Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

honestly that's a fair interpretation and i fully respect if people disagree with me, resolving simultaneously actions is tricky, but I'm giving the win to Chili. Technically zyzxx dies the same time as Chili and Chili wins when he's the only player left alive.

I like that Chili won but died the next day, that's perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better ending to my last game for a while, and I loved all the flavor. Thanks a lot somber!

Also we pretty much had it down to capps and chili in the masonry for the last couple days so that feels good too. Thanks apostate you were a cool mason buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I never caught on that there was a serial killer, that's true.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

apostateCourier posted:

I never caught on that there was a serial killer, that's true.

Same, my guess was there would be a survivor, but I wasn't sure if it would be Chili or one of the inventors.
So when Chili claimed survivor I was like "HERE WE GO"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like that Chili won but died the next day, that's perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better ending to my last game for a while, and I loved all the flavor. Thanks a lot somber!

Also we pretty much had it down to capps and chili in the masonry for the last couple days so that feels good too. Thanks apostate you were a cool mason buddy!

then why did we come to the conclusion that it was okay to vote fore quid

Ugh I wanted to vote for Chili so bad the whole game but I knew it was just bias but now I know otherwise

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

then why did we come to the conclusion that it was okay to vote fore quid

Ugh I wanted to vote for Chili so bad the whole game but I knew it was just bias but now I know otherwise

because we figured we would get more info about chili the next day and I don't think anyone else had any interest in voting for capps.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What was Chili?

A clockwork monstrosity created by her mad scientist husband, Uder.

Most of this flavor was jacked from an old roleplaying game adventure which you can read here, if you like. I recently ran this irl while I was running the game and it was a lot of fun, Steve managed to get away there :unsmith:

JOAT

I like roles that give players choices, so JOAT has always been a favorite role of mine. Ninth’s role was almost certainly too powerful in retrospect. Each night, he could choose between an unblockable kill, a janitor kill, and a ninja kill, but he could not choose the same power two nights in a row. The idea here was that any one of these would be useful, but would leave Ninth vulnerable to another town role. The unblockable kill would beat the doctor and bulletproof, but would be visible to the watcher and tracker. The ninja kill would beat the watcher and tracker but would risk being blocked. The janitor kill could deny the town useful information and give Ninth a handy claim, but poo poo could go sideways with the stump revival.

I should have made these one-use only powers. I was scum recently with an Assassin on my team and it didn’t seem like a big deal, but in a game with multiple kills it really, really is. If nothing else, I should have made this only able to go through the first protection.

Still, I like the idea behind this role. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see it in action.

Double-Voter/Lynchbomb

Again, crippled by a dead teammate day one. Still a very very powerful role, but it removed any real interesting choice. I feel okay about giving Scum a double-vote, any night they had the chance to die to Chili.

Ella

Chili expressed a lot of interesting thoughts to me over the course of the game about his role. Serial-killers are a tough role to run or play, but I think he played it about as well as anyone could, right down to the crazy claims.

The thing is, having a kill is a crazy powerful thing. It's also very dangerous. I wanted to give Ella protection from a night kill, but with the twist that she'd have to convince her partner not to out her. Chili's claim was probably a better role than what I came up with!

Inventors

The same way that no one trust an unconfirmed mason pair, I've found that few people trust inventor pairs. This didn't really play out like I thought it would, due to some great coordination on the town end.

I thought the EpiPen stump revival would be fun/cool but it was kind of a pain to mod around! I like to send ~elaborate~ death flavor and I couldn't do that with this thing floating around. I'd be way more careful about using a stump in the future.

Town MVP: Probably Quid or AC. Quid blocking two kills at the start was huge. AC had it wrapped up at the end. I dunno, you guys would know better!

Scum MVP: Capps you got so close! Big props man, you played a hell of a game.

I just want to give a huge hand to everyone who played. This was a very fun game to run and you have all been very accommodating and forgiving of any mistakes or confusion on my end. Congratulations on a game well played, everyone, and Happy Halloween.

:spooky:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10NTnLLjoYmZ3xNCpJ3ZBmI3MOoYetTsuvynAql3wIVM/edit#gid=0

Here is the scum doc, nothing really of note besides me thinking "oh their might be two scum teams."

