Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
go vote allen wren id be down to switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ugh, good job lynching town for shitposting I guess.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hell why not

#vote Allen Wren

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

go vote allen wren id be down to switch

dont actually do this lamo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
poo poo I'm bad at voting

##vote Allen Wren

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
ok whatever lol
##vote allen wren
didnt think youd do it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
After a reread I've cooled a little on Fast Luck and am loathe to no-lynch so ##vote Fathis.

I still think Fast Luck is stretching but I think I see his points a bit clearly now. Life has cleared up a bit so I'm going to be lurking less in the future.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:shrug: Whatever. Might as well cast a vote somewhere.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HiipFire posted:

ok whatever lol
##vote allen wren
didnt think youd do it

I know I'm town, I don't know what allen is so I guess I have a better chance voting against him even if it'd turn out to be futile.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
well cya fathis
YOU BETTER NOT HAVE LIED TO ME MAN

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HiipFire posted:

well cya fathis
YOU BETTER NOT HAVE LIED TO ME MAN

I TOTALLY DID NOT. YOU'LL SEE, YOU'LL ALL SEE YOU SCRUBLORDS.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Also about Allen Wren, I have a hard time believing that someone who takes getting jokevoted on day
1 by 3 people so incredibly personally, have an account for 6 years and not be probated even once.
Idk it just seems fake to me, but Fathis is getting lynched so whatever I guess :/

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Hiip why would you change from a vote that would lead to a lynch to a throwaway on someone who hasn't posted in 2 days? Guess we found another scum since you guys seem intent on another no lynch

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Cause I made a joke, and then someone else posted to make the vote count 8, so it wouldn't make a difference if I changed it anyway

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

HiipFire posted:

Cause I made a joke, and then someone else posted to make the vote count 8, so it wouldn't make a difference if I changed it anyway

As in I changed my vote to a jokevote cause idk im dumb and unfunny

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

So why not stay on the safe side in case someone flips last minute?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ok guys fathis has been hammered now (twice) and the rules say no posting after the hammer.

:redhammer:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Also is there an easy way to see the vote because scrolling back a few pages I didn't see 8 votes

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
thats a good point
##vote Fathis
ive been awake for way too long, im gonna go sleep before i do other stupid poo poo

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Ohh you dont have to wait until the deadline if you got a majority.......right ok neat

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fathis Munk BLAND BREAD was eaten for lunch. It's now night.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was hoping you guys would have sent me your night actions already but get them to me ASAP. Sorry for the wait in the flip.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
loving told you so, that's what you get for not trusting me :smug:

Accurate depiction of my first mafia round :

Anyways, good luck town, see y'all around :ocelot:

(edited out coz I'm dumb on addition of being dead.)

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 23, 2014

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
NO POSTING WHEN YOURE DEAD GOD MAN ARE YOU DUMB OR JUST DUMB

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

dead people are usually allowed to do a quick goodbye post to say "Go town!" or whatever because if town wins, they win too, even if they are dead. But you could say told you so also if you wanted.

:confused:

Jeez Louise don't get your panties in a twist

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You can post basic stuff like "Told you so" or "Go town" and so on but posting game advice like "Hiip was flip flopping" while dead is not good.

Sorry we killed you!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

You can post basic stuff like "Told you so" or "Go town" and so on but posting game advice while dead is not good.

Sorry we killed you!

Oh. :hurr:

Should I edit that out? Sorry bout all that I just figured that this wasn't really amazing advice or anything.

E: 'tis gone. I'll have to remember that :v:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My fault for not closing the thread.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gabriel Pope, BLAND BREAD, was eaten in the night. It is now day 3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Allen Wren, AtrociousToaster, blacknyte, Dragonatrix, Epsilon Plus, Fast Luck, HiipFire, Kerro, Pez, The Carpet Shark

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lunch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 8 hours.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
so

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I am completely loving confused at this point

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That sucks

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I don't know who the gently caress to vote for so I'm going back to my jokevote

##vote Allen Wren

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
##vote Dragonatrix

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

I voted Fathis anyhow because no one was biting on my case on you, Gabriel. I want to actually achieve a lynch today - deadline is 11pm EST btw!! - and my vote on Fathis was the fifth one, so that was promising. There's also another reason I was willing to vote Fathis but I want to see how things play out before I go into that.
so someone might remember that i said this. i can explain it now. i remembered there's a 50% chance we have a cop and i thought kerro might be that cop. i thought this because after never mentioning fathis on d1, kerro started off d2 with this:

Kerro posted:

