Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Poil posted:

Surely you mean Girls und Kampfjet? :v:
I hope it's a direct reference to GuP and they replicate its production as much as possible. If only 25% of all the rumors about that shows production issues are true, it'll be a hilarious and painful clusterfuck.

My bet's on Emi getting fired for trying to sneak panty shots into the animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Clarste posted:

Didn't we already see her fail an audition for hentai voice work? She doing some embarrassing practicing on the train, but flubbed her lines in the studio, or something like that. It's not really that much easier to get a job like that.
That wasn't a hentai, it was a harem show. Obviously one of the more trashy harem shows considering the lines, but I'm pretty sure it was specifically for "I Think My Harem's Falling Apart (But I'm Not Sure)."

Also goddamn this show has some amazing soul reads on the names of its fake products.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Wait, is there an actual episode of Exodus released, or are people just talking about the episode fragments in the main series?

Man, that was an intense episode. Also, based on those two seconds of interaction, I want the lovely production assistant to reluctantly become the second person in the office that can actually communicate with moeblob artist.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

That was nice how they diplomatically addressed and handled the "must be nice to get ahead because ur a gurl!", but yea Hiraoka can go suck a dick.
I really want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt here and imagine that that only came from bitterness at seeing actual examples of other male artists not being able to achieve their ambitions because of blah blah events. Mostly because I'm desperate for a justification for him being such a poo poo.

Neeksy posted:

I loved that scene in the train car where she was coming up with dialogue and stories for everyone there, that was a fantastic character moment.
Yeah, that was amazing. Girl's working on being a writer 24/7, even when she's moping.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Poil posted:

Don't be silly, therapy doesn't exist in Japan. :(
Fixed that for you.

Seriously though I hope the end result isn't just her being dependent on Emi and instead using that relationship to learn how to communicate better, because drat.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I know that it's extremely irrational and almost spergy to get annoyed by that very innocent wording, but my first thought wouldn't be that the staff forget about 2 of their 5 central characters. They've shown good writing and the ability to use their character resources well, such as pulling the old guy out at the end of part 1. Them not showing up is probably mostly related to their circumstances not having relevance to the drama going on now. We should see them again and get some more out of them after this delay shitstorm starts to blow over or when they get involved.

That said, the fact that Shizuka hasn't been showing up recently is very concerning. The overall tone of this show is positive so it's not like I'm losing hope, but the show is running out of time to resolve her employment issue. I guess delaying it as long as possible does provide good tension, though. Good for the intensity of the writing, not so good for my heart.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's the anime answer, but I'm thinking Clarste and sincx have the right of it. This show's been too positive about knowing people being a good thing to do that, I think.
Well the show's been having some realistic portrayals of the world, yeah.

Seriously, connections are kind of what gets you places. Whether you get those connections because you're good at what you do or because you're sociable (or some combination of the two) really doesn't matter, at the end of the day if no one knows you can contribute it really doesn't matter.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

The director being a massive neckbeard was incredible.

Great episode, Aoi crying at the end was powerful.

Oh btw guys CR ep's been up for a little bit.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

aers posted:

there are people actually upset and mad that shirobako is popular because the characters are getting relatively "happy" endings and they wanted the show to be much darker

i dont understand people
Neither do I. I mean goddamn it I was sweating over the outcome here but at least I knew that the overall tone was positive so things were probably going to be alright. Why is abstract things like tone and story structure so hard for people to follow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I feel sorry for all the people who didn't appreciate Ema's pet remora.

• Locked thread