Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the biggest flop of 2015???
This poll is closed.
Adrian Neville 66 13.66%
Finn Balor 14 2.90%
Hideo Itami 176 36.44%
Kalisto 133 27.54%
Sami Zayn 36 7.45%
The Former Kevin Steen 58 12.01%
Total: 483 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

Non-Total Divas include AJ, Paige, Fox.....Layla? I don't watch Total Divas so I don't know the full cast, but that is slim

Pretty soon it's gonna be down to AJ, Layla, and Emma. I hope the NXT women never get called up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

God dammit, Paige is better than that. They might as well just permanently attach the belt to AJ.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but there's maybe one Diva on the show who wouldn't be a terrible champion.

Naomi or Nattie?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Naomi or Nattie?

Nattie. I could be talked into Nikki Bella as well if she keeps improving.

I know people like Naomi but the rear view is the dumbest poo poo and I cannot get over that.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

IcePhoenix posted:

I know people like Naomi but the rear view is the dumbest poo poo and I cannot get over that.

I was gonna say that Nattie can't cut a promo (based on what I've seen in the last year) but has Naomi ever cut a promo?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Nattie. I could be talked into Nikki Bella as well if she keeps improving.

she hasn't won a match with the rear view in forever

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In theory I'd be all for a division where all the actual workers compete for the belt while the "Divas" do the reality show and stay out of the title picture. Of course in reality even if they did shift Natalya, Paige, and maybe Naomi off the show they still wouldn't get any real time on TV or stories beyond jealousy and cattiness.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oatgan posted:

she hasn't won a match with the rear view in forever

I don't care if she wins with it though, it's that it exists at all in her moveset.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
she's transitioning to a submission finisher iirc so hopefully she stops being objectified for her rear end soon.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Her last three or four wins have been with Mariko Yoshida's Spider Twist, and before that she's used various Final Cut variants. (Big Show style, not Goldust style.) Though Cameron hosed up tapping to the Spider Twist too early last time, so it came off as more like a bizarro chicken wing.

If the Total Divas rule is in place, the belt basically is AJ's forever. Layla and Emma aren't going too be put in a PPV match any time soon and unless Tamina has gotten a shittonne better while injured, I don't know why they'd put it on her, either. But like I said in the TD thread, it's not like they would strip the belt off AJ if she agreed to be on TD. I imagine with Paige and Alicia Fox being added they'll drop that rule. WWE has done a lot of dumb stuff with women, but having a belt that can only be held by three people is too stupid even for them.

edit: and to keep it vaguely NTX-related, I don't think this means any call-ups soon. All the NXT women are good but still need a little time.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

What is it with them giving every diva a submission finisher these days? It's better then some of the half-assed moves they ended matches with before but it definitely seems like a trend. Naomi is really agile and athletic so I'd rather they give her some sort of acrobatic finisher to show off the things she's good at. It's been a really long time since a woman wrestler in the WWE has had a move off the turnbuckle as a finisher, right? A moonsault or something would help her stand out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Baby Babbeh posted:

What is it with them giving every diva a submission finisher these days? It's better then some of the half-assed moves they ended matches with before but it definitely seems like a trend.

Paige got a jesus pop the first time she broke out the scorpion cross lock so now they're trying to see if that happens every time.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Submission moves are typically slower and more methodical, so it's harder to gently caress them up and virtually impossible for anybody to actually be injured. When you're talking about a group of people who sometimes have trouble running the ropes, it's best to keep their move sets as safe as possible.

Either that or somebody high-up has a thing for watching women screaming and submitting, which wouldn't wholly surprise me with WWE's track record.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Baby Babbeh posted:

What is it with them giving every diva a submission finisher these days? It's better then some of the half-assed moves they ended matches with before but it definitely seems like a trend. Naomi is really agile and athletic so I'd rather they give her some sort of acrobatic finisher to show off the things she's good at. It's been a really long time since a woman wrestler in the WWE has had a move off the turnbuckle as a finisher, right? A moonsault or something would help her stand out.

She should use the Harlem Hangover. Just don't, uh, don't call it anything like that.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

She should use the Harlem Hangover. Just don't, uh, don't call it anything like that.

Maybe I'm misremembering Harlem finishers, since they had five or six of them, but wasn't that Booker T's top rope flip legdrop? That didn't even look safe when he did it and he's good at wrestling. If you start throwing those around with divas, somebody's going to die.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Baby Babbeh posted:

She was using a split-legged moonsault for awhile during her pirate phase. She probably dropped it because that move never connects for anyone.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

:cripes: Why, Paige? I thought I heard her and AJ were both vehemently against joining the cast. It's especially a weird move knowing how much winning the title meant to her.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

:cripes: Why, Paige? I thought I heard her and AJ were both vehemently against joining the cast. It's especially a weird move knowing how much winning the title meant to her.

