Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This show is loving cool, and I want to kiss the sound designer who made a random girl who showed up in his office wear high heels and walk in place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Which other voice actors do you have a crush on, laplace?

You didn't ask me but I'm in love with Aya Hirano

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How can anyone dislike Tarou, he's an affable goofball who seems to actually do his job competently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at the guy screaming about rear end for 14 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

Heartbreaking.

Awesome how they showed us the juxtaposition of the 14+ hour meeting participants getting fatigued and just choosing whatever to how much getting or not getting that role meant for the newbie.

I almost started crying. Heavy feels this week

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

The staff have tweeted that the meeting scene in episode 14 was recorded before the animation so they could animate it afterwards with errors left in, to make it more realistic.

This show is really good and it's cool to see something be a complete surprise like this. I wish more shows had characters who weren't in high school. Just do it like shirobako and make them like a year or two out so you can still do the moe design or whatever, but at least they can have jobs now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hate the sniveling moe girl who acts like a 6 year old, because it's completely at odds with the great professional characterization of everyone else up to this point. good luck miyamori, I believe in you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aers posted:

The second half has been so successful so far that sales have spiked across the board and half the volumes are sold out on pre-orders since they didn't expect the demand.

Anime production sure is hard.

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The funniest part to me this week was Ema lifting her leg into a vertical line when she was trying to pitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i wanted that girl to get fired so the redhead could get a job, but then she was really sad and i got all feels for her

I love Zuka and she's the most interesting character in the show because she just quietly simmers in the background never achieving any of her goals. Shirobako is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andes Chucky should have been in 4:3, but the theme song completely nailed it. watching galaxy express 999 at the same time as this and that song could play during an episode and i would believe it was written in the 70s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good point, especially considering anime in the 70s looks like complete rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

I think that link needs :nws: tags due to the ads. Opened it on my phone and got a naked anime woman on my screen.

Thank you, now I know I need to click on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao at Tarou blindly walking into the fight room. Good editing there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zuka-chan-senpai is not going to get work, she's going to end the season serving beers to her successful friends and crying at home, alone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive been thinking about it a lot recently, and I've decided that Yano, Miyamori, Diesel-san and Zuka-chan-senpai are my gfs, and Tarou, Honda (fat) and Honda (skinny) are my bfs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i'll settle for misa, andou and the retarded chick. i too will befriend tarou, but also several of the drunk old guys and the president

oh yeah I'm also dating the alcoholic who was sitting on rooftop fishing (??)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did Diesel make an offhand reference to something called Shirabeko in this episode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

Dat planning.

Zuka........

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

History has vindicated me re: Tarou

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She shouldn't have gotten the job though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zuka-feels-senpai.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the girls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it gets a season 2!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that shirobako is over im probably going to just kill my,self

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Stay alive for the change of a second season, which seems likely. You could always kill yourself after that.

Thank you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash just saved my life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Google translate gives me this: "SHIROBAKO25 episode also Na was interesting ( while eating a donut ) I think you want to sleep while watching a dream ."

What's the sensible translation of that tweet?

Makes sense to me, Viggy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a shirobako movie would be really good. Hell, it could be about making an anime movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i want an epilogue episode where we see who all the girls get married to

Diesel-san and Hiraoka.

Aoi and Nabe-P husband and wife super producer team.

Ema marries a salaryman and now only draws in her free time but she is happy.

the 3D artist girl and Yano.

Zuka-chan-senpai is alone.

I get married to Zuka, actually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aoi x Tarou obviously

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

+ the drawing chick and the retard

You're marrying the drawing chick?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknAuxUwx7k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

What type of things does this awful person like?

I'm also curious as to what media gets the pedophile seal of approval for some reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ashtarath posted:

I don't know what all these recent posts are on about but after hearing people praise shirobako in some other threads I basically marathoned it.
Thank you enthusiastic people for making me watch such a fantastic show.

It's a really good show and I hope they make more. If not, I hope the creative team behind it gets to make more anime original stories about adults.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I miss Shirobako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blonde diesel...

• Locked thread