Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Variable_H posted:

this is a good post. german cars are the best looking ones by far.

not while poo poo like this exists my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

NSX is cool, 911 GT3 is cooler though

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

pffft nice terrible car choice, here is a good car:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the coolest cars are german hatchback crossover mini suv things

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
german cars look great but i'd rather just drive a korean one into the ground over the next decade instead of taking a german car into the shop every other month

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

german cars look great but i'd rather just drive a korean one into the ground over the next decade instead of taking a german car into the shop every other month

it really is a pain in the rear end dealing with the constant services. my car just hit 80000 miles so I have to pay like $400 to have the transmission fluid flushed and refilled

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
also if you have money or credit you can get any real german car which has like 6 years free maintenance/service/warranty, new, instead of 80s cars that require that

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'm also cheap as gently caress, so there's that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm hoping the OP and his father some day figure out how to live within their means and buy a Hyundai instead.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
420 make six figs but drive an elantra erryday

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

lol at anyone that gets a car new and doesnt lease it. enjoy being bad at finances i guess

Apr 7, 2003

Stealth Like posted:

lol at anyone that gets a car new and doesnt lease it. enjoy being bad at finances i guess

Renting in North America is done almost exclusively in order to drive a car more expensive than the renter can afford to drive were they to purchase it.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

win the super bowl drive off in a hyundai

Apr 7, 2003

also lol at the car-leasing poor who outed himself for the first time in YOSPOS to post about how he rents his car.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

also lol at the car-leasing poor who outed himself for the first time in YOSPOS to post about how he rents his car.

leasing often comes with a lower finance rate than you can get through a traditional loan, while not needing to carry gap insurance. additionally if you arent a poor you probably own a business of some sort and can lease it through it further reducing your tax liability. on top of all of that the vast majority of leases are open ended, meaning that you have the option to purchase the car at any time for the remaining balance. seriously if you get a new car and dont lease it youre probably dumb

Apr 7, 2003

Stealth Like posted:

leasing often comes with a lower finance rate than you can get through a traditional loan, while not needing to carry gap insurance. additionally if you arent a poor you probably own a business of some sort and can lease it through it further reducing your tax liability. on top of all of that the vast majority of leases are open ended, meaning that you have the option to purchase the car at any time for the remaining balance. seriously if you get a new car and dont lease it youre probably dumb

The only people who carry gap insurance are poors. That you think gap insurance is a consideration for normal people (who put 20% down) says to me that you're a poor. Enjoy renting your car, poor.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lease an audi drive off in a hyundai (rental car because your audi is in the shop)

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lease an audi drive off in a hyundai (rental car because your audi is in the shop)

He thinks GAP insurance is a thing. He's poor as gently caress. lmao

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

fits my needs posted:

Apr 7, 2003

Dear Poor Guy Who Has Never Posted in YOSPOS Before:

What you're saying by invoking GAP insurance is that you can't afford 20% down, and you assume that other people can't afford 20% down, either. What that says is that you can't afford a new car, so you're renting a new car. Thank you for proving my point, which is that leases are for poor people who can't afford new cars.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

He thinks GAP insurance is a thing. He's poor as gently caress. lmao

dont put money down on cars ever hth. i mean unless you really cant get greater than a 0 or .9% return on it. i mean you do have non poo poo credit right?

Apr 7, 2003

Stealth Like posted:

dont put money down on cars ever hth. i mean unless you really cant get greater than a 0 or .9% return on it. i mean you do have non poo poo credit right?

Haha, look at this lovely attempt at a save. You just invoked GAP insurance. You don't get to make this argument.

Keep on renting that car you can't afford, thirty kay milly.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

Haha, look at this lovely attempt at a save. You just invoked GAP insurance. You don't get to make this argument.

Keep on renting that car you can't afford, thirty kay milly.

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Stealth Like posted:

Just ordered some after receiving my sample today, good stuff.

A man who purchased rotting beef from a goon posts to suggest that leasing a car is a good idea because he can't afford GAP insurance.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

A man who purchased rotting beef from a goon posts to suggest that leasing a car is a good idea because he can't afford GAP insurance.

ahahahah youre so mad youre looking through my post history

Apr 7, 2003

I'm mad about poors.

Apr 7, 2003

"Definitely, lease a car, it's a great idea" - a guy who thinks $80 is a lot to spend on a power supply

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

Renting in North America is done almost exclusively in order to drive a car more expensive than the renter can afford to drive were they to purchase it.

ironically the other group of leasers are rich ppl who dont give a gently caress and would just rather keep changing cars every 2 years and take it to the dealership for more wiper fluid cause gently caress it its included.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

"Definitely, lease a car, it's a great idea" - a guy who thinks $80 is a lot to spend on a power supply

nobody ever got rich spending too much on power supplies!

Apr 7, 2003

PuTTY riot posted:

ironically the other group of leasers are rich ppl who dont give a gently caress and would just rather keep changing cars every 2 years and take it to the dealership for more wiper fluid cause gently caress it its included.

Yeah, the first group wants people to think they're the second group. The second group isn't invoking GAP insurance as a reason why they lease.

Apr 7, 2003

"I take my Mercedes back and get a new one every six months because gently caress GAP Insurance, I can't afford that poo poo" - bizarro steve jobs

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Stealth Like posted:

ahahahah youre so mad youre looking through my post history

lol you bought meat from a goon

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i got some meat for ya

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol you bought meat from a goon

He got a free sample and ate it and then he ordered more. He also supported Star Citizen. lmao

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

"I take my Mercedes back and get a new one every six months because gently caress GAP Insurance, I can't afford that poo poo" - bizarro steve jobs

lol

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

fits my needs posted:

i got some meat for ya

do you have samples

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

He got a free sample and ate it and then he ordered more. He also supported Star Citizen. lmao

lol

Apr 7, 2003

You'd be really stupid to buy a new car you can't afford instead of leasing it, which I can't affoird to do because I owe money for my Star Citizen fake space planes and also this month's fiery fatty jerky.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Stealth Like posted:

do you have samples

no samples, proper financing only. need proof of insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

fits my needs posted:

no samples, proper financing only. need proof of insurance.

drat i had to lease that last bag and return it after 3 years im ruined now

Citizen Tayne posted:

You'd be really stupid to buy a new car you can't afford instead of leasing it, which I can't affoird to do because I owe money for my Star Citizen fake space planes and also this month's fiery fatty jerky.

just lol

• Locked thread