However, I feel totally convinced about ##vote Fathis Munk. I already felt it was likely that one of him and Dragon were scum, and the fact that he left the vote on me after it was clear that that wasn't happening and then disappeared until deadline makes me think he was counting on either a last-minute switch to me due to a lack of better options, or more likely a no-lynch which is scummy as gently caress, especially since he acknowledged that some of the arguments seemed convincing but chose not to comment further or vote on them anyway.
kerro also warned people later on not to back away from voting fathis because we feel bad:

Kerro posted:

I'm also not quite sure what to make of the reactions to Allen and Fathis. Both of them have done a 'welp, vote for me then I can't win' defeatist kinda thing, and in both cases people have backed off them (less so in Fathis' case but you mention it) and I want to know if people are backing off because they think that these players are not scum, or because they feel bad about it. I know I get super-frustrated when I get cased for what feels to me like no good reason and I don't like doing that to someone else, but it also shouldn't get in the way of voting for people who are acting scummy.
so from not mentioning fathis period to "totally convinced" after n1 and with a little bump to the fathis campaign like that i thought kerro may have done a cop investigation, but i didnt want to say that at the time because i didnt want to get the cop killed. obviously, fathis was town and kerro wasn't a cop and i was completely wrong again.

well anyway it kind of sucks that two of the more active people, gabriel and fathis, are both dead now.

after revisiting kerro i'm a bit suspicious there again, someone acting helpful and serious and also sticking up for me as town in a few places, that all seems swell, and then the other highest volume poster gets killed and i get spared... hmm

however, i also am agreeable to the "lynch a lurker" suggestion and i think that would be quite deserved.

lurker would be, imo, carpet shark (lately, anyway), hiipfire (ironically, since this is hiip's idea), or epsilon. allen too but i really don't think "quitting posting entirely" is something scum is allowed to do. i can ask mmm to confirm but i think not posting period for multiple days will end up being a mod kill so we don't need to lynch him.

blacknyte
Oct 13, 2014
If you look at how discussion flowed yesterday, Dragonatrix was always right at the cusp of being voted. Fathis was pushed while Dragonatrix votes went into hiding.

I think scum, Dragonatrix included, pushed Fathis discussion and votes. Gabriel's death gives this theory a bit more credence because Gabriel would have wanted Dragonatrix lynched today I believe. If you look at page 7, a lot of people talked about Dragonatrix and the discussion did not actually go anywhere.

For example, this looks like distancing on Dragonatrix:

The Carpet Shark posted:

I have to say that I never really felt like Dragonatrix was particularly scummy so it is weird to me that people were pointing them out. A lot of players were only tossing in a few posts at the time so it kind of seems like people who were pointing out Dragonatrix in particular were looking to make up viable reasons to frame them. I think it was blacknyte who originally voted this way though, and all of blacknyte's votes have been strange.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I had a re-read of the thread last night. I could be wrong but I think what is happening is that the scum team are mostly if not entirely lurkers. The fact that we got a no-lynch D1 and struggled to get the numbers to reach a lynch D2 makes me think that they're just sitting back and let us argue amongst ourselves. Gabe (who we now know is town) and FL were starting to get suspicious of each other, Dragonatrix made a case on FL, but my gut feel after a re-read is that this is just townies arguing and that scum are amongst the lurkers/less active. Unfortunately, even if that were true it doesn't narrow it down a whole lot since that list would include:

Allen Wren
Hiipfire
AtrociousToaster
Pez
blacknyte
Epsilon Plus

Out of that list, there's not a lot to go on. Allen has basically checked out of the game, Hiipfire has voted Fathis and Allen and no-one else, and keeps coming back to Allen no matter what. AtrociousToaster has made next to no serious posts in the thread and only one vote. Pez accused people of lots of typing and no voting while basically having done neither. blacknyte I don't even know. He's voted quite a bit but I cannot follow his reasoning at all. Epsilon Plus has placed one vote ever and has next to no content.

So gently caress if I know.

But then I also realised I had left Carpet Shark off the list above cos I had it in my head that he'd posted some good content, and looking back at his post history there is a bit more content there than some of the others. However, he has not voted even once. If we do in fact have a lurky scum team, then this really stands out to me. So for now, ##vote The Carpet Shark

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I was more coming back to Allen cause I disagreed with lynching Fathis and wanted to lynch a lurker, I'm willing to lynch any lurker though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

Fast Luck posted:

so from not mentioning fathis period to "totally convinced" after n1

The rest of your post is fair enough - I really did think I was on the right track with Fathis, but this is not quite accurate. On D1 I said I felt sure that one of Gabriel, Dragonatrix and Fathis were scum for trying to bandwagon an easy D1 vote and that out of those I thought that Gabriel was the scummiest followed by Fathis and Dragonatrix. Later I felt more convinced by Gabe's posting that he was town, which left Fathis as my number 1 suspect coming into D2.

• Locked thread