Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ScottyWired posted:

The show is hilarious on the meta level too.

The five main girls are all super rookie voice actors IRL, with barely any experience under the belt. Aoi's VA has previously voiced two background cashiers in Detective Conan- now she's jumped straight into a main role.

It gets even funnier when you look at who's voicing the support characters:
Director- also known as Viral and that sword dude from Kill la Kill
Manager- also known as !!Nagisa!!, Yuu Kashima, Watashi
Artist Goth- also known as Saori Takabe (worst girl BTW), Lucy ---- Yamagami
Tarou- Inumuta, Briefers Rock, Firo Prochainazo
CEO- also known as the god drat Great Teacher Onizuka

They've basically flipped the whole thing on it's head, so you've got big names doing chump change side jobs while freshmeat does the hard stuff :v:

This is all kinds of marvelous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Good Listener posted:

I also liked that the method of getting him to animate the storyboards just involved cramming him in a makeshift prison cell. I am a little afraid to ask how true this is to the industry but it was pretty funny in anime form at least.

I really wonder why the heck they even have a room like that in the first place.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

sincx posted:

It seems reasonable that a large organization would want a portion of their storage space to be access-controlled.

True, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a jail cell.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dr_Amazing posted:

What was Funny Story's deal anyway? It seemed to go beyond just being lazy into actively loving up the production.

I believe it was that he wanted to shield Nogame from the hassle of dealing with the majority of responsibilities that would otherwise be routed through him (him being Chazawa/Funny Sorry).

• Locked thread