I wonder if her being Summer's travel buddy played a part.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I wonder if significant amounts of money had anything to do with it. Hmm

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
In the documentary about her family, Paige makes it pretty clear that she wants to do everything Diva-esque. I don't think there's much she'd turn down.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Baby Babbeh posted:

The ladies, being smaller on average than the guys, have a more difficult time making impact and slam moves look and sound convincing. Some of them are great at it but for a lot of the others submissions are much more appropriate. Flexibility also probably plays a role for the same reason Jericho couldn't do the Liontamer in WWE because he was facing a lot of bigger guys and against REALLY big guys the Walls of Jericho looks completely pathetic. Aerial/top rope moves would also work but if Rosa Mendes tried to do a moonsault she could very well launch herself forward into the crowd and kill someone.

That said I haven't watched a women's match on Raw that wasn't Paige vs AJ in months and I'm barely paying attention to that feud anymore so maybe Rosa's pulling off SSPs every week and I'm just not seeing it.

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 21, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone going to the NXT tapings this Thursday?

With or without Seth it is an interesting show as it tapes up until NXT Network Special.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Random pictures from @gravenbabies on Twitter from last night's live event.

Chad Gable is bit of a looker isn't he?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pressedbunny posted:

Submission moves are typically slower and more methodical, so it's harder to gently caress them up and virtually impossible for anybody to actually be injured. When you're talking about a group of people who sometimes have trouble running the ropes, it's best to keep their move sets as safe as possible.

Either that or somebody high-up has a thing for watching women screaming and submitting, which wouldn't wholly surprise me with WWE's track record.

I think its more the higher ups are confused why women's wrestling is popular at all.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

Former NWA champion Adam Pearce is once again working as a guest trainer for the week at the WWE Performance Center. This is Pearce’s second or third time working as a guest trainer for the company.

Wonder if he is going to be offered Nick Dinsmore's role. Personally heard Brian Kendrick is trying to get a job there too.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

rovert posted:

PWInsider:

Wonder if he is going to be offered Nick Dinsmore's role. Personally heard Brian Kendrick is trying to get a job there too.

Spanky could be great. They don't have anyone there focused on fast-paced offense and he was a little dude with actual personality. Also, the Shawn Michaels lineage can't hurt.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

we'll have CJ Parker cutting promos about how the sun is actually really cold

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

we'll have CJ Parker cutting promos about how the sun is actually really cold

I can't wait.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They should get Muta to come in and guest train. Just to teach people how to be cranky and old.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

coconono posted:

They should get Muta to come in and guest train. Just to teach people how to be cranky and old.

Isn't that what DeMott is for?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BlueArmyMan posted:

Isn't that what DeMott is for?

Nah, he's there to help people cope with being told to get in better shape by a guy who was fat and slow his entire career.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

coconono posted:

He could teach Blading 101

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Does Dean Malenko train guys or just do road agent things? Because If not he totally should.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Corzaa posted:

Does Dean Malenko train guys or just do road agent things? Because If not he totally should.

I would imagine there's some coaching involved in a hands-off capacity, but he's mostly doing agent stuff.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

coconono posted:

How to somehow do a barrel roll and a competent shining wizard despite barely being able to walk anymore.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Uhaa Nation is widely reported as being there trying out but is Buff Busick at the WWE tryout too? Anyone know.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Uhaa Nation is widely reported as being there trying out but is Buff Busick at the WWE tryout too? Anyone know.

It would make sense given the sudden dropping of the CZW belt

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would make sense given the sudden dropping of the CZW belt

he also hasn't been in japan since he dropped the triangle gate.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Busick does not seem like the WWE type. But then again I would have said the same about Steen before 6 months ago. Uhaa Nation seems right in their ballpark though, he's like a Titus O'Neil that can actually wrestle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Busick does not seem like the WWE type. But then again I would have said the same about Steen before 6 months ago. Uhaa Nation seems right in their ballpark though, he's like a Titus O'Neil that can actually wrestle.
Uhaa has Charisma too. He's probably everything they ever wanted Big E. to be, a tall, muscular black man who wrestles well and can speak well. Although it's not like it matters because if they don't work immediately they'll be pushed down to feuding with Dolph Ziggler or someone in Superstars.

• Locked thread