Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Aw yeaaah, second forums game, first SA mafia, LET'S DO THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

AtrociousToaster posted:

hey new mafia buddies, how's it going?

First time playing mafia or any forums game, please be gentle :)

I bet he's lying. We should kill him first :ese:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I think so ? Then again the games has not officially started as long as the missing dude does not turn up/gets booted if I understood all this correctly.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

The game has started because the people got impatient and threatened to "rise" up against the the mold. I mean mod, ha!

Blacknyte is just not here for the start of the game. I wouldn't kill him right away, though, because if he continues to not show up, he may be replaced and it doesn't make sense to kill him for not posting when a replacement may be about to pop in and start posting.

Hell yeah let's get murdering investigating.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Can I vote your mom ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Carpet Shark posted:

Guys what do you think of my reads so far:

Fathis Munk - Fathis Munk is a bad anagram of Math is Funk, a sentiment I can get behind. You can stay.

Haha that's p close to the actual origin of the pseudonym.

So wait we are actually already voting for realz? Let's not vote out toaster on the first day of the first game.

Jumping onto the ##vote kerro bandwagon.

Disclaimer : phone voting is hard and I may have to edit syntax on the vote cause I might have gotten it wrong. :toot:

E: yeah called it, had a ":" in there. In the future should I just double post if I gently caress up a vote syntax?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

blacknyte posted:

I apologize for holding up the game.

Holding up games is typical scum behavior imo :colbert:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why can't we all just be town and live in peace and harmony? I launch an appeal to the scum and say : come forward, surrender your weapons and become a part of our idyllic community.

We will all be greater persons for solving this peacefully.

:tipshat:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pez posted:

Why is everyone voting for Kerro? Fathis Munk is the one that's being suspicious, talking all murdery one minute and peaceful the next. Not to mention stumbling over his post syntax. Rock the vote!

##vote Fathis Munk

U motherfuckre.

You're next, scum :ese:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Wait if you quote-a-vote (nice rhyme), does it get counted twice?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pez posted:

My only fence-sitting was because I'm new here, this is my first time hunting out those slippery butter scum. I'm starting to see who is trying to stir up trouble amongst us and speaking out against it!

Same but being moderate is boring especially right now when votes are pretty much guesses.

#yolo :ese:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

blacknyte posted:

Thanks. I have received my role PM and am sorry about holding up the game.

Has everyone else receiving a PM already?

Yeah we've all received our PMs

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pez posted:

I never said I sided with Kerro, I just wondered what was going on and thought Fathis Munk was being suspiciously wishy washy. Don't toast me bro!

I'm not wishy washy, I am impulsive and a shitposter. :justpost:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

blacknyte posted:

##vote Dragonatrix

Total scumslip :smug:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Maybe all scum should just commit suicide right now, save us some time.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I am not liking any of you.

THERE I SAID IT.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Allen Wren posted:

Correct.

Wrong.

:justpost:

lol @ you for thinking I'll go on a big involved scum hunt on the first day of my first game.

I'm here to shitpost, have fun and see how a SA mafia game works :shrug:

:justpost: is what I do and I voted you cause why not? I p much know no one in here except a couple of dudes playing sa Survivor with me atm so I figured I might as well pick one of the names that have already come up.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Woops I originally quoted that post to agree with it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Allen Wren posted:

I was gonna say, I was momentarily confused.

Yeah sorry 'bout that :downs:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This being my second forum game I'm pretty amused how my clueless posting is interpreted as assholish strategy. All mafia vets are paranoid yo. :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

this is an all newbie game

Some of you have played mafia before no? I know this is a newbie game but I get the feeling there still are tiers of experience.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Allen Wren posted:

People sure aren't posting like they're newbies.

:hf: I like you, :justpost:-brother.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dragonatrix posted:

yeah you can view peoples game history on votefinder fwiw

Oh nice!

I'm not criticising the paranoia in itself, it's just that I find it fun how it leads you to suspect most of the people having posted a lot of stuff in here I guess :shrug: all of my posts are dumb and useless tbh cause I'm p sure I won't suddenly figure out the scum on d1.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

(Ok, I know I've been posting a lot but I'm about to leave work and go do stuff for a while.)

Same, except I'm going to take the train. You'll have to make do without my delectable content!

Also being totally analytical about scum like Fast Luck for example strikes me as a good strategy to get people to vote for other people. Especially amongst easily influenced newbies.

:wink:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ok, realtalk :

I don't think Fast Luck is scum from what I've seen (and if he turns out to be, I'll have made an rear end of myself :v:)
I p much shitposted the entire thread cause it was a slow day at work and posting dumb stuff is the way I roll in p much any thread I post in. What I find funny is how apparently my :justpost: attitude paint me as scum.

I am not trying to contribute atm since it seems to me that its too early to really be able to tell who's who, at least on my experience level. What I'm scoffing at is not the fact that people make reads, it's that they erroneously put me into the scum territory because of my joke posts :confused: I mean you do what you want but if posting dumb poo poo makes me suspicious I guess I'll never last very far in these games. I will not restrain myself from :justpost:ing at the very least on the first day cause that would simply not be fun for me.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

And yes, I find Munk's posts a bit strange. You'd think a new player would either a) be curious to start playing, or b) be lurky for a few days to see how stuff works.

