Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, like most people say, day one's a crapshoot. I'm just going to chill on the counter for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Well, I was going to ask why you thought I was being scummy, but apparently it's not up for discussion. gently caress.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also I dunno what I think Atrocious Toaster is.

poo poo like that is why I hate gamefaqs. You go there because you're trying to figure out a boss or a sequence that doesn't make sense to you and you get to that part of the faq and it just says "oh, this guy's easy, I don't even have to write any strategy here, just beat them and move on." If I knew how, I wouldn't need to look at a clarifying document. Same thing here. Why don't you tell us what you think Toaster is?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It was the last post in the thread when I rolled out of bed and started reading threads.

In fact, I'm not even trying to defend myself, I'm just wondering what the methodology was. I still haven't voted because we've got fuckall to go on.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also, for gently caress's sake, Pope, chill a bit. You're going LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC and running around like a chicken with your head cut off.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

I'm aware that trying to look for patterns in the random noise of the first day is going to be largely fruitless and I don't actually expect much to come from it,

Correct.

quote:

but that's better than the entirely fruitless strategy of continuing to jokepost or twiddle our thumbs until deadline.

Wrong.

:justpost:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I was gonna say, I was momentarily confused.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

this is an all newbie game

People sure aren't posting like they're newbies.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

With the whole "I know strategy" thing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I played once, offsite. I was a watcher. It sucked.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Of course, this is the first chance I get to sit down and reply to the thread since this morning, but Gabriel's going to think I'm being scummy because OH GOD WREN REPLIED an hour and a half IMMEDIATELY AFTER SOMEONE CALLED HIM SCUM.

Of course, Gabriel is also the person who's going through everyone's posts piece by piece (while ignoring the fact that I responded to the posts I did because they were the most recent when I woke up) and also calls other people humorless nerds. Look in the mirror, son.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Whatever.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

##vote Allen Wren

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

It means I can't open my loving mouth without everyone taking it as being "defensive" so what the gently caress ever.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Good job lynching town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Go ahead and vote me, whatever. If I start voting at people, I'm scum. If I tell people to not vote, I'm scum. If I think someone is scum, I'm scum.

##vote Allen Wren

• Locked thread