP. You're on the good side and you have a special power. Every NIGHT you can INVESTIGATE a player and you will find out if they are BREAD or BUTTER

Doctor posted:

You are a BREAD ALIGNED DOCTOR. You're on the good side and you have a special power. Every NIGHT you can PROTECT a player and they cannot be KILLED that night.

Tracker posted:

You are a BREAD ALIGNED TRACKER. You're on the good side and you have a special power. Every NIGHT you can TRACK a player and you will find out WHO THEY VISITED if they visited anybody.

Jailor posted:

You are a BREAD ALIGNED JAILOR. You're on the good side and you have a special power. Every NIGHT you can JAIL a player and they cannot be KILLED that night but they will also not be able to perform their ACTION

BP posted:

You are a BREAD ALIGNED ONESHOT BULLET PROOF. You're on the good side and you have a special power. The FIRST time somebody tries to KILL you, their action fails and you do not die.

Mafia Goon posted:

You are BLAND and BUTTER ALIGNED. You're on the bad side but you have no special powers. Your BUTTER BUD is _______ and every NIGHT the TWO of you can pick one player to KILL.

Mafia Roleblocker posted:

You are a BUTTER ALIGNED ROLEBLOCKER. You're on the bad side and you have a special power. Every NIGHT you can BLOCK one player and they will be unable to do their regular action. You BUTTER BUD is _______ and every NIGHT the TWO of you can pick one player to KILL.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 15, 2014

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll send out PMs in a bit don't worry about checking in or anything.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry peeps, I've been busy and also my internet browser keep crashing or freezing every few minutes. Role PMs should be out soon.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Requesting that the mod rewrite all the flavor so this is now a wrestling mafia game.

UNFORTUNATELY I saw this request too late to do anything without adding in more delays so it's still going to be BREAD flavoured but now every time a player is removed, either by the vote or by a nightkill I will write up a flavour post about the ongoing struggle of a local bread themed wrestling circuit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Oh can we get a votefinder in the OP?

Someday.

In mean time the game has started, assume your deadline is Friday 10pm est and that day two will start at 2am est Saturday. That's a four hour night, if you have an action but won't be available for the night phase you can send it in early.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Since I was slow on votefinder and everything I can extend the deadline for you guys if you'd like. Only by an hour though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do y'all want the extension or not?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Day 1 over. Nobody got lunched. I'd like all the actions in the next four hours. Writing up a flavour post.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Whoops, never wrote a flavour post. I'm going to sleep. Send me your actions before I awake.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

soscannonballs, BLAND BREAD, was eaten in the night. Maybe I will write a flavour post at some point, but let's be real here. It's day 2 now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would like to see more posting from everybody here on day two, no hard post counts required, but please :justpost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

goodness, BUTTER aligned ROLEBLOCKER was eaten for lunch day 2. It is now night. Get your actions in by morning.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So the problem with running two games is that you keep forgetting which game you should be updating.

Pinterest Mom, BREAD aligned JAILOR, was eaten in the night. It is now Day 3.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:retrogames: oh man guys :retrogames:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poison Mushroom, BLAND BREAD, was eaten for lunch on day 3. It is now night. I will reopen the thread at 11pm EST if I get actions before then. Otherwise, tomorrow morning.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tithin, BLAND BREAD has been eaten in the night. It is now day 4.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

All the more time for BE

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mr. Maltose, BLAND BREAD, has been eaten for lunch Day 4. It is now night.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Scum have won. However before I reveal anything I'm curious to see what would have happened if there was another day left and it was just the three of you. If the game was still going what would you do as players here?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah lamp was scum btw and kitara was nked. My modding lacked the full effort it needed and I apologize for letting Mr. M exist without making posts for so long.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also:

soscannonballs posted:

Going back and looking at this thread again I really really don't like this post. I just don't see how a town player could ever have this attitude in such a small game. If you don't like the content that people put out in the first day, you could try creating some yourself by looking at the little that has been posted.

Lamp came in and put a joke (I assume it was a joke) vote on someone when people were actually talking about looking for scum (which according to you is irrelevant) and instead of commenting on that you chose to point out a bug pun. Not only are you not scumhunting, but you are actively trying to sabotage scumhunting discussion by saying its irrelevant to do so.

##vote goodness

I would also be fine voting Lamp if it comes to it, but right now I would prefer to lynch Goodness.

Soscannonballs does it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

PM post the link to fruits and veggies in here so I can beat people up maybe.

• Locked thread