Where is the fun in lurking ? I'm reading your posts and trying to learn from the way you think but if I wanted to lurk I'd just spectate. The fun part for me is posting stuff for other people to read and to react to what other people posted. Right now my playing plan is : goof around until I figure out something better to do. I've never been that huge of a planner :shrug:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'll make my calls when I feel them. Til then I'll shitpost and watch. It's like lurking but with more posts.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pez posted:

I am utterly confused at this point, so I'm leaving my vote where it is for now. Although the argument about blacknyte is one that may sway me, mostly because he voted for me so quickly

Yeah I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired but that's kinda what I'm feeling too. I actually find most of those arguments convincing but I'm just not sure if I can trust them :tinfoil:

(Yes in truth I'm also paranoid :v:)

Sorry Kerro, let's just leave that vote there for now, luck of the draw. More or less.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

Votecount for Day 1

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lunch.

:yum:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Weekend indeed. Family stuff has kept me kind of busy, I'll probably be posting more again (:confuoot:)

Even though it seems like posting is the absolute worst thing to do in mafia since it has put me on top of the hitlist.

I've left that vote on Kerro since 1) I had forgotten when the deadline was exactly tbqh 2) I didn't know on whom else to put it. And let's be quite honest, had I switched and we lynched a town dude, it would just have been more COMPELLING EVIDENCE against me.

I still love how my posting put me on the suspect list and then my not posting put me even higher on it :allears: Maybe I'll scumhunt tomorrow morining, it's getting too late to think about internet games over here. Though tbh it looks like a lot of you have made your mind up and are going to lynch innocent ol' Fathis so whatever I guess :shrug:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

This attitude is not exactly helping!

Eh, there is nothing I can actually say to defend myself and I don't have time to sit down and think correctly about this game right now, shitload of work got dropped on me :smith:

Defending my case only makes me seem more scummy, what am I going to do, yell "I'm not scum, I promise ?" I think I'll just stay my suicidal course that is simply 2dumb4scum.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

OK ive gone through the gabriel's posting in response to atrocioustoaster's post. Well i picked up on something maybe. gonna throw it out there and see what yall think.

this is from early early. joke part of the game early. "Ive got my eye on fathis too, BUT no, you, pez!" says gabe. would be meaningless except "Yeah maybe fathis BUT" is something that seems to appear maybe a bit too often in gabe's posting, i think? and this is starting here even before gabe would actually have a real read.
"fathis placed a bandwagon vote BUT... it's jokey"
"yeah you've been calling out Fathis's shitposting BUT isn't allen's poo poo posting MORE scummy?"
"yes fathis is suspicious and a better vote than a no lynch BUT dont vote fathis, vote any of these other guys, how about?"

"yeah fathis is a bit silent BUT it's the weekend AND BUT dragonatrix has been quiet too."
"dragon is MORE SCUMMY THAN FATHIS."

i mean, why is gabe such an apologist for fathis? gabe posts a lot so it wasn't that obvious to me until i specifically went to look what his reads were on fathis and then was like whoa. he's going to pretty great lengths isn't he? at this point i think it might be smart to lynch fathis and check out how he flips. the one post that makes this seem a bit more innocent to me is this one:
the "I still believe in you" seems like too far even for a scumbro to go.

Hey now whoah. So because this dude seems to have taken a liking to me and thus might be scum you're going to lynch me. :raise:

Huh.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
tbh I really underestimated how much effort SA mafia was going to take and this game started in a really bad period for me thus I can't really get my mind together to do serious scum hunting. If you want to lynch me to see me flip town, yeah go ahead. I'll be back to haunt you saying "I toooold you soooo"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

2) I honestly thought his posts were entertaining :shobon:

:toot:

s'okay you dudes can go on lynching me if you feel like it I'm not sure I'll have a lot of free time on my hands in the next couple days anyways :(

(You suckers will still lynch a newbee townie though :wink:)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

if you're town, do you think Gabe's defenses of you go so far as to imply he knows you're town

No, I don't think he knows for sure. I think he has his doubts as most people seem to have but as he said he kinda enjoyed my lovely posts and thus was more reluctant to have me voted out. I think since we don't really know each other it's the little things that tip you over.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm not even sure how he could know I'm town except if he's scum but then why would he defend me from getting lynched ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Gabriel Pope posted:

Fathis was my #4 lynch candidate, then my #3, then my #2, and is now pretty much my #1.

Looks like I got promoted

FATHIS MUNK #1 :toot:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

his being scum was my implication. tyhere's lots of reasons he might want to protect you from being lynched, even if he's scum
a) maybe he enjoyed your posting!
b) your shitposting doesn't help town, so he'd rather you stay than some other townie
c) by saying he thinks youre town, when you flip town he could look good. "i tried to warn you guys"

Man I'm not thinking backstabby enough for this game. I think next time I play I need to get into that mindset right away, I'm just not in the zone atm.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fast Luck posted:

also i don't really like how he's now completely reversing couyrse and saying you've been promoted to his #1 suspect. seems like he's trying to recover from me puylling that long list of posts supporting you, but just the other day he was posting "i still believe in you :shobon:" and i don't really think someone shoudl go from there to "#1 suspect fathis" this way umless they're scrambling.

You know I have a big problem with you, you make good and compelling arguments but tend to be convincing enough that I wonder "What if I'm being played like a tool" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I know my saying "Hey dudes I'm town" is highly suspicious but at the moment I really just don't have the energy/time to sift through posts with my Sherlock Holmes hat on :smith: I kinda suck because I'm letting my first game go to waste here but what are you gonna do, IRL comes first.

Since I can't quite invest the time I'd like to scum hunting at the moment all I can do is try and prevent you to lynch town (i.e. me). And except coming out saying that kind of stuff and hoping someone trusts me I don't quite know what to do.

I don't have any actual big scum feeling about FLuck but it's just that everyone seems to trust his reasonings without questioning and while, yeah they are good, if he's scum he's playing all of us.

Anyways, don't feel like you have to protect my feelings or anything, I won't be offended for getting lynched in a forums game :shrug:

• Locked thread