Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is pretty hilarious, but I wish they would tone down the otaku creepiness just a little bit. The latest villain made me tab away for a bit. I know they're creepy, but it's okay to just imply it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im fine with the villains being comically creepy, its not being played as anything other than being huge creeps.

I came to the series expecting a trainwreck but its actually really well put together. I cant help but have a huge grin whenever the cast interact with each other.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Tailblue being portrayed by the media as some mysterious rival to their popular red heroine is just hilarious.

This is the type of silly genre satire I can get behind. It really does feel like Nyaruko except less scatterbrained.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like this show about being obsessed with a little girl's hairstyle but I wish it was less creepy, like something I could watch with my mom.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I was originally watching this just because it was dumb as hell in a funny way and not offensive, but this is actually unironically a pretty good show. It got fairly smart out of nowhere with the media stuff.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

This show is pretty hilarious, but I wish they would tone down the otaku creepiness just a little bit. The latest villain made me tab away for a bit. I know they're creepy, but it's okay to just imply it.

Episode 3 was kind of weird with this in that Tailred basically just sat there the whole time when Fox Guildy was doing his thing. And he caught her-- only to make a clone, then swap places between the two of them so that he could-- catch her again? I didn't get what exactly his plan was there.

And why did the bloomers turtle's attribute crystal have gravity manipulation powers?

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I was originally watching this just because it was dumb as hell in a funny way and not offensive, but this is actually unironically a pretty good show. It got fairly smart out of nowhere with the media stuff.

I'm actually interested in seeing what they do with it, though I'm expecting it'll just be a running gag about how the media misinterprets whatever is actually happening.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The bloomer turtle's attribute crystal had gravity powers for the same reason foxguildy's ribbon attribute comes with illusion/copy powers.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kyte posted:

The bloomer turtle's attribute crystal had gravity powers for the same reason foxguildy's ribbon attribute comes with illusion/copy powers.

Oh, that makes sense.

Also, Ribbon Attribute gave Tailblue flying powers.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Three episodes in. This show is stupid, inane, and absurd.

I loving love it.

ninja edit: Also it's surprisingly light on the fanservice, considering. Always a good thing.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

ninja edit: Also it's surprisingly light on the fanservice, considering. Always a good thing.

Did you not catch the bathroom scene? I can't remember ever seeing such gratuitous fondling of :nws:twintails.:nws:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dublish posted:

Did you not catch the bathroom scene? I can't remember ever seeing such gratuitous fondling of :nws:twintails.:nws:

No one should ever worry about being shown such exquisite twintails :colbert:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So far all the fanservice comes from otaku surrogate fantasies and a pervert, so it's kind of a message in itself.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have a feeling the punchline of the show might end up being that human otaku are far, far more dangerous to the protagonist than these aliens.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Anime of the year.

Speaking of creepy...

This is totally what would happen if actual superheroes appeared in today's world.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I wonder how she's going to react when she finds out that Tail Red is a guy :allears:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

HiveCommander posted:

I wonder how she's going to react when she finds out that Tail Red is a guy :allears:

I think it's a case of damsel syndrome at play, rather than a pure attraction to another girl.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Super Jay Mann posted:

Tailblue being portrayed by the media as some mysterious rival to their popular red heroine is just hilarious.

This is the type of silly genre satire I can get behind. It really does feel like Nyaruko except less scatterbrained.

I was honestly expecting Tail Blue to steal all the attention from Tail Red. What a world.

rvm
May 6, 2013
What can I say, this anime is a thing of beauty. It almost fills a hole in my heart left by Akibaranger. (If you like this show even a little bit, go watch Akibaranger, it's amazing).

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Season 1 of Akibarangers never was not amazing. Yoshihiko as well, as far as parody shows go. Sadly, the second seasons of both were mostly retreads of all the good jokes from the first seasons.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That makes me both happy I dropped akibaranger season two and sad it didn't get better.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

rvm posted:

go watch Akibaranger, it's amazing).

Maaya Uchida voicing the professor to another red yellow blue comedy based team can't be a coincidence.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Potsticker posted:

Season 1 of Akibarangers never was not amazing. Yoshihiko as well, as far as parody shows go. Sadly, the second seasons of both were mostly retreads of all the good jokes from the first seasons.

That reminds me that I still haven't finished the second season of Yoshihiko. I'll have to go back to that sometime.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Where the gently caress is this streaming anyway, I see announcements that crunchyroll has it but it's not showing up anywhere

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Funimation got it, not Crunchyroll.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

mr. stefan posted:

Where the gently caress is this streaming anyway, I see announcements that crunchyroll has it but it's not showing up anywhere

It's on Hulu, ain't it?

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
I want more Twintails.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I gotta be the twintail now, but I can't find any of my hairties at the moment for some reason.

NASA declaring war.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Topic title is truly an accurate representation of the show.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

That was... the most honorable battle between two foes I've ever seen.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, there's an episode today? Curses...

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
The word "twintail" shows up roughly fifty times in this episode :eng101:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dragguildy, you were too good for this world :911:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
His spirit will live on. :911:

Really. If you need an attribute to make a tail gear, and given he had blonde tails, I bet he's gonna become the core for Yellow's tail gear.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Mr. Frozen36 has this to say

quote:

If ya hatin on the twin-tails, then ya just hatin on yaself. This anime is creatively movin with all this cliche sheet and making it a grand thing. If you can't move with such a thing, then your not moving with much of anything, which = stagnation. Open your mind, embrace the twin-tails which offer so many beautiful stories and lessons! Everything offers lessons and beauty.. why not allow this to do eet for ya?!!

And I agree :patriot:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Every mundane thing the Ultimagu do looks hilarious.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, these first few minutes are so slideshow. The voices are so earnest and the face so blank and unmoving.

e: Holy poo poo still had a lot of dumb fun. God I love this show more than I should.

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 31, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Imagine if this show had the budget of an action anime.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Yes, my sword is twintails!
This just keeps getting better each week

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Apparently there's some sort of positive correlation between dumb and awesome.

edit: I've run some calculations, and it appears that it's not quite so simple. If my theory is correct, we can expect the dumb to continue to increase, but the awesome to level off, then decrease. The scientific graph below illustrates my disturbing findings.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Apparently there's some sort of positive correlation between dumb and awesome.

edit: I've run some calculations, and it appears that it's not quite so simple. If my theory is correct, we can expect the dumb to continue to increase, but the awesome to level off, then decrease. The scientific graph below illustrates my disturbing findings.

I believe I've found an error. Rechecking your numbers, I've determined the curve is more like this:

• Locked thread