Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I'll defend Angel Beats by saying that if P.A works didn't have half the show pulled out from under them it probably would have been amazing instead of pretty good. I still like it regardless.

P.A works generally had been pretty good. I'd say that recently their output has been a little bad because I think they tried going to the same story idea well too many times (kids/teenagers get displaced out of their element! Wacky comedy and romance ensues) with Hanasaku Iroha, then Nagi which was good but didn't have the same spark, and then Glasslip I didn't even bother watching because it felt like I had already seen the show before it aired just by its plot summary.

So I'm glad they're doing this show because it feels fresh and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh man that manga editor(?). They somehow made a character more insufferable than Tarou in roughly 30 seconds of screen time.

I don't think he's the editor of the manga, and is just a rep from the company who publishes the manga. Pretty much a PR guy of sorts, which would definitely explain his attitude.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
There is no way that it was not based on pretty much every meeting for every major anime ever.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Haha, oh man that editor hosed them really hard. They're going to have to redo all the key frames at the very least. So much for trying to be on top of things now!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

DamnGlitch posted:

Yeah that's my worry as well.

Was that the author or the guys shopping out for rights? If That is the author, it would show how important that line quality is to (him). Definitely expecting to much... for a moe fighter pilot show.

Pretty sure they said it was the author wanting that.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
P.A works is pretty inconsistent, and they also seem to try and mine the same idea of "teen/kids have relationship problems, with a twist on the setting"

So it was nice to see that they decided to just go "eh gently caress it. Adults are interesting, right? Do we know any adults? No? Well, what about us? Yeah, sounds good."

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

jrdbnta posted:

I don't know how well Iroha did, but Shirobako is selling like hotcakes in Japan, and it keeps growing. It's one of the few series I know of where there isn't a huge dip in sales after the first disc was released.

I don't know the numbers, but Iroha did good enough that they made a movie for it afterwards. It was definitely considered a success. I think Shirobako is probably a bigger one though, and it deserves to be.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Someone tell 2chan that Miyamori is an adult and has had sex and let's see the nerds go crazy.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I loved the discussion between the studio head and Hiroaka.

"Upset about him calling you a lazy gently caress? Yeah. That hurts because you know it's true." Hopefully we're going to see Hiroaka smarten up a little.

Also, going ahead on the story idea seems like a bad idea especially after what happened with the character designs. I'd go to the editor in person again and have them check right there that they have the go ahead. It's probably gonna bite them in the rear end again.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
While I really, really would want that to happen. I know it won't.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Haha. Yep, Shirobako is gonna be delayed on CR. Everybody watching on there should avoid this thread like the plague until it goes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Has there been any word on a US physical release for Shirobako?

Sentai grabbed it so be prepared for a world of disappointment.

Cause Sentai is the U.S version of studio Titanic.

• Locked thread