I was almost right :smith:

apostateCourier posted:

Yeah he was pinging me like hell but I was so focused on just keeping myself alive that I didn't really gave any thought to it. My heart was not in it when I sided with him those last few days

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somber you didn't even post the best flavour post of all, the ok you sent to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

Somber you didn't even post the best flavour post of all, the ok you sent to me.

hahahahaha okay one second

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

quote:

Somberbrero wrote on Oct 24, 2014 23:16:
From behind you, you hear a voice whisper “Psst!” into your ear. You turn around quickly, but before you can say anything a hand clamps over your month. Capps is standing there, and he motions towards the other room, away from the group in the living room. You hesitate, but follow him silently into the laundry room. Capps gingerly shuts the door, then sighs running a hand through his hair. He starts to pace around the room and says “Oh man, thank you for coming with me. I just needed someone else to see this. Check right behind the washer.”

You stare at Capps for a few seconds before saying “What are you talking about, man?”

He sighs and looks you in the eyes, saying “Look, I’m worried about the people who live here. I think they might be into some sick poo poo. Just take a look, I don’t want to talk about it until you see.”

You shrug, and lean over the washing machine, looking for what he’s talking about. From behind you, you hear the sound of metal scraping across the floor. You turn just in time to catch an axe-head in your throat. There are several more explosions of pain, and then the light fades.

You died night two!

I catch the ax and throw it killing all the bad guys at once and stuff then I walk through the snow like a badass and become president

quote:

Somberbrero wrote on Oct 24, 2014 23:35:
Oval Office, October 24th 2020

President for Life Manikin sat with his feet up on his desk in the Oval Office. The old wooden one had been thrown out, the new desk was cool steel, just like Manikin's eyes. He was considering the latest news from the front. The Ghost Wars had been raging like wildfire across the MidWest as of late, no one knew why but Manikin had a suspicion. In fact, he was almost certain as he read the latest debrief from the front. It seemed the nexus of the Ghost Magnate's power was a small farmhouse, just outside of Surrey.

Manikin sighed. He knew what had to be done. "Hell of a thing," he muttered. He pulled out his Colt Magnum .357 loaded with extra special Soul Bullets, perfect for killing ghosts, and put it to his head.

Chief Justice Arbiter Joe Biden burst through the door. "President, no! I sensed your danger as the President Force welled within me. I'm not ready for this!"

Manikin just winked and said "Hell Joe, no need to go to all this trouble for me. Y'see, I figured out the problem. I was supposed to die back on that farmhouse, the paradox created by my escape is fueling the temporal rift that leads to the Ghost Lands. So I figure, why kill another hundred thousand ghosts, when I can just kill my past self?"

Arbiter Biden wept a single tear of molten steel, and nodded. With a single bullet, the Ghost Wars had ended, all because of Manikin's noble sacrifice.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just mentioned this in the mafia thread but the main reason why this was a great game to me is that the setup really matched the flavor's theme and created an atmosphere

like i really did felt like a terrible con man bumbling his way in a murder house

this is amazing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Geez, all I got was "oh yeah, you died"

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

honestly that's a fair interpretation and i fully respect if people disagree with me, resolving simultaneously actions is tricky, but I'm giving the win to Chili. Technically zyzxx dies the same time as Chili and Chili wins when he's the only player left alive.

But he's not the only player left alive if they die at the same time; he's dead.

Anyway good game!! Sorry I got lynched so early capps. I ended up being super busy on that one day and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Geez, all I got was "oh yeah, you died"

Haha, I would have liked to take more time with the endgame but I had a dozen "WHAT IS HAPPENING FLIP FLIP FLIP" messages hit my inbox the moment the game closed. :v:

As a sidenote, your role flavor was one of the few I wrote completely from scratch. I really liked the idea of poor Alicia trying to survive night after night in this house through the power of positive thinking.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Haha, I would have liked to take more time with the endgame but I had a dozen "WHAT IS HAPPENING FLIP FLIP FLIP" messages hit my inbox the moment the game closed. :v:

As a sidenote, your role flavor was one of the few I wrote completely from scratch. I really liked the idea of poor Alicia trying to survive night after night in this house through the power of positive thinking.

The power of positive thinking and piles and piles of pharmaceuticals being shoved in her pockets.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Remember yesterday when I called Chili being 3p, you asses :v:

Good game overall! I wish Yuming had played more.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
God loving drat. I'm still not entirely sure what happened but yeah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Saith posted:

God loving drat. I'm still not entirely sure what happened but yeah.

Thanks for playing, I know the setup was a little wonky especially for a first game. Hope we see you again!

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
It was worth it to read all the cool flavour.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

The best game is the one that ends with everyone dead. :black101:

This was fun! Thanks for modding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I never even got to post after I was revived :||||

I was gonna rally for Chili to die oooo well. This game was awesome, I especially liked the clockwork flavor of my character.

Presign me up for your next game Somb!

• Locked thread