Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Speaking of annotations I *know* I have seen the style of the poster on the right before, does anyone know what it's imitating there? I'm sure as soon as I find out I'll be all "oh, of course that's what it's parodying".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's pretty cool that while they were in the exhibit the background music was pretty close to Ideon's OP theme.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarou is so bad that he can't even give the premise of an anime without people getting mad at him, that takes talent.

I hope the show eventually addresses why he's not fired because holy crap I want to know his secrets.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sincx posted:

Director's self-insert.

I recall hearing that he is actually based on the director or something? I wonder if he looked back at the beginning of his career and is being way too hard on himself.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Demicol posted:

Tell me again why Japan isn't willing to let go of its "insane market price for anime goodies because only a few will buy it" mentality instead of switching to a reasonable pricing model and selling more. Is there really just not a market for anyone but the hardcore fans?

Rental stores are still a pretty huge thing over there so it's more like the casual fans will rent and the hardcore will pay a lot to own it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The only times I've used Daisuki were to watch new -monogatari stuff since the Crunchyroll streams were on a long delay, and for some Gundam stuff since for the first time ZZ Gundam had official English subs up there.

Emphasis on had, because welp they pulled ZZ Gundam from the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

The blu Rays for this show have been selling better every volume and topped the sales chart this week for the first time. Looks like a big groundswell of love for the show, Season 2 could happen..

It is cool that Shirobako is so liked that it does the opposite of 99.99% of media sales.

• Locked thread