Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
What you think happened after a movie can be a good starting point for thinking about the movie on a tonal/thematic level, actually, especially when parsing something that's this metaphor-laden.

I don't think he literally died. I think the scene is a visual metaphor for the old Riggan, the one tied down by the Birdman character, fading into memory and a new Riggan, who can actually be recognized on his own merits rather than just for his iconic character, rising from the ashes. But if you want to say he died? gently caress it, I can buy that too. I just don't like it as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

KingsPawn posted:

It might have just been me, but I felt like that Riggan's arc is one of Buddhist enlightenment and the ending is his literal ascension into the Bosom of the cosmic universe.

This is actually probably a better interpretation than mine.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I don't think a couple people coming in here to threadshit because they don't like "artsy" movies is indicative of the Local Hipster Report changing.

• Locked thread