Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"The server blew, and the back-up. And the mirror servers." :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's great because anyone who's ever had a job knows and hates someone exactly like Tarou.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Uh no Tarou sucks.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Uh yeah the waking dreams are becoming a bit of a concern. Lot of fun imagery this episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Devil Tesla posted:

Also, the bear's letter was accepted in the ED this time!

The real :unsmith: moment in this episode.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Was not expecting the second-half powerup to come so soon!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

sincx posted:

Why such old fighters? Where are the F-22s, PAK FAs, J-20s? Hell, I'll take a late 4th gen Typhoon or Gripen.

Because the characters might have to cross the international dateline at some point.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mikl posted:

Also, to explain the dateline joke: the F-22 has lots of electronics in it. The very first time a flight of F-22 was flying to Japan, when they crossed the dateline their OS coudln't handle the change of date and promptly crashed, causing the F-22s to almost crash too.

Nonsense it wasn't a bug the plane was simply trying to put its pilot into the ocean to protect them from the effects of time-travel.

But I digress.

Being told "hey you're in charge of getting pretty much everything done now" must be simultaneously hugely gratifying and immensely terrifying.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It was impressive how loving dodgy the Studio Titanic office looked.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fangz posted:

Man, Tarou didn't gently caress up this week. Not even once.

This is ominous.

We have found the true Tarou. I dub him Tarou 2.:argh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The first time they showed the dolls talking they showed Aoi voicing what they were saying, so yes it is literally Aoi being sick of meetings while telling herself to be patient.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's kind of incredible how one lazy jackass can gum up the works of something like this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Yawgmoft posted:

So I'm guessing that pushing back the character drawings by several weeks is going to mess up the voice acting schedule?

I'm guessing the ladies with the super tight schedules aren't going to be able to make it now, yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

haha I KNEW they were using real people to get the poses for that scene. Excellent.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah man, yeah. I get that 'office drone' is probably near the bottom of the pile in terms of healthy jobs, but you'd still think a guy who bakes tasty treats for a living would find a bit tougher to loving liquify the pounds like that.

Also, I legit cracked up when Kinoshita asked "WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO OUR FAT ALLIANCE?!"

I think the change in stress levels probably help a lot. Crazy deadlines and the general diet on display in Shirobako could make someone fat as gently caress.

Anyone else get the feeling that editor guy is trying to gently caress them for some reason now? I get the impression that he's moved from incompetence due to laziness to straight up malice.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What's the normal career path to director anyway? If there is one?

I suppose there could be worse ways to learn directing than seeing how storyboards get translated into the final work.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Man the studio President used to have some amazing hair.

Speaking of amazing, this episode, wow.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AnacondaHL posted:

If they wanted to "keep it real" with Zuka there are plenty of ways they could have done that *insert edgy joke about hentai voice work here*, but they've already shown her success in background roles and that ridiculous live performance improv so I doubt they'd just drop her character like that.

Having the talent but never managing to break in to the work would actually be depressingly realistic, but I agree that something is probably going to happen with her.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fangz posted:

The thing about Tarou is that he only makes the same mistake once. Whereas Hiroaka just does the same lazy unmotivated cynical bullshit day after day for year after year.

And he's tied the anchor that is Titanic studios around Musani's neck, ultimately making more work for everyone and possibly jeopardizing the whole project.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
uh oh, the goons are going into heat. I didn't realize it was that time of year already. Better get out the spray bottle.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

sincx posted:

Why are they making Zuka suffer this much? Mizushima isn't usually the type to troll viewers like this.

I'd guess it's because breaking into voice acting is really really hard, and they don't want her success to be insultingly easy.

That or they're actually going to have her be the friend that fails and

K. Flaps posted:

If Shirobako ends with a lesson how dreams don't necessarily come true in life my shriveled black heart will grow three sizes.

Fangz posted:

Man, Tarou actually got through to Hiroaka, it seems like.

I think it's sweet that Tarou is just so damned determined to be friends with Hiraoka.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This episode was pretty much perfect to me.

Every visual gag the director has been in has been pure magic.

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's an out of nowhere anime original hit that had a second volume sell faster than the first. At the very least we're getting a movie.

Didn't someone say itt that they originally meant it to be 4 cour but only got 2?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Chev posted:

The original two seasons plan was supposed to have Minamori continue to rise in rank, PA → desk→ line producer→ producer.

There's plenty of stuff to do in there too, like having to cover for subordinate screw-ups, getting used to working with different directors and other staff, and dealing with the business side of anime in general.

Also: Director Tarou. Think about it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Now that shirobako is over im probably going to just kill my,self

Please don't, that wasn't the message of the show at all!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Dr_Amazing posted:

What was Funny Story's deal anyway? It seemed to go beyond just being lazy into actively loving up the production.

Doesn't respect the people doing the work + they interrupted his driving range practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whoah, trippy.

• Locked thread